• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow, where did everyone go?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
So the rankings came out on Smash Brawl Rankings today I guess, and I am stunned but at the same time not surprised at the results. For anyone that doesn't know what SBR is, it's a online Brawl community/ranking site where people go to find other players to compete against in friendly and ranked matches over the Wi-Fi system (think WifiWars if you've heard of that).

The point is, upon looking through the top few pages I only saw ONE Captain Falcon user in the Top 100, and even worse, that user is ME. Granted, many people don't have a Primary Character listed on their profile so you can't tell who they play as unless you face them, but seriously I thought that there would've been at least a COUPLE Falcon users in the Top 100. I mean seriously I'm not even the best or close to it with Falcon so I was certain that there would be some/many Falcon users in front of me. Does no one play Falcon anymore???

I guess it's not THAT surprising though because this board is definitely one of the or maybe even the least populated character boards on this pretty well-known forum. Maybe if Falcon starts looking good again we'll get a more active userbase here but that's besides the point. I still can't believe that no one plays Falcon anymore.

Any comments? I know this doesn't really have that much discussion ability but maybe you guys have something to say about this.

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
Im no Falcon player and never was actually. I can see that most people were scared of the nerfs as always. **** hypocrites xD.

IWuvGeno

Smash Apprentice
This week is finals week for me, so it's been a little intense. Starting Saturday, I'm gonna play some serious Wifi matches.

Falcon mains are mostly gone. I haven't found one other CF main out of the 30 or so matches I've played online. I also always ask the people in IRC and Allisbrawl.com chat who they main. No falcons... and the forums reflect that. We had some great threads started here, and now it's all fluff.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
This week is finals week for me, so it's been a little intense. Starting Saturday, I'm gonna play some serious Wifi matches.

Falcon mains are mostly gone. I haven't found one other CF main out of the 30 or so matches I've played online. I also always ask the people in IRC and Allisbrawl.com chat who they main. No falcons... and the forums reflect that. We had some great threads started here, and now it's all fluff.
Well hopefully you start whooping some *** because we need someone to get dominant with Falcon in Brawl so that his main-base grows and with more people more strategies and discoveries will emerge.

By the way we must play once you get out of your Finals.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I like that falcon sucks and no one plays him. It's like the few of us who main him have something to accomplish you know. The odds are against us, so if we come out on top it's true victory. By the way any links to this list you're referring to? I'd like to see what characters are in what spots.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Sure thing the link is right here:

http://smashbrawlrankings.com/index.php?page=7

The top players might surprise you. lol They surprised me at least!

I've played a few of the top players on there and they are VERY good. Of course the lag kills Falcon's timing so it's much harder to be good with him online, but I can definitely tell when I'm playing someone ridiculously good, even if I feel limited by lag. The two best players I've faced aren't even on the top page right now actually. They will be there soon though I am sure.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
C. Falcon will always have a place in my Smash heart (don't mean that to sound gay), as he was my mian in the original (behind Kirby), and my main in SSBM.

However, Brawl is out, C. Falcon is nerfed now, and there are greener pastures.

Maybe when SSB4 comes out I'll return to Falcon, or maybe my current mains will start boring me, because I feel bad ditching the big guy just because he got nerfed. :(

Edit: Grammatical error.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
C. Falcon will always have a place in my Smash heart (don't mean that to sound gay), as he was my mian in the original (behind Kirby), and my main in SSBM.

Maybe when SSB4 comes out I'll return to Falcon, or maybe my current mains will start boring me, because I feel bad ditching the big guy just because he got nerfed. :(

Yeah I hear you, I have looked into other characters as well. Actually what struck me as funny was that your top three Brawl mains according to your sig are some of my new favorites as well. I guess Melee Captain Falcon users who are looking for alternatives in Brawl think alike. lol Sonic would be the new Falcon sort of if he had kill moves, but without them he just feels too weak to me. I like a lot of people but none of them have exactly what I'm looking for like Falcon did in Melee (and Brawl somewhat because he still has some good attributes). So right now I'm sticking with Falcon as my main but I'm definitely branching out into new possibilities for alternates.

But yeah I can't say that I'm not already looking forward to SSB4 just for a new Falcon, sadly. Brawl JUST came out and the next game is SO far off and already I'm anxious for the new game because I want my beast Falcon back. lol I still like Brawl Falcon but he needs a priority and hitbox patch to become studly like his Melee self.

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
im a falcon main from ssbm and i tried so hard to stray with him in brawl but hes just not that fun for me anymore ,which is why i played him in the first place besides him being roid boy and the great taunt. Just seems like you really have to be serious when your playing him now and didnt always feel that way in melee,maybe I just need to get better with him but right now snake is filling in his role as my new main.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Mind if we play some this weekend? (Unless you got mass Easter stuff to do.) I don't want to give up on Falcon, I don't want to be a bandwagon like many others. He has moves to show, but I don't know them and there are no good Falcon vids. I'd love to learn from you so I can make Falcon my secondary. Ganon and Falcon are my go to guys from melee and I don't want to change.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Actually that just gives me more incentive to play him, I love challenges and underplayed characters. =D

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I'll always like Falcon as a character, as he was my main in the first Smash Bros... I'll even fool around with him in Brawl and see if I can come up with something interesting...

