• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox Legends ClimaX: The Xbox Series X/S's 'Ultimate' Smash (Nominating 1st Party Fighters for Fighter Pass 2)

Should we include 4th Party Content

• Total voters

darkvortex

Smash Champion
FO4_VaultProfile_Full-ed.jpg

Vault [Fallout]
I think a Fallout stage makes a lot of sense. Isn't really based on any specific game but !the the concept. You fight in various rooms with different themes as Vault Boys walk around. At some point in the main room, the entrance, a Death Claw will enter the stage and start attacking fighters, before being shot down.

28e6bffb49a1ee272885b9a4b4c393fa32657d92.jpg

Oldest House [Control]
We already have Alan Wake in our roster and it's the same dev. This is a trippy stage that moves around various rooms and goes upside down, side ways, and more. Each room will have it's own gimmick. A pretty busy stage.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
View attachment 391659
Vault [Fallout]
I think a Fallout stage makes a lot of sense. Isn't really based on any specific game but !the the concept. You fight in various rooms with different themes as Vault Boys walk around. At some point in the main room, the entrance, a Death Claw will enter the stage and start attacking fighters, before being shot down.

View attachment 391661
Oldest House [Control]
We already have Alan Wake in our roster and it's the same dev. This is a trippy stage that moves around various rooms and goes upside down, side ways, and more. Each room will have it's own gimmick. A pretty busy stage.
I think you only submit one stage

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
View attachment 391661
Oldest House [Control]
I think you only submit one stage
Sorry for not specifying especially since we normally do nominate multiple stages. With the lack of nominees will allow a 2nd nominee if wanted. Will give this job a little more time.

Yelico Valley (Panzer Dragoon Orta)

Wanted to do a throwback & thought this SEGA exclusive would fit well, ride on back of Orta's dragon with smaller platforms coming & going.

Rook Islands (Far Cry 3)

Surpirsed Ubisoft doesnt have more major content especially since being in the game since the 1st entry. Far Cry 6 is releasing this year so thought a series stage could work well. Went with the most popular choice. Would be a Garreg Mach like stage transporting you to different island points including a Blood Dragon section.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Time to vote

Nominees
View attachment 391670
Vault [Fallout]

View attachment 391661
Oldest House [Control]
Yelico Valley (Panzer Dragoon Orta)

Wanted to do a throwback & thought this SEGA exclusive would fit well, ride on back of Orta's dragon with smaller platforms coming & going.

Rook Islands (Far Cry 3)

Surpirsed Ubisoft doesnt have more major content especially since being in the game since the 1st entry. Far Cry 6 is releasing this year so thought a series stage could work well. Went with the most popular choice. Would be a Garreg Mach like stage transporting you to different island points including a Blood Dragon section.
Vote for your Top 2, can self vote wherever, top 2 overall will be added.

1 Vault
2 Rook Islands

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Voting is still open, if no more votes we will use darkvortex's choices.

Job 83 - Nominate a 3rd party fighter for Fighter Pass 1. This fighter pass would be active from roughly late 2021 to early 2023.

Activision is in a weird in-between state now with the deal announced but not finalized for a bit. Think i will have a seperate job for them as i can imagine them getting fighters around key announcements for the deal & thus they are ineligible for this job.

My nominee will be added later.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
May_Guilty_Gear_Strive.png

May (Guilty Gear)
Strive is on game pass. I know Sol is the obvious option but she seems really popular and could have a really fun moveset.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Resubmitting
View attachment 390991
Ichiban Kasuga
Similar to smash 's dlc, I think it makes sense to start dipping into some of the third party partners that Xbox has, especially on the game pass side of things. Yakuza is a series that made a splash on Xbox around this time. LAD just came out and I think Ichiban would be a fun plat fighter character, and doesn't have the issues of Kiryu. He would have RPG mechanics taken from his game, the ability to pull out random objects, summons, and more.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Darkvortex's stage votes will be used.

