• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you like "the leak" to be true?

Would you be happy if Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man were all playable, as "the leak" suggests?

• Yes, I would be pretty happy.

Votes: 59 55.7%
  • No, I would pretty upset.

Votes: 47 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Leaks. They pop up, then something hammers them back down. We've seen many a leak shot down already... and we still have a long time until launch.

However, one leak in particular has been lingering in the back of our minds for two months now. One person over at Neogaf "leaked" that six characters would be revealed at E3: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Megaman were among them. The three "leaked" characters that were not revealed at E3 were Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man. Since then, we've been unable to completely disprove the leak; many believe that it is 100% genuine.

This is not a thread asking whether or not you believe "the leak" is real. This is a thread asking whether or not you would be happy if the leak is real.

I've done some searching and haven't found this question being asked anywhere else on this board. If there is another poll, please lock this one. I apologize; I did search around for a duplicate, but I was unable to find one. I placed it here in character discussion because the leak talks about characters and characters only.

While I would like a bit of debate here, please keep it friendly. I don't want a flame war; the main purpose of this poll is to see the results.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm not sure really. I mean I would be cool with Little Mac and I'm okay with Mii. I'm not too fond of Pac-Man though. I'd much rather have Professor Layton as our second third party character but oh well... :/

I'd be happy for those who do support those characters but their not particularly newcomers that would excite me much. I'm still waiting for a newcomer that will properly get me excited if not I guess I will make do with Villager and I only started to look forward to him because I'm really enjoying Animal Crossing New Leaf. I'm even trying to replicate the Villager's design. I only need the green socks and he's complete...

Anyway's, I'd be okay with them I guess...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I like Pac-Man, I don't mind Mac. If Mii had a customizable moveset, it'd probably be OK too.

Hong

The Strongest
Don't care for any of those three characters, and I have yet to see a convincing prospect for good gameplay.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Little Mac is great! Miis would be good if they used something from Pilot Wings. But I don't really want to see Pac-Man. His chances only went up because Namco was co-developing. There are other third party reps I would like before him.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
**** no. I don't care about Little Mac, and I hate the idea of Miis and Pac-Man taking character slots.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm fine with the Pac, less so with the Mac. Miis seem pointless with Villager and Miss Fit honestly.

Strider

Smash Rookie
Nope.

I wouldn't really enjoy playing as any of them. So far I am not really thrilled with any of the new characters and with those I would only feel worse about the new choices.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Little Mac would make a great addition
I don't mind Miis.
I knew as soon as we found out Namco was helping make this game Pac-Man became much more of a legit possibility

So if it came true, I wouldn't mind myself. All 3 of them even without the leak had decent shots at making the game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I hope its not...bias included...although i have no problem with little mac at all or his inclusion....i just really dont like Mii's......

As far as chars go i just Want Ridley & Mewtwo

Kamek, K.Rool too but yh whatever...whoever....

PS if i had to choose between pac man or sonic i would choose sonic i would choose snake over pacman too.......i would even choose rayman or bomberman.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
If these were the ONLY newcomers i would be really really really really really really really really really really really really really mad. But if they are amongst a decent number of newcomers then i would be less mad.
Little mac and pac man are alright but i HATE the mii's

Groose

Smash Champion
Needs an indifferent option. :/

EDIT - WHOOHOOO 1000TH POST BABY.
I did think about including one... but that's just a cop out for a lot of people. I don't think we'd get many votes for the other choices if I did make that option.

If these were the ONLY newcomers i would be really really really really really really really really really really really really really mad. But if they are amongst a decent number of newcomers then i would be less mad.

Little mac and pac man are alright but i HATE the mii's

The leak doesn't mention them being the ONLY newcomers. There would still probably be a few others. Even so, these three would take up spots that could have belonged to your other favorites.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I did think about including one... but that's just a cop out for a lot of people. I don't think we'd get many votes for the other choices if I did make that option.
The problem with me is that I would be a bit happy with Mac, but can easily live without.

I don't really care about the Miis.

And I have meh feelings towards Pac-Man, but can easily live with.

And thus I am unable to chose one of the current options. :/

SonicMario

Smash Master
Maybe something with "Only Little Mac" "Only Miis" or "Only Pac-Man" for those who only like one of the characters in the leak?

Then again I suppose this is good to show how split people are about this rumor.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Maybe something with "Only Little Mac" "Only Miis" or "Only Pac-Man" for those who only like one of the characters in the leak?

Then again I suppose this is good to show how split people are about this rumor.
Yh true its all about the place...like some people couldnt care less about the rest of the roster too if there fav char gets in.

Groose

Smash Champion
I've noticed that opinion seemed to be pretty split on how people thought of the leak; that's what prompted me to make the poll. But so far it seems as if it's even more split than I had imagined.

