• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you want Brawl to be Delayed until December if it meant...

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
December? Hmm... I was thinking maybe September for 10 new characters and decloning. The Big 5 (Geno, Ridley, K. Rool, Krystal, and Megaman) and like, 4 more. Sukapon, Ray, Mach Rider.. I don't really care, I just think 45 would be a good number. But 40 wouldn't be bad.

To be honest, I've gotten over the 35 roster, it's just they introduced the new characters too early. If they'd held out on information like Pit, Dedede, Meta Knight, Olimar, PT, Diddy, and just showed us Veterans, it wouldn't have been nearly as disappointing. It's just they gave us so many new characters in the starting roster, we were expecting a lot of unlockable newcomers, too.

Fawriel

Smash Master
This is just a "what if" scenario, I'm not acting like this would actually happen...I'm just asking this because I'm curious. If it meant getting Ridley, Geno, Krystal, King K. Rool, and Mega Man added to the roster (all of them with their own unique move sets and final smashes), would you be willing to wait until next December for the game...or would you rather just accept the roster we have now and have no more delays?

For me, I seriously wouldn't mind waiting for Christmas to have those characters added. It would be worth it in my opinion.
Ridley, Geno, Krystal, King K.Rool and Mega Man...

Make that Ridley, Mewtwo, Gardevoir, Micaiah and Klonoa and I'm game.

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
It's possible.

But only if the PAL version comes out WAAAAY later, so this is kinda bad news.

I don't think any one was expecting it to be released anywhere after at least July.

Melee came out December in US, and it came out in May for PAL, at least 5 months later.

Same for the 1st one, released April, and November for PAL. 7 months later.

If they can go for at least a 3 months difference this time, i'll be very pleased. So a demo is great news.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
I could wait a few more months. You get used to waiting forever for games when you're in the PAL region :(

DumHonkey

Smash Cadet
*rolls eyes* This is just another rehash thread for whine babies disguised as a "what if" scenario.

Gerkuman

Smash Cadet
I'll just wait another 7-12 years until the next one comes out, thanks. I've had enough of waiting already, I wouldn't want to wait until Mid 2009 just for the want of 4 characters; 3-5 months is already long enough. XD

meltingfire

Smash Rookie
Additionally, I would be willing to pay up to $5 each for downloadable characters.
the problem with that is if you fight someone online with a character you dont have downloaded
the game wouldnt read it because the data wouldnt be on your system

but big free updates (that include maps, characters ect.) would be nice

and i wouldnt wait for christmas but i might pay the extra $50

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
No I would not wait that long. Wait till May? Maybe, but I'm not going the whole **** summer and next semester without Brawl. Already waited for that.

Spellman

Smash Ace
The critics have already given the game rave reviews. I mean 40/40 in Famitsu magazine? When was the last time they did that, Ocarina of Time?

No, I do not want them to delay the game any further. Games that delay themselves for too long often end up getting canceled because the standard of gaming increases by the time they finally are planning to release it. Look at Starcraft Ghost, the first person shooter based on Blizzards futuristic strategy game. Canceled because it took too **** long to come out, and the graphics were behind. And how 'bout Duke Nukem? His game has been in development for like 10 years! I can imagine they're having the same problems within their development team.

No, this game is as perfect as it can get. The character roster, the stages, the storyline. Those characters you picked are swell and all, but I would not approve of any delay unless it was to fix a game breaking flaw like a bug that freezes the game. (But it would have to be a short delay or I'd go riot at city hall)

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
I would mind.. no need for brawl to be delayed for a few characters. Not everyones gonna get their favorite characters in. So most people are going to be dissapointed, and waiting a few more months wont help either, Because there will still be people thinking the roster sucks. Its an inevitable effect, and your one of the people in it.

Booshnig

Smash Cadet
Yes. I could live with Melee for now. They're almost the same game at this point anyway.