Although I think he was most interesting in Melee because he felt suicidal. Not so much now. :(

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Wow we actually have new people posting! Well at least people I haven't seen around here before... lol

I still feel like I'm improving with Falcon the more I play him, so that's a good thing. Certain characters still give me nightmares (good Ikes and ANY Olimar) but I'm starting to get successful strategies against other characters like Toon Link and Metaknight.

SparkElectro

Smash Rookie
Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm gonna go into these here Falcon forums and mindlessly bash him hurrrrrrrrrrr durrrrrrrrr. I'm so cool durrrrrrrrr.

Eat a ****, ***got.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Sorry bud but the sad truth that they killed brawl CF. I know I'm definitely one of the ones who always stood up for CF's gimp-abilty in melee, since he could always turn the match around and **** harder than they ever coud (unless it's a CF ditto haha).

But hey I admire you for sticking with brawl CF. Keep it up and you may rise to be one of the best (yet few >.>) CF brawl mains.

GPLegend777

Smash Rookie
I really don't think falcon is as bad as everyone says he is. Sure he got nurfed but he's still better then low tier. The one reason I started using him was because everyone under estimates him.

HT27

Smash Cadet
I still have Capn Falcon as my secondary =D Despite his nerfs, I still have the most fun playing as him, I think.

Skybent

Smash Cadet
yeah dude. i gotta give you props for sticking with him. i thought i was a hardcore falcon person but i just couldnt have fun or get good playing with him in brawl.
i cant dash dance like crazy andymore due to tripping and just falot out not being able to, and i cant combo EVERYTHING into the knee... hell, i cant even combo with him due to his low priority and the change in brawls gravity. i dont doubt there is SOMEONE somewhere that is good with him... but its just not me or anyone else ive even talked to.

so i completely changed styles and everything and am using dedede.

but srly... WHY IS THERE TRIPPINGGGG??? WHO THE HELL WOULD THINK THAT IS A GOOD/FUN IDEA FOR THE GAME????? JUST........ wtf????? ok. </rant>

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Yeah tripping is lame. Even if there wasn't tripping in the game though, the new dash dance is hard as crap to do. You have to go back and forth SO fast to get it to work.

Skybent

Smash Cadet
yeah dash dancing was immediatly my first instinct to do when i played my first brawl match as captain falcon.
and it woke me up and made me see how different brawl really is. i guess i didnt belive the hype. :/

HT27

Smash Cadet
KOing people and then "show me your moves" is even more fun now that the Capn is one of the worse characters... None of my friends ever comes close to using him in a fight, so it really burns them when they get falcowned and then taunted =D

IWuvGeno

Smash Apprentice
I'm nearly perfect with his dash dance now, and I stand in disbelief that anyone would think that it isn't an effective maneuver. It is the most solid part of my game now. The fact that only a couple characters can do this really sets him above the pack in that respect. Other than tripping, I find it very useful for playing mind-games with the opponent. If you're a Falcon main, and you can't do this, practice, practice practice!

Falcon does, in fact, have strengths. And I intend to find more. Being the second fastest character in the game gives him access to a lot of techniques that may yet be found. After winning a higher percentage of games now, I can say this with more optimism.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I'm nearly perfect with his dash dance now, and I stand in disbelief that anyone would think that it isn't an effective maneuver. It is the most solid part of my game now. The fact that only a couple characters can do this really sets him above the pack in that respect. Other than tripping, I find it very useful for playing mind-games with the opponent. If you're a Falcon main, and you can't do this, practice, practice practice!

Falcon does, in fact, have strengths. And I intend to find more. Being the second fastest character in the game gives him access to a lot of techniques that may yet be found. After winning a higher percentage of games now, I can say this with more optimism.
I just can't ever get my thumb to move fast enough to do a true dash dance. But if it's really as useful as you say I guess I'll have to do a lot of work on it.

Glad you are starting to enjoy Falcon more. :)

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Dash dancing is a useful mindgame, but be wary of the fact that doing rapid changes in movement seems to lead to you tripping.

I only really find it useful to add a sudden delay to an approach, baiting an opponent into attacking, but it's lack of maneuverability limits its usefulness and ability to space, especially since Falcon has that very long initial dash.

RPK

Smash Lord

And then you chose to main sonic ._.

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
Look at it this way, who plays as Ganondorf anymore? He's pretty much unusable now since he's so slow. I use CF occasionally, but he never was my main. That's weird that out of 100 there is only 1 CF user. Is there 75 Ike/Marth users?

c.falcon_88

Smash Rookie
I wil always and always play with c.falcon. I dig f-zero a lot and c.falcon in ssbm always makes me laugh like mad. I don't have teh brawl yet, ( f**k european releases) but I already know that i will play as c.falcon as if my life is depending on it!! no matter what.

falcon for life XD

Top Bottom