• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf Is Up With Returning Stages

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... Saffron City was actually very cool... and I hate to say it, but I don't actually remember much stages from the 64 version :-(

I actually want to have the old super smash bros game for virtual console... to get reminded what this hole thing started with...

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
ROFL to the n00bs who think Final Destinaton among others could "just" be built on stage builder. There was alot more depth to those stages than what you think there is. Battlefield had unigue edges, Yoshi's Story had Clouds and Final Destination was alot more than just a flat surface and nothing more. You couldn't recreate the epicness of Fountain of Dreams, the clouds of Yoshi's Story or the tricky edges of Battlefield with a limited stage builder. Final Destination wouldn't even be the same if you were playing Samus or Link. Besides, the stage builder would look unnattractive and repetitive. The best you could get with the builder is more range of platforms arranged differently.

rklamer

Smash Cadet
I'm personally excited about having Temple back. It's just fun to see how each character survives in the pit, and thus I'll have a good time checking out how the newcomers fare. :p

Patinator

Smash Champion
@ perpetual ownage: M'kay, so the fact FD has "walls" you can grapple and wall jump on to/off of changes the fact that you can make it in stage builder. Just put solid platforms below it in the same kinda of style; going inwards as you go lower. Big deal.

(Sorry this seems like a flame. It's not. :))

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's Island is fun. Onett is meh, and I agree with the point about Brinstar stage being very similar to the new Metroid stage (personally, I think Brinstar Depths would have been more interesting). And Rainbow Cruise and Hyrule Temple are two stages that I've always been fond of. But most importantly...

Corneria. I LOVE Corneria.

In fact, it's the most popular stage amongst the group of people I normally play with. So we'll all be quite happy to see a return.

And you're complaining about the currently revealed (as in, not all of them) stages... why?

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Battlfield is in brawl, just not hideous anymore.

Final Destination will probably be in, but not as melee copy pastry.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Just randomly, has anyone noticed that the background of Rainbow Ride looks strikingly familiar with the SSE map?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hyrule and Corneria are like the best stages in Melee. You're not very open-minded..

I hope they bring back Fourside, Saffron City, and Pokefloats..
They're both camper hell holds, the Temple and Corneria. Corneria is a okay stage, but Temple can die for all I care. Hoepfully I won't have to be forced to play it online. :urg:

And FD will return, people. Not just does it have a lot of strategy involve in it (well, not as much as most stages, especially if we throw out camping as a strategy), but it has intresting edges.

And if every stage is good (whoever says that) then explain Brinstar Depths, Venom, Infinite Glacier, and Flatzone. NO ONE LIKES INFINITE GLACIER! THAT IS A FACT!

Here's my evaluation on each stage:

1. Hyrule Temple: TOO BIG! Good concept, but overly large. It should be like 3 or 4 seperate stages, and it's glitchy and a camper hell hold. Never play as Roy here. ;)

2. Yoshi's Island: BAD REMIX! Seriously, it gives SMW a bad name, and I passionitely hate that SMB3 remix, as only the first 10 seconds are good. The stage itself is a good size. But the one curvey side, the other curvy walk off side SUCK! The middle and platforms are horrible. Too much of a party stage, if you ask me. It should represent Mario Party with it's awfulness.

3. Corneria: Okay stage. The glitchy and combo hell hold bottom is annoying, and it's still a bit big. The small details are nice, but it's a bad concept to begin with. It's a okay stage, and about average for a Melee stage. But the average Melee stage sucks anyways. >_<

4. Onett: Good stage. It might be a walk off stage, but it has loads of manuerverable places. It has too much stuff going on at once, though. Still, it's a nice stage with very nice details, and nothing based off MOTHER 2, lol! Neither is Fourside, and half the crap isn't even in MOTHER 2, lol! Whoever did this stage's history must have been, drunk, retarted, and high at the same time! :laugh:

5. Zebes: Brinstar: BAD STAGE! Honestly, it's a glitchy mess, and the lava, acid, whatever s*** is annoying. Whoever though of that must not play smash, lol! BAD CONCEPT TO BEGIN WITH! And the whole stage is a glitch, not gonna lie. Thankfully, in Brawl it will probably be much better. THANK GOD! :)

