• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you still consider Marth to be a great player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkfan101

Smash Rookie
NNID
frankmustaine
3DS FC
3093-7932-1731
I know he got nerfed a little bit in the new game, but do you think Marth will still have a nice spot on the tier list?

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
No, laggy aerials and next to no combo potential makes it extremely unlikely.

Mkfan101

Smash Rookie
NNID
frankmustaine
3DS FC
3093-7932-1731
Do you think he would be considered bottom tier or just not as good as he used to be?

Mkfan101

Smash Rookie
NNID
frankmustaine
3DS FC
3093-7932-1731
Same. I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but I like Ike better. Ike has strong attacks and even though many people say in competitive he'd be ass but I mained him and I can get around many people's strategies. Marth still has the tip but not as much combos as he used to have.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I disagree. He just plays very differently than in past iterations. He a solid character and definitely can still compete in high level play. Also, refer to him as a character, not a player lol. Just curious though. Is english not your first language?

Edit: On the other hand, expect this thread to be locked soon. I would suggest going to one of the threads in the Marth boards for these kinds of questions.

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
I character that has a chance of killing as early as Marth can won't be bottom, really. I di'd correctly and got hit with an uncharged Fsmash 3/4 of the way across FG and died at 30%. I wasn't even Jigs and I later confirmed my DI was fine in testing.

He's not Melee/Brawl Marth, but he still has a disjointed hitbox on everything and can zone well. He has a mixup game and shield-breaker is better now. How he functions at a base will always be enough to guarantee he isn't bottom. A tipped Fsmash killing ridiculously early, and it can be combo'd into in the right circumstances, is a game changer.

Not Bottom. I can think of 10 characters more deserving of that placement then him.

Last edited:

RIP_Lucas

Smash Apprentice
He's still fun to play, but don't expect anyone to win tournaments with him. I mean, still does pretty much everything he does, but better, and he's not even considered top tier right now. You never know how meta game evolution and patches will change things, but Marth's glory days appear to be behind him

LoganS97

Smash Rookie
I have noticed he has slowed down compared to past games, but I still think he has potential due to the speed he has, if you hit smash attacks at the right moment, He can deal a lot of damage

etecoon

Smash Hero
He has a mixup game and shield-breaker is better now..
Shield breaker is 19 frames, good players aren't going to get their shields broken very often by this thing, I can probably dodge it on reaction while shielding consistently and I suck

Pyr

Smash Lord
Shield breaker is 19 frames, good players aren't going to get their shields broken very often by this thing, I can probably dodge it on reaction while shielding consistently and I suck
Takes a read, ya, but it's still a viable option. You can also charge it to handle spot-dodges and get a free hit and they can't just sit in shield with it. IIRC shield commitment is 17 frames.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Brawl Ganon could kill that early, too. Still bottom tier.
This isn't Brawl, for one. For another, Ganon had far more issues then S4 Marth does. They aren't even close enough to being the same to be comparable based on that one attribute.

If you're going to post, post something of substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom