• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP4 Scores and Comments (Rev's and Zaft's posted. Seriously.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kragen

Smash Ace
That's nice to hear (not regarding Eor's post, but that Scav judging again)

But please make a WWYP in the summer, or I'll die in the summer.

It'll be a mess.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I just talked with Scav about the judging rubric for WWYP5, so it is definitely planned and should come out to you guys pretty soon.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
He scraped that for something else and now made a new wwyp5

Or so I hear

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's kind of funny that some of the contestants are getting Stockholm syndrome.

Remember, folks. This is Scav we're talking about.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
I don't see why the WWYP contest has to be put on a permanent stand-still just because Scav hasn't posted his scores yet. Just start the next WWYP contest. Once we get that going, we've all got something to do while Scav finishes his scores for WWYP4.

Honestly, killing off a great contest just because someone hasn't submitted their scores is just stupid.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I don't see what the point in complaining is. We could wait months, but we can't wait another week or so? He's getting there.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
what is stockholm syndrome? =/
A phenomenon in which a hostage begins to identify with and grow sympathetic towards his or her captor. The name derives from the Aug 23, 1973, violent armed robbery of Sveriges Kreditbank in Stockholm, Sweden, after which four bank employees were held hostage in a vault for more than five days. The hostages developed a dramatic attachment to their abuser, and a fear of would-be rescuers, that they could not explain.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Wwyp5

It's here, folks! Never mind that I'm not even a judge for this one! Just do it!

Prompt: write a science fiction story

due this friday at 4 pm

Winner gets to forget this ever happened and delete all evidence of writing it, or ELSE. Get to it! And it better be good!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
WWYP5 Entree

It was a cold morning. Matts robotic phallus was hard in his pants. A cyber bear, smelling this, burst down his wall and violated Matt in his violation hole. Matt's internal cyber-organs burst with joy, causing him to vomit futuristic blood and die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
hey guys did ya hear? matt's the best might as well give up writing you'll alll never be as good!!!!!!!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Don't worry, I'm hanging out with Scav at his house tomorrow. I'll take up our cause by stabbing him in the back when he's facing away.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No offense, caterpie, but you haven't been very constructive. The past few posts in this topic by you have been nothing but whining.

Scav finished Matt's and mine, which were giving him difficulty. And a very long time ago, he said he had "six left", so at the absolute worst, he has four left. Probably closer to two or three. Maybe even one. So why don't you stop your whining [/Arnie] and go have an ****** pie or something because you don't have much longer to wait.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I tried, but the knife broke when it touched his skin

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
No offense, caterpie, but you haven't been very constructive. The past few posts in this topic by you have been nothing but whining.

Scav finished Matt's and mine, which were giving him difficulty. And a very long time ago, he said he had "six left", so at the absolute worst, he has four left. Probably closer to two or three. Maybe even one. So why don't you stop your whining [/Arnie] and go have an ****** pie or something because you don't have much longer to wait.
You have great faith in Scav.

Give us a timeline from the beginning of the end. From the deadline, to present day.

I think people need to be whining. He could at least check in, apologize, or at least give us an update. Educated guessing isn't very reliable.

Though you're do have a point. The whining has been a bit excessive

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I can't whine since, ultimately, Scav is going to ridicule my entry and say it sucks which I agree whole-heartedly with. I'm hoping to use WWYP5 to redeem myself of this horrible shame but yada, yada, whining, whining...

You know the rest.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion

None taken Evil Eye.

I guess I'm just tired of all this bull. I'd love to help out and be constructive, but I don't really have a lot of power since I'm not a Mod. Ultimately, WWYP rests in your hands (along with the other Mods).

I just hope we don't lose this contest. That's my biggest fear.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Whining is warranted.

Also, the contest won't die.

For the WWYPers that don't know, we just wrapped up a week that brought myself, Revolutions and Matt together under the same roof. In preperation for this, I finished all of my judging save for one. This past week has been a very unusual one. Very enjoyable, very memorable, but very busy and unusual. I don't have any qualms announcing that Matt is the winner of WWYP4, and my scores will be posted either today or tomorrow, now that I actually have some free time.

Matt, go ahead and start thinking of a prompt.

In regards to "WWYP has become the biggest joke on Smashboards..." You underestimate just what we've accomplished. Any failures are mine and mine alone. The writing community on Smashboards has created the only self-sustaining contest on the entire boards. Since WWYP started, we've seen Debate with your Power, Paint with your Power, Compose with your Power, and Video with your Power. How many of those have you heard of? How many even made it out of the first round?

