• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-it-Ralph! ARE YOU READY FOR IT!?

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
Well, We all know that Wreck it Ralph is comeing out on November 2nd, So I wanna know: What's your favorate part? Why are you going to see it?

My reason: Bowser. He is such an iconic villan, and, Let's be honest, We all know that our fave 100% final boss was gonna make it Someday on the big screen! And then there's Sonic and Dr. Eggman and Clyde and....You get the idea. So I tell you now, ARE YOU READY TO WRECK IT!?!

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm probably going to see it on the 7th. I have School AND Work from the 2nd to 6th, except the 3rd and 4th, where I just have work

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The more trailers and teasers I see...the more I think it's not gonna be a good movie. I hope I'm wrong in that.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I want to see it on opening day, but all my friends want to see Paranormal Activity 4 instead on the same day. Ugh, I know PA 4 is going to suck though!

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
Oh, and Sonic is going to come out as as well! Wooo! Just go to Youtube and you'll see. I would post the link, but for some reason, My phone won't let me...

:phone:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm ready for the one character from the video game. I hope he does something to reference the video game he's from. That would be a pretty cool inside joke for a gamer like me.
Us gamers, right? Cake is a lie! xD

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I'm ready for the one character from the video game. I hope he does something to reference the video game he's from. That would be a pretty cool inside joke for a gamer like me.
This was funny up until I realized how depressingly true it is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Remove the video game character cameos and the story doesn't change. I think it could survive on it's own as a little kids disney movie without them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
To be honest, if you remove the video game char references, I don't think it does well. A lot of reviews from critics I've read have appreciated being able to get those references and relate to them. If there is nothing to relate to for adults, the movie would sort of hurt itself in that area.

I mean, don't get me wrong, a lot of Disney movies do a good job setting up humor for adults, but things get a bit easier when you have Sonic, Zangief, and Pacman at your disposal.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Just about all of the reviews though say there aren't a lot of alienating references like that. And I'm gleeful that most of the reviews are positive and really scoring it high, I felt much like theeboredone when I watched the trailers, I just wasn't sold on it. But I really wanted to love it, and now I've received hope!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm planning on seeing the movie tonight. If it does very well, they need to make a sequel based on classic consoles (2D or 3D) in the next 4 years. :awesome:

It should have characters like Ganon, Ridley, Murasame, Zio, Dr. Wily, and much more. Ralph so far is my favorite character since he has such a creative design and a great personality.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
A lot of good movies out right now. Argo, Ralph, and Flight. Probably seeing Ralph tomorrow. Skyfall next week. Mad hype.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I liked this movie. Engaging characters, good storyline, nice and colorful, has a lot of emotional tones done right, etc. The actual video game references and stuff are more in the beginning as opposed to the middle and end. My favorite references were
when Kano performed his heart rip fatality and when Sonic loses coins after being hit by Ralph

I've give it 80/100, 8/10, 80%, whatever.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I heard that the movie starts strong but gets week as soon as the enter the candy game.

Ralph drops from being the main character and ends up more of a side character

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yeah, it starts off really strong, I wish there was more of the Hero's Duty game in it tbh, less emphasis on Sugar Rush. And a tiny bit, the plot sorta shifts to Penelope becoming a normal character again, but at the same time it's incorporating the moral that Ralph learns at the end of the movie. The climax is actually fairly epic too, given what it has to work with. What I liked most about the film is even though there wasn't as much involvement from other video game character like I expected, it was still able to hold up as a film with it's own original ideas by itself and not just trying to market a bunch of video games and not focusing on the actual film itself. Without the actual cameos and stuff, the movie would be more of a 75/100. With though, it's 80.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of enjoyed it.

The ending was predictable. But then again, if they hadn't had that ending it would have been weird after mentioning about the guy earlier.

I was hoping for a little more game jumping from Ralph, but I already knew I wasn't getting that before I actually watched the movie

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Im not watching it since Dimentio isn't in it

'Nuff said

*sees Bowser*

Okay.... MAYBE....

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
It's not like it doesn't hold up or anything even without cameos or anything.

Regardless, there's gonna be a sequel. Biggest box office debut in Disney history? They are gonna milk it for all it's worth.

Top Bottom