6. Rainbow Ride: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! My favorite Melee original stage, and it's awsome. Never the same thing at any part of the stage, it's nice to see it back. As one of the few "good" Melee stages, it's very intresting, and involves TONS OF STRATEGY! I love this stage SOOOOO MUCH! :)

LOL Bli33ard. That was kinda odd, but somewhat intresting. They do look sorta alike, actually. >_<

Arean

Smash Ace
If final destination wont return... just make a flat stage! thats why there is a stage builder you know

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But the edges are hard to recreate, and won't be exact. The point is, it will be hard to recreate ANY STAGE, if not IMPOSSIBLE! But FD will return, so no worries! :)

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
The last melee stage that needs to come back is Fountain of Dreams.~ Even though Brinstar is a counterpick, I hated it because of its glitchy platforms.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it... why is people so focused on getting back old stages like battlefield for example... do they really think that we will get the old one back... the only difference is that it has updated graphic...

I wonder how many locked stages that will come... (when I talk about locked stages, I mean some stages that are created with that your locked inside and not able to fall of the stage)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
@JohnKNight1: That's why they took their time recreating stages and they also said that specific places will differ meaning they will fix the glitches. BTW, Brinstar Depths is the buggiest board in Melee. Simple wavedashing in that board is dangerous due to the fact that you may falll through the floor resulting in you air dodging instead to a very cheap death.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I really hope N64 stages return. ALL of them :)
NOT YOSHI'S ISLAND! That is the worst stage ever, and never existeed. And Eternal Yoshi, NEVER MENTION BRINSTAR DEPTHS! Brinstar Depths is glitchy, crappy, and should have never existed. BRINSTAR DEPTHS never existed, k? [new conspiracy] ;) :chuckle:

Stages that would be more positively recieved then negatively if they returned:

Melee:

-Final Destination redone [it's already in the game anew, peoples!]
-Pokémon Stadium [1]
-Yoshi's Story
-Fountain of Dreams
-Green Greens
-Princess Peach's Castle (not sure on this one; camper haters vs. don't care people)
-Jungle Japes
-Kongo Jungle
-Termania (not sure on this, either)
-Mute City

Smash 64:

-Peach's Castle
-Congo Jungle
-Hyrule Castle
-Brinstar
-Dreamland (aka GODLAND!) 64
-Secor Z (maybe not with Corneria, but becuase it's big, and lots of people like big stages).
-Saffron City
-Mushroom Kingdom (maybe?; It should be redone)
-Metal Mario Stage (C'mon, that'd be cool, though it should be redone)

My predictions=???

-Mute City
-Pokémon Stadium
-Kongo Jungle (Jungle Japes could easily happen as well)
-Fountain of Dreams

MAYYYYYBBBBEEE Yoshi's Story, if Sakurai isn't retarted, and feels like adding good stages that Stage Builder couldn't possibly build that people actually play.

Smash 64:

-Dreamland 64: Most balanced smash stage, and most well recieved to return from smash 64 to Melee.

-Hyrule Castle: too awsome and too godly. If you play smash 64 on Kaillera and don't pick the stage, 70 to 80% of the time you WILL play this stage.

-Peach's Castle: Just TOO AWSOME! :)

-Congo Jungle: Glad it was in Melee, though other stages should have joined it from smash 64.

-Saffron City: EVERYONE LOVES IT! This stage is simply TOO CLASSIC not TO HAVE! =D

Maybe the Metal Mario stage will be return. But alas, that's a maybe. Those are the most likely smash 64 stages-assuming there are any in Brawl. Hopefully Sakurai isn't a moron and adds stages like Flatzone, Infinite Glacier, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, and so on over smash 64 stages. :urg: HERE IS TO HOPING FOR SMASH 64 STAGES IN BRAWL!

Smash 64 stages > Melee stages. Anyone who disagrees needs to play smash 64. The stages don't feel like BETA stages 1/3rd of the time. :chuckle:

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
I really hope N64 stages return. ALL of them :)
That would be a happy moment, yes... reminding us of what the hole thing started with...

anyway... there's a stage named Great Bay (Termina)... witch I tougth the person on top of this page was trying to say... but if Termina is going to get back... then... maybe skull kid will join:-P

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... I hope they won't... or I'm not sure... oh **** it... I don't remember that stage... I really need the original game on vc... or else I would go crazy!

I have almost forgotten the old game...