Will let this go through the weekend, in the meantime here my nominee.

Faith Connors

Not a super recent character but think there is some logic behind it.

DICE - been wanting a character from them for a bit since prior to the EA buyout they developed entries in Microsoft series (particularly racing games) around the original Xbox.

Mirriors Edge - Battlefield is their most popular series but feel like Faith is their most recognizable character & would stand out a bit more on our roster.

EA - the big reason i bring a EA rep back up is since Microsoft announced a deal with EA regarding a Game Pass/EA Play partnership at the end of 2022 which would be during our DLC cycle & having a character for our game to announce around it would work out well.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #083
Character Name: Jinx
Character Origin: League of Legends (2013 update)

While a LoL character probably wouldn't be on my radar in most cases, the timing of this specific DLC lineup makes Jinx specifically a great pick. Specifically, around this time was when Riot Games added its own titles to Xbox Game Pass in 2022, and 2021 saw the release of the critically-acclaimed Arcane series - so there's a lot of relevance between the two companies around this time, and it makes sense for a Riot inclusion to turn up here.

Not only this, but Jinx's role as one of the most popular characters from the LoL franchise, as well as her prominent role in Arcane, makes her a reasonably logical pick. She specifically saw promotion in games like Fortnite and Among Us, so it'd fit really easily into the marketing for Arcane.

It also helps that her loadout of weapons and more chaotic portrayal than the other prominent protagonist of Arcane, Vi, would make her really interesting in terms of gameplay - an explosive, borderline-manic zoner of sorts, utilising her minigun, rocket launcher and explosive grenades to really cause chaos.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
View attachment 391937
May (Guilty Gear)
Strive is on game pass. I know Sol is the obvious option but she seems really popular and could have a really fun moveset.
IchibanKasuga.png

Ichiban Kasuga

Similar to smash 's dlc, I think it makes sense to start dipping into some of the third party partners that Xbox has, especially on the game pass side of things. Yakuza is a series that made a splash on Xbox around this time. LAD just came out and I think Ichiban would be a fun plat fighter character, and doesn't have the issues of Kiryu. He would have RPG mechanics taken from his game, the ability to pull out random objects, summons, and more.
Faith Connors

Not a super recent character but think there is some logic behind it.

DICE - been wanting a character from them for a bit since prior to the EA buyout they developed entries in Microsoft series (particularly racing games) around the original Xbox.

Mirriors Edge - Battlefield is their most popular series but feel like Faith is their most recognizable character & would stand out a bit more on our roster.

EA - the big reason i bring a EA rep back up is since Microsoft announced a deal with EA regarding a Game Pass/EA Play partnership at the end of 2022 which would be during our DLC cycle & having a character for our game to announce around it would work out well.
Job #083
Character Name: Jinx
Character Origin: League of Legends (2013 update)

While a LoL character probably wouldn't be on my radar in most cases, the timing of this specific DLC lineup makes Jinx specifically a great pick. Specifically, around this time was when Riot Games added its own titles to Xbox Game Pass in 2022, and 2021 saw the release of the critically-acclaimed Arcane series - so there's a lot of relevance between the two companies around this time, and it makes sense for a Riot inclusion to turn up here.

Not only this, but Jinx's role as one of the most popular characters from the LoL franchise, as well as her prominent role in Arcane, makes her a reasonably logical pick. She specifically saw promotion in games like Fortnite and Among Us, so it'd fit really easily into the marketing for Arcane.

It also helps that her loadout of weapons and more chaotic portrayal than the other prominent protagonist of Arcane, Vi, would make her really interesting in terms of gameplay - an explosive, borderline-manic zoner of sorts, utilising her minigun, rocket launcher and explosive grenades to really cause chaos.
Vote for your Top 3, self votes in 2nd or lower, Top 3 overall will be added.

