• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow more vids!

D. Disciple

Smash Master

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
I counted 34 fsmashes. Nice matches though. I need to start hosting tourneys in my area. It's a smash desert.

Milln

Smash Champion
*licks Dark*

=3

See? You stopped droppin' those combos. Good work. Keep it up.
Stop Giving G&W free BAS. XD Don't launch them across the stage if you can't follow it up.

I do notice that you roll a large amount, especially when you could've attacked, instead. Don't be skurred.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I got 37, I'll edit in the rest of my thoughts. I just had to put down 37 before I forgot.

Vs. GW
Match 1: You fed him too many useless BAS's that you couldn't follow up on. If he knew how to use the bucket better, it would've been bad for you. You were kinda bad with your edgeguarding too. You should know that GWs like to approach the ledge from under, but you were aiming above the ledge with f-smash. There was one instance where you ran off and got stagespiked at moderately low percentages. If you're gonna edgeguard them like that, make sure it's away from the stage or the up-b will get you. You did well in that match, but I think you know what you did well, so I'm not gonna repeat it.

Match 2: What happened at 1:43? You rolled around a little much and didn't punish enough. You didn't take full advantage of your OOS options (well the grab anyway) and rolled away when you were hit. You could've grabbed him a couple of times from the key. You used U-smash at the wrong times and got punished for it all 3 times. U-smash has a lasting hitbox, but if you're gonna try to take advantage of it, you have to know how long it is. I think you overestimated the attack. Again, I think you know what you did right.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Thanks for the advice Milln and Ilucamy, you guys got anything for me about the Snake match up. I felt upset when I realized I could've used his nades against him since I could've easily thrown them back at him and that first match got me a bit discouraged.

Ilucamy - One of the employees tripped over the power strip and turned the tv off, but not the wii. So in the midst of it all I somehow manage to do an fsmash while Wobby paused the game. Was funny to see my Lucario doing a fsmash even if the screen is shut off once it popped back up.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice Milln and Ilucamy, you guys got anything for me about the Snake match up. I felt upset when I realized I could've used his nades against him since I could've easily thrown them back at him and that first match got me a bit discouraged.

Ilucamy - One of the employees tripped over the power strip and turned the tv off, but not the wii. So in the midst of it all I somehow manage to do an fsmash while Wobby paused the game. Was funny to see my Lucario doing a fsmash even if the screen is shut off once it popped back up.
He can strip the grenades from you (they can even be stopped mid throw). I play against a Snake very often, only throw them back when he is in the middle of something else. And make sure you are still actually holding them. Know the fuse time too, thats very important against Snake (albeit a bit obvious).

Also, know that rolling away from Snake when he down throws you will ensure that only his dash attack can punish you (MUCH nicer than a f-tilt), and he has to predict it as well. You can also stand up without attacking (and attack quite soon after, or spot dodge, or shield, or roll away), or roll behind him. But standing and rolling away work the best from my experience, roll behind when he doesnt expect it though.

When you are at high percents DONT roll into Snake, they ARE waiting for it. (And yeah, I still do it too).

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I got new vids from another tourney guys. I was in Iowa last weekend and got 2nd place, lost to Joker's Snake.

There are some sets still waiting to be uploaded, you will like them trust me.

My complaints that I have are, I should try to pressure my opponents more, and not be so telegraphed.

Enjoy!

vs J.Lo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj8XpxlPpTw Match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlzTI8QwA2A - Slippy wants a Raise

vs Deepak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FvGFxefCRE Match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuuKoUylEP4 Match 2

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Nice work on that 2nd at jokers. I hope you can make it to another one in the future. I'm only like 45 min from his place so a bunch of us usually head down from ames.

tsu-money

Smash Cadet
Nice work man! Honestly didn't think you were going to pull off that 2nd match against J.Lo but you did. Good job.

Timbers

check me out
cool vids, just yeah gotta break a few routines. Noticed quite a few times where you'd fair->dair, and the fair sent them way too far away to dair. Some nice clutch endings though, nice 83

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Nice work man! Honestly didn't think you were going to pull off that 2nd match against J.Lo but you did. Good job.
Thanks man, that 2nd match still makes me laugh. We were all cracking jokes at how the Arwing ***** J.Lo's Fox.

I'm expecting a few more vid to pop up from this tourney, and the other one. Expect to see me go up against a Snake, Wario, Metaknight and MN's Best Ness.

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
Wow. That first match was intense. Though I thought there was a bit to much of fsmash. But when you were both last stock and you make a big comeback, I thought you would of won. The had me on the edge of my chair.

Second match was pretty good to. You looked crazy for the first stock and I honestly believe you could of three stocked him. His first kill on you was pretty nice to. I could feel the pressure that you put on him.

That first death was terrible to see in the third match. Nice bair kill. Nice try for a comeback though.

But you had some pretty good moves. Good job. And you use the same color of Lucario like me. :p

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
Heh that sounds fine to me. It would probably end up to be a good match.

Kappie

Smash Apprentice
Disciple your tilt use is non existant, you should really use more uptilt and ftilt as well.

2nd thing you roll way too much. Not saying rolling is bad per se, but you roll behind your opponnent a LOT.

Also your aerial approaches are often the same, could be caught on to by opponent, try to mix it up with aura sphere into dash grab/tilts or try pretending doing an aerial to trigger shield and then land behind your opponent and grab.

Kappie

Smash Apprentice
...My tilts? what matches were you watching man? I used my tilts in a lot of them
I watched the 1st vs Snake, you used literally 0 tilts there, and the last vs Wario (myabe 1 tilt), but now that I've watched the whole snake set, I kinda take back what I said, you're actually using your tilts there. I'm only trying to help and judged from what I saw, take what I said in mind though.

I didn't say yet your Lucario is GREAT. You seem to know the exact lenght of each hitbox, and your spacing is very good (that are the main reasons why you get away with alot of forward smashes :p), definately good stuff.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
lol it's cool thanks for the critique. I just wanted to confirm that I did use tilts in my matches. Cause when I was reading this post I was watching the match where I spammed my dtilt against Razor's MK to kill it. XD

Top Bottom