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Poke'mon Stadium 1 has to return. I mean, come on, it'd be a stupid move to create Stadium 2 and not include the original. But I wouldn't count on the N64 stages coming back. Past stages would only include Melee's since it's the most recent installment.

P.S. Great Bay is one of the worst stages ever, because of the two small-*** platforms on each side of the main one. You can just hit someone with moderate damage underneath the main platform and they are dead. And that turtle has stupid traction on it.

firebird34

Smash Apprentice
Seriously almost all the updates have been about the basic stages with the main base and the 2 floating platforms we need more new stages

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
So wtf is up with Yoshi's old stage? WHY did THAT have to return? Because of the pit in the center!? Gimme a break, that's kinda the reason why we DIDN'T like that stage. DUH.
Rainbow Cruise: The last thing we need is more moving stages in Brawl with disappearing platforms as you're trying to recover.
Corneria: Ok, nice, an underlooked stage that is actually pretty cool.
Brinstar: Agreed that it looks like the new stages for Brawl.
Hyrule Temple: My least favorite stage because i'm ALWAYS forced onto that stage. I remember one time I played Melee with friends, and yes I counted, FIVE times we went there, and we only played for a short amount of time! Plus that pit only makes it go so long I lose interest in the match itself that I sometimes just jump off the ledge to quicken the pace.

[/rant]

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
From the original:
-Kongo Jungle
-Saffron City
-Dreamland
-Hyrule Castle
-Mushroom Kigndom
-Peach's Castle
-Yoshi's Island

From Melee:
-Princess Peach's Castle
-Rumble Falls
-Jungle Japes
-Great Bay
-Yoshi's Story
-Fountain of Dreams
-Green Greens
-Fourside
-Mute City
-Big Blue
-Mushroom Kingdom 2
-Final Destination

All that, plus the ones we have now, and then 10 more original Brawl stages. That makes a grand total of 55 Stages, I think.

I want as many stages as possible.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
So what is the deal with all the returning stages?

THey seriously havent released one good stage.

FD
Battlefield
FOD
Yoshi's Story

This needs to be discussed!! Why are the crappy levels being brought back?

WHO CARES ABOUT ONETT OR HYRULE????
Battlefield is already back in, with a cool new design too. We can expect the same for Final Destination to be changed.
Whats wrong with all the stages they brought back, they are just as good as tournment legal stages.
Its not all about tournments you know.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
Poke'mon Stadium 1 has to return. I mean, come on, it'd be a stupid move to create Stadium 2 and not include the original. But I wouldn't count on the N64 stages coming back. Past stages would only include Melee's since it's the most recent installment.

P.S. Great Bay is one of the worst stages ever, because of the two small-*** platforms on each side of the main one. You can just hit someone with moderate damage underneath the main platform and they are dead. And that turtle has stupid traction on it.
Well.. how do you explain that Meowth did return then? he didn't appear in the game since the N64 version!

mario-man

Smash Lord
I personally HATE Onett with a SEVERE passion!!! Don't like Temple either. AT ALL!!!

I'm sticking with the creator of this thread. Where's FD? Where's Dreamland 64?? Fountain of Dreams?? Yoshi's ISLAND(not story lol that one sucks sooo bad)?? C'mon Sakurai, you know you want to add them......

Hyrule CASTLE would be a very nice add though I'm not sure about the tornados being apart of it.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
So what is the deal with all the returning stages?

THey seriously havent released one good stage.

FD
Battlefield
FOD
Yoshi's Story

This needs to be discussed!! Why are the crappy levels being brought back?

WHO CARES ABOUT ONETT OR HYRULE????
You're right. There are some stages that SHOULD return, such as:
Brinstar Depths (I just loved it)
Fountain of Dreams (Best for Dedede)
Mute City
Big Blue
Poke Flats
Final Destination

Well.. how do you explain that Meowth did return then? he didn't appear in the game since the N64 version!
Mewtwo was the coolest character and he is my main.
I don't see why he shoudn't return, he was like MK.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how including Pokemon Stadium 1 would be a smart idea. It's essentially the EXACT same stage, just with different transformations? Just hope that PKMN Stadium 2 includes them, so it doesn't take up a spot on the stage screen.

I'm completely happy just having Corneria back. That's the only stage I play in Melee, and while I would have liked to see it bigger, like 64 size, it's all good to me.

Top Bottom