• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you pay $100 to find out the full roster?

Would you?

• YES!

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • NO, I want no spoilers...

Votes: 63 60.6%

• Total voters

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
No, i would like to find them all out through the nintendo directs and at a steady pace full of awesome trailers. I wouldnt for 10$

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I would, if I could learn a character a month. That way I'd be guaranteed some news to look forward to, yet it wouldn't spoil all the surprise.

EDIT: Or every two weeks. Whatever interval as long as it's spread out regularly until release.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I would let someone paying for the roster and post it on their news site for free so they can get those clicks.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Someone else is going to buy it and reveal the entire roster for free anyway.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't, the surprise of new challenger approaching give me goosebumps, I love it.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
On a side note how many of you guys plan to go into smash 4 having no idea who the secret characters are?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
*Pulls out a hundred and surreptitiously drops it on the ground*
Is the big purple in da house?
*Doesn't wait long enough for a response*
I said I need my fix man! I need my fix! IS RIDLEY IN **** IT!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, I would spend that hundred on something useful.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I would spend the 100 to get the information then turn around and make 500 dollars or more back by placing me some fast bets.

Then use that money to do useful things.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
No, because I'm currently saving up money to buy Super Smash Bros. 4.

Conis

Smash Rookie
If I were hypothetically in a financial situation where I felt comfortable dropping a hundred bucks on something like that, with the knowledge that it was absolutely going to be true, sure why not. It'd be kinda fun knowing ahead of time and also potentially "leaking" the information somewhere to eventually be proven right (assuming no one else is able to pay to obtain it). Probably not REALLY worth it, but what the hell, I've probably made dumber purchases in my life.

Not really sure why anyone would be worried about the spoilers, honestly. In this day and age with the internet and how rapidly information spreads, chances are you're going to find out the roster well before you get the game, unless you go to great lengths to avoid the information (and really, is the surprise worth being forced to a) pretty much not use the internet for a few weeks/months and b) make anyone you know IRL who likes Smash not tell you anything for that period of time as well? I don't think so). At this point, there isn't even really a reason (save tradition) for unlockable characters to be a thing anymorel.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, but apparently I would spend it on pokemon action figures​

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Lol no. I would love to avoid spoilers, but maybe if it was for free I would. I'm weak.
But a 100? That money is going for the games.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Other than spoilers, heck no. It would have no value as it would just make me more eager for the game's release. And if the roster didn't please me, then I'd just be upset.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
tell me the exchange rate between dollars and pounds and i'll get back to you

(i'm predominantly joking i rather not have the secret characters spoiled for once)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Rather patiently wait. Besides, the only characters I want are Palutena and Bowser Jr. It wouldn't benefit me to pay that much just to find out bout the roster when I don't have many wants, not to mention there's always patience.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Why is this so important?

I bet you'd have your money wasted when you're not content with the roster you get (which can happen).

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OP is a Legend omg..i laughed so hard! At the title Looooooooooooool.

And i will play doubble that just to know if Ridley is in..

Naa joking i wouldnt.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Brawl's Dojo spoiled me too much and the game itself ended up disappointing me a bit because of that. I hope they don't announce too many new characters and keep them a secret, as well as most stages and items.

One of Brawl's flaws was making too many new characters starters and too many veterans a secret character. Marth, Ness, Falcon and maybe Jigglypuff should have been starters with Ike, Lucas, Red and Dedede taking over as secret characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I personally have no problem knowing everything in advance, and I'll definitely follow the leaks when it releases in Japan either way. I'd honestly pay 100$ just to know if Ridley is in or not, or at least I would if those 100$ weren't going to a Wii U in the first place.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
No, I wouldn't pay $100--Not because I don't want spoilers, but because it's a waste of money (unless you can make money with the knowledge, of course. Hypothetical questions like this often come with obscure rules.)

Hong

The Strongest
If the money goes to Nintendo, sure. I don't need a whole lot of it to live.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Where's the option, "No, but I'd take the list for free if it were offered"?

Top Bottom