• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X-Play goes hands on with Brawl Monday 2/4!

The Director

Smash Lord
Just heard on X-Play...they're going hands on with Brawl this coming Monday, Feb. 4th. This is the American version of the game, not the Japanese version.

Also, they're going to have exclusive Brawl footage everyday next week. All of the online videos of the Japanese version are great, but it should be good to get our eyes on the complete American version!

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
They're gonna be making fun of it the whole time (In a hilarious way) but say it's amazing and stuff at the end and maybe a little bit in the middle.

The Director

Smash Lord
They're gonna be making fun of it the whole time (In a hilarious way) but say it's amazing and stuff at the end and maybe a little bit in the middle.
X-Play doesn't make fun of games they like...okay, I take that back. They don't make fun of games they like too much. From what I heard tonight, they've nothing but praise for this game.

The Director

Smash Lord
They give the best game reviews, bar none. They're the most honest.

But I agree, it's not what it used to be. They just changed the show last month, and they ruined it. **** G4. I miss Tech TV. :ohwell:

Gary

Smash Apprentice
X-play is a show that reviews and shows previews, gives news, and talks about games. I like it, despite some bad jokes. It's the best game show out there.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
yea i heard that too. theyll probably just show us stuff weve already seen, but ill still check it out.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
The Electric Playground was best, and say what you want... X-Play is very, very biased. I don't watch anything on G4 anymore. They ruined everything.

finalark

SNORLAX
They give the best game reviews, bar none. They're the most honest.

But I agree, it's not what it used to be. They just changed the show last month, and they ruined it. **** G4. I miss Tech TV. :ohwell:
That's laughable, they only seem to review games that they already know suck just to bash something and they give over hyped games 5/5 instantly.... X-Play is about as honest as those EB Games Ads where the guy hands in five games and is handed about $100 in cash.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
They seem good to me, they give games I like good reviews. 5/5s are pretty much "If you like this genre, you will most likely enjoy this game." They aren't saying its ZOMG GO BUY NOW!

Why do you think they made such a vague scaling system (5 compared to like 7.2 or 9.5) so they have more of a generalization for games.

Apart from the bad jokes, I enjoy watching X-Play. I am looking forward to this and will watch it.

-Onyx

3D King

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't it X-play who promised a new never before seen Brawl trailer which just turned out to be the first trailer except they switched little parts of it around?

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it...

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Electric Playground was the best? The only thing I ever saw them do was ***** themselves out to EA games.

Granted, X-Play reviewers tend to like certain kinds of games over others (Adam and Morgan in particular seem to have a real preference for Nintendo stuff), but they're always extremely consistent in how they rate the quality of the games they review. I always give lots of weight to their opinions.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
There are times when X-Play reviews can be really helpful and when they can be really pointless, but you can be almost 100% sure that when they give something a 5/5, it's USUALLY a game that most people will enjoy. 4/5s are for those games that people that like that genre will enjoy, etc... And actually, I find a lot of the things X-Play says about games (when they're reviewing them seriously) to be pretty true. It's not like they go around lying about games right and left to make you buy crappy games. And they do tend to know which games really are enjoyable.

But seriously, I doubt that they'll do anything to mess up this Brawl special. They were in love with Melee and so far, I've heard that they're loving Brawl as well. What's to mess up? It'll be the usual X-Play jokes. Maybe a stupid skit here and there and some footage and actual battles.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
X-play's pretty biased as far as I'm concerned. Not the best graphics = crap to them :/. It's a good thing this isn't a review and it's about Brawl! :D

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
The Electric Playground was best, and say what you want... X-Play is very, very biased. I don't watch anything on G4 anymore. They ruined everything.
Electric playground was the show that gave Smash 64 a 2 out of 10, and said the only good thing was Fox got a Lightsaber....they also said Smash 64 had Captain Falcon from the StarFox series...

Yeah, there's a reason EP isn't on anymore.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
X-Play is entertaining and usually give fair reviews, should be a good one.

Top Bottom