NessPaulaJeffPoo

Smash Cadet
I would rather have the game out when it says its supposed to be out, and then they can make all those characters purchasable in Wii shop.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
If you add Isaac and take out K Rool, yes I would, I'd gladly wait. IMO, the game would have a even better rep if it had those characters.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I would rather have the game out when it says its supposed to be out, and then they can make all those characters purchasable in Wii shop.
Even better. How the game out now, and pay for the extra's. Hell, I'm willing to pay $50 extra bucks for Geno alone. Guess that would make $60 bucks then considering points cards come in 20's...

I'm not even being sarcastic. I want half of those characters, and I'd be full willing to pay extra just to get Geno, Krystal, MegaMan, and to get Mewtwo back.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
This is just a "what if" scenario, I'm not acting like this would actually happen...I'm just asking this because I'm curious. If it meant getting Ridley, Geno, Krystal, King K. Rool, and Mega Man added to the roster (all of them with their own unique move sets and final smashes), would you be willing to wait until next December for the game...or would you rather just accept the roster we have now and have no more delays?

For me, I seriously wouldn't mind waiting for Christmas to have those characters added. It would be worth it in my opinion.
If it meants those plus Isaac, I would gladly wait another year.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Actually I wouldn't mind because Christmas is the best time for me to play games... hard to play during other parts of the year.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
As Sonic's theme goes, people need to "live and learn" that it's not that big a deal...
Why wait so long for few extra characters that might not meet anyone's expectations anyway...?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Yes, yes I would. It'd be a bargain considering I'd have to wait another 10 to get a fourth installment with the only thing I really wanted in this game.
So, a few months or another several years? I'd go for the few months.

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
Even better. How the game out now, and pay for the extra's. Hell, I'm willing to pay $50 extra bucks for Geno alone. Guess that would make $60 bucks then considering points cards come in 20's...

I'm not even being sarcastic. I want half of those characters, and I'd be full willing to pay extra just to get Geno, Krystal, MegaMan, and to get Mewtwo back.
^i second that, rlly should do payable feature that are worth it ^

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
I would gladly wait until December if new characters were added. Think about it, we wait 7 long years for this and the roster is no where near what it should be. Of all the new characters that we have been given, only 4 or 5 of which would actually be worth playing to me. Did I wait 7 years for just a couple new characters? That's bullsh#@!. Sure SSE is cool but it's only about 8 hours worth a play, and that's if you play through it with everybody. I believe there was supposed to be 40 + characters yet I've only seen 35. There was supposed to be another 3rd party character, that didn't happen. And I thought there were supposed to be more female characters in the game to help draw in more female players, that also didn't happen. Basically I feel that even though the game is good and I'll still play it, I just feel like Sakurai lied to us about those big issues and that it could have been much much greater. Especially with more new characters that I would even give two sh@#$ about playing. I'm just let down that after 7 years this is all we get.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
You guys should just get over the roster. There's many other features Sakurai added and you whine over the roster? Sure, I don't like it either, but I am satisfied with what the game offers as a whole. I wouldn't want another delay, if there was any way possible to get these characters, I would want them through Virtual Console(since it does have a role in Brawl)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I think the game is great the way it is, and despite how much I want to play as Geno and Ridley, it just isn't worth waiting that long for something so trivial.

HOWEVER, I'd gladly spend 1000 Wii Points per character on the Shop Channel. This way, we all get the game as soon as possible, and others still have the opportunity to get the characters they wanted.

Now, I know this is going to sound crazy, ridiculous, and flat-out dumb. But, does anyone else think that it is possible that they planned this from the get-go? It poses a pretty strong fiscal situation for Nintendo. Think about it: Three of the most requested characters are mysteriously missing from the roster. They'd make a metric butt-ton of money if they made those characters available for purchase.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman

no way would i wait that much longer. i've waited enough and i really like the roster

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I would accept another (few) delay(s) more just for a 48 char roster.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'd consider accepting such a delay IF that ment we would get:
- L cancel.
- Wavedash.
- Normal dash dancing.

Top Bottom