• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

XIF's Tipped Off 7 Housing Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X_Infested_Falcon

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! It's me XIF! Now before I get into any details I have to clear some things up with the moderators first. Others may glance over this.

I in no way disagree with the fact I was banned. I haven't necessarily appreciated the other 3 times it happens but I get it. I definitely deserved it. Now, I would like to keep this account (I'd actually really like my old account back but I don't know how you feel about that). I am starting to get back into smash a little more seriously, and I really had no reason to come back to the forums anyway since any and all information I would need I don't need an account and I know most people in the community anyway. I feel that I should keep this account if only for the reason that I want to actually contribute to the smash community by offering easy and convenient housing that is not very far from the venue of Tipped Off 7. I've been very fortunate and have a house that is both mine and spacious enough to house 20-30 people comfortably. I need the forums in order to organize this properly and stay in touch with any smashers that may be coming into town. So I would appreciate it if I may hold on to this account. It's an internet forum so lets relax a little. I'd like to be able to get back into the swing of things with smash in general (I'm very likely going to Apex next year). So there is that reason to have an account again as well. If every moderator here hates me and wants me banned, at least think of travelling smashers that rely on people like me (as I have relied on this convenience countless times with others) in order to go to these events.

Now...

HOUSING

Hello All! I am still playing smash and I am going to Tipped Off 7! I recently purchased a home and while I don't have necessarily alot of beds, I have plenty of comfortable space to bring a sleeping bag or otherwise to stay at my house. I am within an hour of the venue and if you are flying in on Friday afternoon I will be making ONE stop at the Hartsfield airport if people should need it. This is the kind of things I would like to use this topic plan out.

Details about my house:

2400 sq ft with enough cushions and furniture in the living room to probably accomodate 6-8 people. Plenty of unused rooms upstairs which are pretty much empty that could hold probably another 15 people total. Anybody that is coming from out of state is welcome. Georgia folks are my boys and all but if it gets too crowded with OOS alone I'd rather leave that space for OOS.

Contact Info and Address:
You can contact me on my cell phone at 678-983-2391. I have my phone on me at all times, but I work from 8:30 AM to around 6 PM Monday through Friday. If you have a question for me during that time frame you can text me and I should call back or text back sometime when I have a break. The weekends and evenings feel free to call any time. My address is:

2783 Morgan Farm Ct
Buford, GA 30519

It is right by the Mall of Georgia which also happens to be the biggest mall east of the Mississippi River. It's a cool place and there are endless restaurants to pick from to eat at.

Rules:
It's pretty simple: control yourself. We'll all be having a good time but I do have neighbors so keep it down. Anyone that needs that cigarette break can do so in my back yard. If people want to do anything else, that's fine, but again control yourself. If you start acting a fool or do something stupid I really don't have a problem kicking you out, even if you're from out of state. I'll get a cab to take you to the nearest hotel. Just a fair warning, but you'd have to be some special kind of real A-Hole to take it that far, so don't worry about it if you are going to act reasonable. Also, I will not tolerate any outside food or drink at the house. I tried it once and it failed, and it's nothing personal but my house can't handle that kind of mess. There are dozens upon dozens of restaurants, fast food places, and 24 hour places like Steak and Shake or Waffle House in the immediate area. Other than that, just enjoy your stay!

Schedule:
Everyone is welcome to come any time after 6:00 PM on Friday, December 2nd. Every must be out by the time I leave for work on Monday, December 5th. I leave by 8:15 AM so unless you're cool with waking up and leaving early, make sure you have your plans squared away for departure. As far as my trip to Hartsfield airport, assuming there are people that are flying, I will make a single trip Friday afternoon. Depending on when people come in, I will schedule it for whatever is most convenient. Again just let me know.

I hope to hear from lots of you guys so go ahead and start posting and let me know what your plans are and what your schedule is like. I'm pretty flexible so if you see something that may conflict with what you need, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Housing List:
Linguini

Post away.

Pi

Smash Hero
if things work out and i am able to come (have requested off of work will talk to manager today) then i would plan on flying in saturday morning, and flying back out either sunday night or monday some time

is there any chance that i could get a ride from/to the airport to your place/the venue? i would of course compensate for gas/time/inconvenience

if so then i'd also like housing for my stay in GA

as well as a MM, cause i think i can tap that peach.

[edit] just read about your friday night airport trip...hmm i will see about working that out elsewhere
in which case i would only need ride from the venue/yourplace and a place to stay saturday and maybe sunday night

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think i have a car that will be coming to this from NC. there will probably be five.

something along the lines of me, sneak, EWBF, moophobia, and $mike. since i'm going to rom this weekend, i'll have to see how much money i spend, but as of now, i think i'm coming to this.

we would probably come in friday evening/night, and leave sunday night after the tournament.

X_Infested_Falcon

Smash Rookie
If there are alot of people coming to the airport on Saturday morning, I may consider making a trip out there as well. Linguini is coming in on Saturday morning, but I told him for now that may not work because the tournament is on Saturday and it's pretty far. If it's early enough and I have someone at the house I trust to look things over, or if I can get everyone to leave in the morning while they go to the venue and I go to the airport if it's open, that may work out. Just let me know so I can get the full picture from everyone coming.

And for the record, I still regard each and every person coming to my house to be extra free, and I will demolish everyone with my Peach.

=)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Yo wtf why they ban xif thats ****ing stupid he is trying to help the community im really ashamed at mods for this!

Alex if I got to the venue on saturday would it be possible I ride with you to your house saturday night and back for sunday? That be super tight bro =)

Also I aint free!

:phone:

Pi

Smash Hero
gais...he broke the rules, it's totally understandable
i mean...forget about why this forum was created in the first place...
and the strong bonds that were formed as our community grew throughout the years
and forget the fact that this has been the birthplace of so many legends, the forefront for our tight knit underground gaming community to spread word about community hosted events
with no sponsors, and only the will and desire of like minded players driving them to spend their hard earned money to attend these events
and that a big factor in what allows each and every one of us to travel to these events being other like minded community oriented individuals offering free housing, or transportation, or support in whatever way they can...
he broke the rules so he's not allowed to be here any more
duh it's so simple

ty mods you really have done a true service to the forums and community which you've volunteered your time and effort to help make a better place

...wait now i have confused myself

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so i think my car might still be coming but i'm not. idk. i've let them know about this housing, so they might take you up on it. i'm just no longer a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom