• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you pay $100 to find out the full roster?

Would you?

• YES!

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • NO, I want no spoilers...

Votes: 63 60.6%

• Total voters

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Depends on the scenario. Is this a general offer, or is it something only available to me?

If the latter, I'd make a killing making bets with people.

If the former, no, I'd just wait for someone to reveal it online for free.

If I'm not able to make money off of this information, I wouldn't, because it's not worth it for $100.

I'd probably buy that knowledge for $10 though.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yes and no. Yes, because then I'd know who is in the game and possibly see what they look like earlier on. Then there is no, because they did that with Brawl and I was kind of disappointed. It didn't have that magic like it did in the previous Smash games where I was surprised by some unexpected challenger.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes, I would... just so I could say "I told you so" when I claim... no... guarantee that some stupid WTF character will be in SSB4... and quench my thirst with butthurt fanboy tears.

Paying money just so I can rage because X is not in? Hell no.
You don't have to... Mega Man X is not going to be in SSB4 anyway. :troll:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
$100? I don't even have $10! But if I had the money, I would. I know there is the possibility of disliking the roster, but if I got to know that same roster in the release date I would still dislike it anyway. Voted yes.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
No, I'd just wait for someone to leak the information for free or force myself not to look anything up so I can be surprised.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
>paying $100 to find out a roster that will be relieved for free
mfw

and no i don't care about spoilers as the poll suggests, i'm just not stupid enough to warrant money on it, i can't believe people have stated they would

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Personally, I think it'd be more interesting if there was only one true roster and a whole bunch of fakes. They'd all be similar, but with a few distinct character differences. Then all those people would leak their rosters and we'd have endless speculation over which is the true roster. That way, there would still be an element of surprise...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Because I'm in high belief that a certain family member's getting a Wii U next month, the minute Smash 4 hits stores I will avoid Smashboards until we get EVERY character.

D

Deleted member

Yes actually. While I would hate to spoil myself and have the surprise be ruined, I rather be excited/disappointed by knowing the roster now rather than later.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
I think OP is Sakurai. Checking how much cash he could get if he sold the list to people on smashboards.

As for the question, I'm gonna have to go with no. Not because I wouldn't like the spoilers (I wouldn't, but I will check every damn leak and **** daily untill release anyways. Got no self disciplin :urg:). But I would rather use that cash for one or two WiiU games instead. Still haven't got my hands on Pikmin3 and the wonderfull 101 and Mario 3D world is just around the corner. And it is looking RAD!

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
100 is the price for both games.So even if you're not happy with the roster you just paid for it to not buy it.
This would be reasonable with maybe...50? But I still wouldn't pay.
It's not like they won't be spoiled online,it's only important if you want the game day one and care A LOT about the roster.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Nope I honestly hope they don't reveal another new character. Returning characters, returning stages, items, new stages (maybe these hint at new characters but no official reveal), new items (same possible hints), new modes, game play videos etc... reveal as much of that as you want. But, keep the new characters under wraps. Brawls release was met with a fair amount of disappointment when everyone realized that the only newcomers we didn't know about were Toon Link, Rob, and Lucario. I think I would prefer to not know what we're getting and find out myself when I play the game.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Nope I honestly hope they don't reveal another new character. Returning characters, returning stages, items, new stages (maybe these hint at new characters but no official reveal), new items (same possible hints), new modes, game play videos etc... reveal as much of that as you want. But, keep the new characters under wraps. Brawls release was met with a fair amount of disappointment when everyone realized that the only newcomers we didn't know about were Toon Link, Rob, and Lucario. I think I would prefer to not know what we're getting and find out myself when I play the game.
they have to reveal new characters, it gets hype for the game

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Shut up please...I want to know everyone and everything about the game.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
No, though I might to ensure Toad gets in.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
No because I'd probably be disappointed or I'd ruin the hype for the game(plus, $100??!!).

Yes because of the trolling potential.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm... Well, I love the feeling a "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" screen gives me, so no, sadly, no.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Damn, I thought it'd be cool if I got the game without knowing any of the new characters...but that'll never happen :awesome:. My Smash addiction would force me to do it, so please take my money. I just wish Sakurai would reveal an actually NEW character next :(.

Top Bottom