1 Ichiban Kasuga
2 Jinx
3 Faith

I really like the Yakuza games plus the series hit GamePass & is the spiritual successor to an unfortunately exclusion who was considered for our early games being Ryo/Shenmue (wouldnt make much sense now with 3rd game skipping Xbox & not being well received)

Dont know much about League but is a huge series that would be a big deal to see added for many despite not being that closely tied to Xbox. A character like that is fun though from time to time like Cloud & Joker plus like the idea of us getting a League character after the Ahri in Smash rumors didnt panne out.

May is a fun idea but i generally feel like a MK would be our best choice for our 3rd fighting game series to get added. Imo feels weird to have 3 fighting series at this stage & for not one of them to be from the big 3 (SF, MK, Tekken). Like the MK idea sense that is the one Smash didnt get. Idk maybe thats a weird reason & still wouldnt mind her being added though.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results (Top 3 Added)

1 Ichiban 12
2 Jinx 8
3 Faith 3

4 May 1

Job 84 - Submit ideas for the extra content (stage & assist) for our new series (Yakuza/Like a Dragon, League of Legends, & Mirriors Edge)

My nominees will be submitted later.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
20210506165845_1-1.jpg

Millennium Tower
A major location that appears in nearly every game in the series and serves as the final dungeon in LAD. A traveling stage. The fighters will begin the brawl at the bottom floor, where the Drone Labs are located. This phase is completely flat. After a while, platform will rise from the ground and carry them through the tower. Finally, the fighters will find themselves on the top of the tower This part would have a few obstacles like the building cranes on the sides. If the hazards are turned off, the stage always begins in this phase.
YLAD_-_Character_Render_-_Yu_Nanba (1).png

Yu Nanba
A major party member from LAD. a homeless man who is secretly a key figure in the mains story. He will appear and use a lighter to burp a stream of flames across the stage, burning anyone caught in its path.

Piltover_Impacts_Across_Valoran.jpg

Piltover
The city of progress. Takes place on a large bridge on the dock as a ship goes through the sea. There's is a part of the dock hat can be stood on an a building that can be climbed. Eventually one of Jinx's bombs will go off, destroying part of the bridge and the building. This will expose the slum city of Zaun below, with toxic for rising on to part of the stage.

Vi_Render.png

Vi
Another Arcane tie in. Jinx's sister. She will dash forward and punch foes with her giant metal fists, smacking them a few times then smacking the ground, creating a shock wave

r2vqr2omdpw61.jpg

City of Glass
The main setting of Mirrors Edge. A scrolling stage that takes you through the high tech city. You have to jump across buildings and avoid falling between the gaps. The buildings are of different sizes so you may need to climb. There are some flying cars that act as thin light platforms. A helicopter will appear and start shooting at fighters. You reach the Shard at the end and fight there. If hazards are turned off it will just be a single building with some platforms to the side.

No idea on assists.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Will give 1 more day for nominees, here are mine in the meantime.

Yakuza/Like A Dragon
Purgatory

Important location in the series games ive played so far (only up through 3). Feel like it stands out both in the game & on our roster if it makes it in (although our other 2 options right now our probably the more logical choices imo)

Kiryu

Will throw our other protag in the mix. Will have a combo attack ending in a random of a couple possible heat actions.

League of Legends
Noxus

Was one of the top locations that came up & was referenced in Arcane

Ahri

Not too familiar with series but thought id throw our at one point rumored Smash fighter in the mix since she is one of the few characters im familiar with.

Mirrors Edge
New Eden Mall

Nothing much to say other than i think a Mall stage would be neat.

Isabella Kruger

Important character & connection to Faith. Other key art shows her wielding a baton that could be used by the assist for attacks.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Time to vote

Vote for your favorite option in all the below categories, can self vote. Most overal for each gets in.

I will vote for all of darkvortex's nominees.