This isn't meant as a slight against those in charge of the contests. FDV, CK, Omnigamer, Wak, they're all strong and capable leaders. But, so far, the only contest that has a vision strong enough and a community enthusiastic enough is WWYP.

The only joke is me. And believe me, it was a joke while Matt and Rev visited. Worry not, Matt has no intention of letting me judge WWYP5.

We do need to making judging easier. Rev said he's willing to judge WWYP again once he "forgets how horrible judging WWYP4 was." In addition to a completely revamped scoring system, we will also lower the word limit to 4000 or 5000 words. If the contest starts growing again, I can't ask volunteer judges to score a novel's worth of stories. With these changes, I hope judging can become easier, more accurate, and most of all: more fun.

Finally, Uncle Kenny, I didn't insult you once during your critique. My word may not count for much, but you have my word that I will never make fun of a writer in his critique. Being mean is ok. Being meanspirited is not.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
A Matt, Rev, and Virgilijus combo sounds nice

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
*Wonders where Caterpie will be able to stick the twenties on EE*
Demoncaterpie uses c-notes with regards to his male prostitution.

All in all, I'm proud that Scav was able to take initiative and make up for his mistakes. That's all I really wanted. I knew it was bound to happen, as Scav isn't an untrustworthy guy (with all that I know about him, which isn't a lot:(), and I'm just happy that this contest can finally start up.

If anyone thought I was being a jack***, than I sincerely apologize because that wasn't my intention. I just wanted WWYP to come back because, as Scav said, it's one hell of a contest. Sometimes, you just have to show a little tough love in order to get something.

I will be posting a story in this contest. With all the crap that's gone down, it's the least I can do.

Matt

Banned via Administration
I'm finally back home and ready to get this thing started again!

Expect a new topic in the next 24 hours.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Whining is warranted.

Also, the contest won't die.

For the WWYPers that don't know, we just wrapped up a week that brought myself, Revolutions and Matt together under the same roof. In preperation for this, I finished all of my judging save for one. This past week has been a very unusual one. Very enjoyable, very memorable, but very busy and unusual. I don't have any qualms announcing that Matt is the winner of WWYP4, and my scores will be posted either today or tomorrow, now that I actually have some free time.

Matt, go ahead and start thinking of a prompt.

In regards to "WWYP has become the biggest joke on Smashboards..." You underestimate just what we've accomplished. Any failures are mine and mine alone. The writing community on Smashboards has created the only self-sustaining contest on the entire boards. Since WWYP started, we've seen Debate with your Power, Paint with your Power, Compose with your Power, and Video with your Power. How many of those have you heard of? How many even made it out of the first round?

This isn't meant as a slight against those in charge of the contests. FDV, CK, Omnigamer, Wak, they're all strong and capable leaders. But, so far, the only contest that has a vision strong enough and a community enthusiastic enough is WWYP.

The only joke is me. And believe me, it was a joke while Matt and Rev visited. Worry not, Matt has no intention of letting me judge WWYP5.

We do need to making judging easier. Rev said he's willing to judge WWYP again once he "forgets how horrible judging WWYP4 was." In addition to a completely revamped scoring system, we will also lower the word limit to 4000 or 5000 words. If the contest starts growing again, I can't ask volunteer judges to score a novel's worth of stories. With these changes, I hope judging can become easier, more accurate, and most of all: more fun.

Finally, Uncle Kenny, I didn't insult you once during your critique. My word may not count for much, but you have my word that I will never make fun of a writer in his critique. Being mean is ok. Being meanspirited is not.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You could have just passed the torch to someone else and you could have made it someone else's responsibility but instead you manned up and finished what you started. That's honorable.

And my entry did suck massively and completely but that's why WWYP has multiple rounds... for improvement. Even if I finish dead last in every contest I enter, I'll keep coming back.

I tip my hat to all the judges here... Actually, you know what? Screw it. I tip my hat to everyone here. But I don't have a hat so this complicates things...

So uh... I'll WIN WWYP5! Just wait and see!

Edit: Holy s***, man! You're an admin now!? Well congratulations... That senator thing didn't last too long...

*checks staff list*

And glad to see Azua moding the Rubbish Bin. I was getting pretty tired of all those a**holes spamming up that place.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Thanks Uncle Kenny :p let this go to show everyone that shirking your responsibilities always pays off!

We'll need one more judge, because Rev needs at least 3 years before he can forget the agony of WWYP judging. Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom