• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow, I might have to main Snake now

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
I've been a Pikachu main since Melee, and I intended it to stay that way in Brawl. Pikachu is still probably my best character. But earlier today I was at a Brawl tournament at my college. It was a double elimination tournament with no items, final destination, 3 stocks or 5 minutes. I had originally planned to use Pikachu, but since I had been playing around with Snake on my own I said "What the hell, I'll use Snake instead."

I'm glad I chose Snake, because I ended up doing really well with him. His tilts are godly (especially forward tilt, ****) and his aerials are great. Up tilt combined with up aerials got me a bunch of kills. It also helped that I got lucky with his insanely strong forward smash a few times, that thing can kill at really low percentages. I'm loving his range and priority too.

In case anyone's curious my matches went like this:
Beat a Wolf
Beat a ROB (barely)
Beat a Fox (he almost made a comeback though)
Lost to a Lucas (sickest Lucas player I've ever seen)
Beat another Wolf
Beat a Pikachu
Lost to Olimar

I ended up placing 3rd, so I won a $10 gift card to Best Buy :) And the people I lost to ended up finishing 1st and 2nd.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that little story. I might have to main Snake now because I had so much fun using him.

P.S. Any tips for fighting Olimar? I hate how deceptive his range is with those Pikmin :(

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
vs olimar just watch out for his KO moves. i know it feels like s hit when he racks up 50 damage in 3 seconds but he dies really easily and snake is pretty heavy. he's easy to stop recovery. use nades a lot

Race

Smash Lord
great story, yeah olimar's range is good for his size, and all his smashes dont look like smashes hahaha. Which college do u go to?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
What the? You won against those characters and your Snake was just pick-up-and-go?

Either you're a natural or your opponents were terrible. No offense.

win vs Olimar = patience, wait for opening, and then unleash your fury on him until you can set up for the easy edgehog of his tether recovery.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Dude, all I can say is that if you plan to main Snake then there's no going back imo. I played everyone in Classic and All Star recently, and it was frustrating because I am too used to Snake's gameplay.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Dude, all I can say is that if you plan to main Snake then there's no going back imo. I played everyone in Classic and All Star recently, and it was frustrating because I am too used to Snake's gameplay.
I can relate to this. I mained G&W before I decided to try Snake. After realizing that I liked the way Snake played I decided to main him and have G&W as my second. Over wi-fi I was practically unbeatable in "with anyone" matches when I used G&W. After playing Snake constantly I find that my G&W game isn't as good as it was before because I am so used to Snake's gameplay.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
i dont agree with that at all im picking up diddy kong, and king dedede and i find the change not too hard. In anycase welcome to Snake OP, indeed he is an amazing character.

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
Well, you just named 2 of the few charecters I truely despise.

Diddy is good, sure, but I'm terrible with him. Same with ol' DDD. I'll stick with snake, with an occational Luigi.

Top Bottom