Stages

Yakuza/LAD

View attachment 392217
Millennium Tower
A major location that appears in nearly every game in the series and serves as the final dungeon in LAD. A traveling stage. The fighters will begin the brawl at the bottom floor, where the Drone Labs are located. This phase is completely flat. After a while, platform will rise from the ground and carry them through the tower. Finally, the fighters will find themselves on the top of the tower This part would have a few obstacles like the building cranes on the sides. If the hazards are turned off, the stage always begins in this phase.

Kamurocho
Players would fight on the red light district's arch
Purgatory

Important location in the series games ive played so far (only up through 3). Feel like it stands out both in the game & on our roster if it makes it in (although our other 2 options right now our probably the more logical choices imo)
League
View attachment 392223
Piltover
The city of progress. Takes place on a large bridge on the dock as a ship goes through the sea. There's is a part of the dock hat can be stood on an a building that can be climbed. Eventually one of Jinx's bombs will go off, destroying part of the bridge and the building. This will expose the slum city of Zaun below, with toxic for rising on to part of the stage.
Noxus

Was one of the top locations that came up & was referenced in Arcane
Mirrors Edge
View attachment 392225
City of Glass
The main setting of Mirrors Edge. A scrolling stage that takes you through the high tech city. You have to jump across buildings and avoid falling between the gaps. The buildings are of different sizes so you may need to climb. There are some flying cars that act as thin light platforms. A helicopter will appear and start shooting at fighters. You reach the Shard at the end and fight there. If hazards are turned off it will just be a single building with some platforms to the side.
New Eden Mall

Nothing much to say other than i think a Mall stage would be neat.
Assists

Yakuza/LAD

View attachment 392221
Yu Nanba
A major party member from LAD. a homeless man who is secretly a key figure in the mains story. He will appear and use a lighter to burp a stream of flames across the stage, burning anyone caught in its path.

Goro Majima
Would drive around in his pink garbage truck hitting fighters
Kiryu

Will throw our other protag in the mix. Will have a combo attack ending in a random of a couple possible heat actions.
League
View attachment 392224
Vi
Another Arcane tie in. Jinx's sister. She will dash forward and punch fingers with her giant metal fists, smacking them a few times then smacking the ground, creating a shock wave
Ahri

Not too familiar with series but thought id throw our at one point rumored Smash fighter in the mix since she is one of the few characters im familiar with.
Isabella Kruger is our Mirrors Edge Assist by default

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results (Most votes added)

Stages

Yakuza/LAD
1 Millennium Tower 4
2 Kamurocho 1
3 Purgatory HM

League
1 Piltover 5
2 Noxus HM

Mirrors Edge
1 City of Glass 5
2 New Eden Mall HM

Assists

Yakuza/LAD
1 Kiryu 3
2 Nanba 2
3 Majima HM

League
1 Vi 5
2 Ahri HM

Isabella Kruger is our Mirrors Edge assist by default.

Job 85 - Nominate a new 1st party fighter

Job 86 - Nominate a new Activision Blizzard rep

Will open 2 newcomer jobs for the weekend. Remember the fighter must have debuted in 2022 or earlier. Where the fighter pass ends in early 2023 it is probably too early for a game that released at the same time (sorry Chai). Overwatch & Crash Bandicoot are our current ABK series on the roster.

My nominees will be submitted later.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Spyro.png

Spyro the Dragon
I think he makes sense to have with Crash. Doesn't have a new project but got a remake a few years ago and does still show up in stuff (CTR, Crash Team Rumble).

81BF6BB9-7346-454D-8327-D365589DCDDB.png

Colt Vahn
The protagonist of Deathloop. Set in an island where a corporation are trying to use a time oolong unlock immorality. The head of security of the AEON Program who seeks to break the loop and escape. Deathloop came to Xbox this year. I think he could have a cool moveset using the games time loop ideas.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Thrall (Warcraft)
Warcraft series is popular and relevant around this time, as the third game is getting a remaster.

