• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

XIII.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. Melee Edition - Wallingford, CT - October 18th, 2008

Skler

Smash Master
Marth does not struggle with Link, at its very best for Link it's a disadvantage. Not a counter =/= has trouble.

With that being said the top 3 are all too close anyways. Marth, Fox and Sheik **** everything so who cares what places they're in? I don't really mind, they all have one bad matchup and a few that are even/too close to call.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Marth does not struggle with Link, at its very best for Link it's a disadvantage. Not a counter =/= has trouble.

With that being said the top 3 are all too close anyways. Marth, Fox and Sheik **** everything so who cares what places they're in? I don't really mind, they all have one bad matchup and a few that are even/too close to call.
Eh, almost no one will argue with Marth having a bad matchup vs. Sheik, but people will argue any bad matchups for Sheik and Fox at this point.

Skler

Smash Master
Sheik has a bad matchup against the ICs, it's just that nobody plays the ICs. Her matchup against Fox is even at best, probably in Fox's favor by a tiny bit though.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Sheik has a bad matchup against the ICs, it's just that nobody plays the ICs. Her matchup against Fox is even at best, probably in Fox's favor by a tiny bit though.
Well, while I personally think she's at a slight disadvantage vs. both spacies and the ICs, I wouldn't call any of those a bad matchup of the same caliber as Marth vs. Sheik. I feel like the IC thing is blown out of proportion, and on any platform stage I think she's barely at a disadvantage. Essentially, I don't think sheik players ever go into a match with a comparably skilled player thinking, "damn, I'm fucked."

Fox's only 2 matchups that anyone will really argue are bad, are Falco and Marth. Most high level players agree that Fox vs. Marth is even, and most say he's at a slight disadvantage vs. Falco. Again, I don't think Fox players have any matchups where they should feel like they're in serious trouble entirely due to the matchup.

R3N0

Smash Lord
... sheik vs chu. is an awful idea. cuz he will 0- death cg you with 1 climber and laugh. -_-'.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Teczero JR is right though.
Don't play chu.
Period.

Trademark what do you know about high levels of play? =P

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Well, while I personally think she's at a slight disadvantage vs. both spacies and the ICs, I wouldn't call any of those a bad matchup of the same caliber as Marth vs. Sheik. I feel like the IC thing is blown out of proportion, and on any platform stage I think she's barely at a disadvantage. Essentially, I don't think sheik players ever go into a match with a comparably skilled player thinking, "damn, I'm fucked."

Fox's only 2 matchups that anyone will really argue are bad, are Falco and Marth. Most high level players agree that Fox vs. Marth is even, and most say he's at a slight disadvantage vs. Falco. Again, I don't think Fox players have any matchups where they should feel like they're in serious trouble entirely due to the matchup.
what you said would be fine except implying that marth v sheik is a really bad matchup.

sheik does fine vs ICs
if your name is m2k then yeah
or this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1UDgHL04so
actually, or if you stop playing her like you do vs everyone else

Skler

Smash Master
Bad matchup = disadvantage. Any disadvantage makes a matchup bad, none of the characters in Melee are so broken as to have no matchups where they don't have even a slight disadvantage.

Obviously all the best characters have no matchup that they will lose all the time when skill and matchup knowledge is close for each player, so what's the point in even separating them? Fox, Marth and Sheik might as well be even because it's too close to call. All anybody can agree on is that Falco is 4th. Good **** Falco.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Bad matchup = disadvantage. Any disadvantage makes a matchup bad, none of the characters in Melee are so broken as to have no matchups where they don't have even a slight disadvantage.

Obviously all the best characters have no matchup that they will lose all the time when skill and matchup knowledge is close for each player, so what's the point in even separating them? Fox, Marth and Sheik might as well be even because it's too close to call. All anybody can agree on is that Falco is 4th. Good **** Falco.
Well, I guess I just think that Sheik vs. Marth is significantly worse than any of the other bad matchups among Fox Marth and Sheik, but I don't play Sheik or Marth so I'm pretty much just going off of loads of hearsay rather than personal experience.

Aesir

Smash Master
Marth Vs Sheik isn't even that bad lol.

The only time where it's horrible for marth is when marth is dumb and screwed up an edge gaurd and didn't kill sheik fast enough.

They both edge guard each other extreamly well, they're both combo each other well. Sheik is just faster and can match marths spacing with her own.

It really comes down to the individual playing and how well both players know the match up.

55/45 in sheiks favor lol.

th0rn

Smash Lord
Falco should be bottom tier wtf... it's the players that make him good

All these intricate combos and then a back throw to d-tilt death... geeeeez falco blows

and you can't say "then don't get grabbed" or I could just say "don't get hit/combo'd"

LOOOOOL

th0rn

Smash Lord
Uhh, just because it's hard for you, doesn't mean it's hard. Once you get a grab it should be GAME.

go watch some Ken vs. Foward or PC chris vids, THEY get grabbed... and their stock gets DAWNED ON.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Falco Is A Really Good Char It Is Very Hard To Grab Him And If U Dont No What Your Doing Vs Him U Get *****

Top Bottom