• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

xYz vs Gmoney Tournament Finals matches.

wul

Smash Cadet
It seemed like your dthrows were more effective when you tech chased and used usmash instead of dsmashing in place. Awesome matches!

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
So much hate I get on these videos. By the way, unless this got updated, this is missing the match that I win on Gmoneystar (brinstar). As far as me abusing the tornado. Wouldn't I be a fool not to? That move is without a doubt MK's best form of punishment against most of the cast. Oh, and I'll wreck you, Master Raven. $20 MM at FAST1?

xYz is probably the best Gdub in the nation. Everyone should take notes.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
lol that mk sucked...ive only seen one decent mk and thats m2k...all these others spam. and learn how to use uAIR on mk, it works well.

Master Raven

Smash Master
So much hate I get on these videos. By the way, unless this got updated, this is missing the match that I win on Gmoneystar (brinstar). As far as me abusing the tornado. Wouldn't I be a fool not to? That move is without a doubt MK's best form of punishment against most of the cast. Oh, and I'll wreck you, Master Raven. $20 MM at FAST1?

:chuckle:

I'm sorry for the harsh comment, and you'd probably wreck me anyway, it's just that playing Tornado spammers is so incredibly annoying. Oh, but then again, I look back on the Snake/ROB/GaW players I had so much trouble with... I should deal with MK fine enough if I fight enough of them.

So I'll take back my comment and say we truce, yeah? :)

Patsie

Smash Journeyman

Uhh, against a GW that can break it in 2 (I think there's 3?) very easy ways, yes, you would be a fool to spam it.

When you're gonna use it 50% of the time, it's pretty easy to dash attack or dair in the middle of it. Spamming = predictable = punishable (unless, of course, online).

Ruuku

Smash Lord

If you had done more Neutral B he would have lost more. It doesn't seem like xYz knows how to get around it yet. His Gdub is good but he's missing some stuff. He's probably is the highest placing in Florida but I don't think he's the best.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
xYz plays pretty similar to me.

Also Gmoney, it's a really bad idea to use tornado that much against G&W. G&W has soooo many ways to punish it. xYz opted to just dair you out of it, but he should be Uairing and Up-Bing more.

Tornado against G&W is pretty much only useful at high %'s when you need to refresh your other moves so you are able to kill. Approaching with Nado like you were is a horribile idea vs G&W.

And saying xYz is the best G&W in the nation is kind of silly. No G&W players have traveled yet, so we only know them to be top in thier states.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Hylian, you're probably right about the matchup. I have very little practice against the character in general. No johns.

Everyone else should stop riding the **** of anyone who beats a MK player. LOL! :027:

I'm just joking about xYz being the best, but we'll see... It's all just hype for FAST1. ;)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Hylian, you're probably right about the matchup. I have very little practice against the character in general. No johns.

Everyone else should stop riding the **** of anyone who beats a MK player. LOL! :027:

I'm just joking about xYz being the best, but we'll see... It's all just hype for FAST1. ;)
So much truth.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
more dtilt. maybe less dair, you use it alot but only get punished for it sometimes, probably a stylistic difference. Dash attack the forward b he uses to recover, hits him out every time.

edit: much much more dtilt, i don't think you used it once in the set, very good high range high priority move and its quick. and wow at two edgehog kills from the mk, good stuff.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
up-b MK's tornado and Up-B. Follow up with 9 or smash attacks

You have a very fast and quick G&W :) I wanna MM u when you come to MD/VA

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Turtle beats tornado cleanly. If we're hunting for best Game and Watch, DYF does more cool stuff with him than I've seen anyone do on video, but he uses a lot of ICs now.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
those vidoes don't do my g&w justice. Thats just how I play against MK's, I wanted to show the gw community what to do against MK.

OBM, ya i know I dont dtilt.... I started incorporating it in my game just recently, if I was **** before, dtilt will make me even more rapsies.
:psycho:

dude, stop bashing Gmoney, thats how he plays, ppl play to win, he's doing very good for himself that way. many ppl don't know how to deal with tornado

and i'm best GnW in my state, and possibly my region. Not in the nation though...

Ruuku
NoJ
Hylian
Bane
some other GnW's
and myself are all going to FAST 1...which is a national tournament

we can determine whos the best in the nation then.

Top Bottom