• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X-Play has the FULL American version of Brawl(tonight @ 8 + preview inside)

NintendoFan963

Smash Cadet
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/index.html?t=682583#682583

As you can see from the video in the link, based upon the timed match of over 10 minutes long, x-play indeed has what appears to be the completed American version. Note that today is the 4th of February. Any thoughts on this? My guess was that the delay was due to either mass-production of the game(though I'm confused why they would need an entire month for this) or because of wi-fi(though I'm sure Nintendo could still release the game in ferbruary and just de-activate the wi-fi feature until it was optimal) I'm sure nearly all of you would want the game sooner and just have to wait a month or so to play wi-fi, just so we could get to play the game.

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo says "We feel like being *******s and giving X-play the American version of brawl to show off. The game is fully mass produced but, ya know, we're just to lazy to ship.

p.s. We hate you Europe. Expect the game later than everyone else.

With love (except for Europe),

Nintendo"

NintendoFan963

Smash Cadet
retro, the match they're playing is over 10 minutes long. I doubt that Nintendo would provide them with a demo with such custom-ability.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Hopefully the devs were just oh so kind enough, to actually give Snake more then one taunt in the western version of the game.

You know how cool that would be, to give characters equal treatment.

draigaran

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, what's all this development business that's keeping brawl from being released...

The BSC

Smash Rookie
The American delay was to give more time for advertising, not a translation issue.

Pre-sale numbers are distinctly low in the states, whereas they were huge in Japan.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
Wow they're terrible. It seems they didn't even know most of the controls or what items did. I mean come on they didn't go for the smash balls and the one they got on accident with charizard didn't activate his FS.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Wow they're terrible. It seems they didn't even know most of the controls or what items did. I mean come on they didn't go for the smash balls and the one they got on accident with charizard didn't activate his FS.
They're not going to be pro.. They play hundreds and hundreds of games...

Smash isnt on the top of their list...

Seriously guys.. stop whining.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
That chick was pretty hot.
Morgan Webb is awesome.

I am gonna go watch this now..hopefully I didn't miss it. thanks for the heads up.

Eh..caught the last minute. Something about Warioware. Oh well. It'll rerun 40 times.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Do you people ever stop whining about every little thing? Just be happy they're at least doing a special on it. They're even showing exclusive gameplay from the american version. Can we just be thankful for once? It wouldn't be any different if any other major gaming show was doing it. If you don't like it, there's plenty of youtube footage...

Anyway, it looks like they weren't dedicating a whole episode to it like I thought they were (dunno where i got that idea). At least it's something.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
...And that's it. They'll have weekly coverage, but it'll only be about 4 minutes worth. But it's worth seeing it at 60 FPS.

BTW, Morgan Webb? Please. lol.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys miss that we saw it in freakin 60FPS?! lol.

That game looks beautiful. Curse youtube for lying to my eyes.
Of course they did. Noobody ever seems to focus on the good.

Even on youtube. I'm starting to get really tired of seeing people complain about the person playing when they're doing us all a huge favor of recording and showing the world.

But yeah, I noticed the "pokemon" and "pikmin" mixup too. It's probably because they were trying to focus on the game, talking and giving a short review all at the same time. I'm sure they know what they're talking about.

Top Bottom