• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YL might be able to bomb jump ^_^

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
Alright, im not sure if this will work in a match,
but for some reason i was dead set on finding a way for young link to bomb jump.
This is a long shot but i can get a bomb to hit me in the air, i'll get a vid to show it asap.

Basically what i've been doing is double jumping off the fin of corneria, pulling a bomb, and finding a way to drop/throw it, in a way that will hit me, allowing me to up b after it. o.o

Well, when you're in the air, you can shoot a bomb with an arrow, and if you time it right, you'll get hit by the explosion, but i noticed its really hard to time it, and you often continue falling and the explosion misses you, so it does take a lot of timing >_<

I dont know if this has been discovered yet, but i thought i'de share what im working on =o
I'll post videos,
im not sure how it could be applied in a match tbqh, but its a step, no? :S

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i was just messin with that cause i read this, you dont even have to DJ into it if you're fast enough.

The problem is, you cant do this if you've already double jumped (which would make this uber).

You can either drop -> nair or drop -> u.air.

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS

once you get into the full speed of your fall, the nair wont hit the bomb, and you wont get hit by the explosion if you u.air.

Now, if there was some way to drop the bomb lower or make yourself slowdown as you fell, this would work :|

rhan

Smash Hero
IMO it's not even worth trying in tourney play. You'll have a better chance just pulling out the bomb and waiting on the bomb to explode in your hand then trying to hit the bomb and having it pull you down even further.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
well, you gotta realize that if you're off the stage and you PULL a bomb, that **** isnt going to explode in your hand.

Now, if you have one in your hand and get knocked off with it, that's obviously another story.

__

and yeah jona, if you have your DJ, everything is all kool.

My thing is what happens when you DONT have your double jump, which is more important imo.

Because if you have your DJ, what's the point of using it to jump into a bomb when you could... just jump? XD

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
well if you cant reach the edge even with your dj it would be useful i guess.

even tho if your alive you should be able to make it

back to the stage unless your pretty low

in which the bomb jump would be useful...lol

rhan

Smash Hero
well, you gotta realize that if you're off the stage and you PULL a bomb, that **** isnt going to explode in your hand.

Now, if you have one in your hand and get knocked off with it, that's obviously another story.
That's basically what I ment. Sorry for not being clear in my post. Otherwise If you pull out a bomb after being knocked away it wouldn't do anything until it's too late or not at all.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
well if you cant reach the edge even with your dj it would be useful i guess.

even tho if your alive you should be able to make it

back to the stage unless your pretty low

in which the bomb jump would be useful...lol
The thing im thinkin (and i actually have to go try this, im not exactly sure) I dont think djing into the bomb gives you more distance than djing by itself. If it doesnt, then it would be better to just dj rather than cut the distance jumping back into the bomb (see what im saying?)

I still have to mess around with this some, because maybe you do get more distance from jumping back into the bomb.

That's basically what I ment. Sorry for not being clear in my post. Otherwise If you pull out a bomb after being knocked away it wouldn't do anything until it's too late or not at all.
its kool.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
The thing im thinkin (and i actually have to go try this, im not exactly sure) I dont think djing into the bomb gives you more distance than djing by itself. If it doesnt, then it would be better to just dj rather than cut the distance jumping back into the bomb (see what im saying?)

I still have to mess around with this some, because maybe you do get more distance from jumping back into the bomb.

yea i see what you mean.

that actually makes alot of sence.

the point of bomb jumping isnt jumping into a bomb

its up-b'ing into a bomb isnt it?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well you can't really break Young Link's bombs with his Spin Attack, that's the problem.

Pine

Smash Ace
i know how to do it but you need to have a bomb already in your hand

pull bomb....get hit off edge....double jump drop use back air and it breaks the bomb....usefullness is 0 cuz no knockback of bomb + separate hits....dogy yes i followed you here but it really is true

i call it pining

Top Bottom