Vault Boy (FallOut)
Gives the roster more cartoony characters and also promotes an upcoming TV Show.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Time to vote

Nominees

ABK
View attachment 392367
Spyro the Dragon
I think he makes sense to have with Crash. Doesn't have a new project but got a remake a few years ago and does still show up in stuff (CTR, Crash Team Rumble).

Thrall (Warcraft)
Warcraft series is popular and relevant around this time, as the third game is getting a remaster.
John Price (CoD)

Arguably the contested part of the ABK buyout.
1st Party (turned into Bethesda)
View attachment 392368
Colt Vahn
The protagonist of Deathloop. Set in an island where a corporation are trying to use a time oolong unlock immorality. The head of security of the AEON Program who seeks to break the loop and escape. Deathloop came to Xbox this year. I think he could have a cool moveset using the games time loop ideas.

Vault Boy (FallOut)
Gives the roster more cartoony characters and also promotes an upcoming TV Show.
BJ (Wolfenstein)

Surprised he hasnt really been brought up yet especially with some recent releases.
Vote for your top 2 in each category, self votes in 2nd, most overall for each will round out fighter pass 1.

1 Spyro
2 Price

1 Vault Boy
2 BJ

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results (Most votes added)

1 Spyro 9
2 Price 6
3 Thrall HM

1 Vault Boy 9
2 BJ 4
3 Colt 2

With Spyro & Fallout concluding the 1st fighter pass its time to determine their extra content.

Job 87 - Nominate stages for Spyro & Fallout (can have 2 nominees total)

Job 88 - Nominate assists for Spyro & Fallout (can have 2 nominees total)

darkvortex

Smash Champion
FO4_VaultProfile_Full-ed (1).jpg

Vault
I think a Fallout stage makes a lot of sense. Isn't really based on any specific game but !the the concept. You fight in various rooms with different themes as Vault Boys walk around.This stage would have randomly generated layouts.

Deathclaw_fo4.png

Deathclaw
Will storm into the stage and start attaching, using its large claws and thrashing around.

LoftyCastle_Reignited.jpg

Lofty Castle
Takes place on a series of floating islands with a castle in the middle and a are a of water in trouble the castle. Players can climb up the castle. There are small platforms that move all around the stage. It's a pretty big stage.

Hunter_CrashTeamRacingNitroFueled_artrender.png

Hunter
Will fire form his bow a few times.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Spyro Assist: Thief

Will spawn in with an item and race across the stage. Once the person who summons him beats him, they will get the item.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Time to vote

Nominees

Fallout Stage
View attachment 392543
Vault
I think a Fallout stage makes a lot of sense. Isn't really based on any specific game but !the the concept. You fight in various rooms with different themes as Vault Boys walk around.This stage would have randomly generated layouts.
Wasteland

Will take place in a city with falling apart building that will occasionally restore themselves.
Fallout Assist
View attachment 392546
Deathclaw
Will storm into the stage and star attaching, using its large claws and thrashing around.
Encave Soldier

Was brought up for our roster before, with Vault Boy being our rep feel like this could make for a fitting assist.
Spyro Stage
View attachment 392544
Lofty Castle
Takes place on a series of floating islands with a castle in the middle and a are a of water in trouble the castle. Players can climb up the castle. There are small platforms that move all around the stage. It's a pretty big stage.
Avalar

Played the Spyro 2 demo in CTR so much i could not resist a stage based on it. Would take you back & forth between Colossus & Magma Cone using a portal.
Spyro Assist
View attachment 392545
Hunter
Will fire form his bow a few times.
Spyro Assist: Thief

Will spawn in with an item and race across the stage. Once the person who summons him beats him, they will get the item.
Moneybags

Thought id try to get one of my favorite characters & moments in. Similar to Qwety UIOPs Thief idea, Moneybags will run away from fighter & heal them if hit (summoner will be healed more)
Vote for your favorite option, can self vote, most overall in each category will be added.

My votes are for the below
Vault
Encave Soldier
Avalar
Hunter

Last edited:
Top Bottom