The problem with me is that I would be a bit happy with Mac, but can easily live without.

I don't really care about the Miis.

And I have meh feelings towards Pac-Man, but can easily live with.

And thus I am unable to chose one of the current options. :/

That's exactly what I'm trying to make you decide. Is your want of Mac stronger than your dislike of Pac-Man?

I do appreciate the suggestion, but if I did that, then the purpose of the poll would be lost. It's entire point is: if the leak is true, would you lean towards being happy? Or would you mostly be upset? If I included an "Only" option... that goes directly against what the "leak" says.

I've seen that a considerable number of people put stock in the "leak." Even those who don't believe it seem to be expecting Mac, and to a lesser degree the others, more than before.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
None of those three new characters excite me, so no, I'd be a bit upset. Little Mac, I could see that he's earned his slot, and though I don't care for him, others might, fair enough. But the other two... No.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yh true its all about the place...like some people couldnt care less about the rest of the roster too if there fav char gets in.
That's true. As soon as Sonic is confirmed I'm probably going to sit back and relax about whatever the outcome of the roster is. There's not really any Newcomers I really REALLY want. But I'll continue to speculate if/when Sonic is confirmed of course. Because Smash speculation is fun.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I'm pro-Little Mac, Neutral-Pac Man, and Anti-Mii, personally, so I guess it'd be meh. I mean, I figure Mac's a lock, anyway...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Little Mac and the Mii.... that would be great. Pac-Man.... not so much.

I mean, Pac-Man is neat, just not... what I prefer.

I also think it's interesting that the votes are 50/50.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Miis seem pointless with Villager and Miss Fit honestly.
This. So my answer is "no". I really want Little Mac and Pac-Man, but I also really don't want Mii, so I hope the leak is falsified. I think Little Mac and Pac-Man have enough going for them to be included anyway.

If the leak does turn out to be completely true, though, I wouldn't really care. I'd still be getting two of the characters I most want.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
The only way I'd accept it is if we knew for sure those weren't the *only* newcomers for SSB4.

D

Deleted member

Umm... only if Little Mac gets confirmed and just him. I would be upset if Pac-Man or the Miis got in instead of other potential characters.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I'd love Little Mac (obviously)

As for the other two, Mii, I can deal with ONLY if they're NOT customizable. I don't want everyone running around as a Mii with custom moveset.

I've always kinda hated Pac-Man, I'd want a LOT of third party characters before him, and the character overall just doesn't appeal to me. I'd be somewhat okay with him if he's done VERY well.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Little Mac would be amazing! While Pac-Man and Mii are kinda "meh." Overall I guess I would be happy, as long as we got more newcomers as well.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No, I'd much rather prefer the leak not be true. I'd like Little Mac, but I'd rather not have Pac-Man and Mii, so overall it'd wouldn't be something I'd be in favour of. And it's not like if the leak wasn't true we wouldn't still get Little Mac* (the other two are more debatable imo) so... yeah, if it turns out fake I'll be pretty pleased. Ofc we won't know until the whole roster is out... (or somehow one of the characters gets deconfirmed).

*EDIT: Hurray for triple negatives! :rolleyes::laugh:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Little Mac would be fantastic, but I can't really say the same for Mii and Pacman.

I'm actually neutral towards them, not sure if I like the idea of them in Smash or not yet.

So, not really sure if I'd like the leak to be true either.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'm fine with Lil' Mac.

Not fond of the Mii.

The mention of Pac Man kills me a little bit. I want a Tales character, dammit!

EDIT: Yeah, I'd be upset.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Little Mac and PAc man PLEASE ADD THEM little Mac very likly at this point since there's alot of evidence for little Mac and PAC man is kindof a coin flip if he gets in or not most request but sakurai not really giving treatments to namco

And the mii I would be okay with that

Ascended

Smash Ace
I would be totally satisfied. Little Mac and Pac-Man are two of my most wanted characters, and I think Mii deserves a spot.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd like Mac, but he doesn't need a potential leak to have a big chance. I really hate the idea of Pac-Man and Miis, especially the latter mentioned, and I'm gonna flip a lot of **** if Pac-Man gets in but Snake doesn't return. I want the leak to be a fake, but I don't believe it is. So no, I don't want it to be true.

AcanthusLux

Smash Rookie
At least 2 out of the 3 seem like excellent picks to me.

Little Mac--I like his spirit!

Mii--I'm really surprised to see all the aversion to this character...the Mii seems like the most well known property Nintendo's created since Pokémon. Including it as as a playable character seems natural...

Pac-Man--A vitally important character in video game history, yes. But an Nintendo all-star? I'm not sure. I saw another thread here suggesting Frogger as a character for SSB. It would be kind of cool to have an "classic arcade mega-star" sub-theme to the characters in SSB4. But also really, really weird and out of place.

As others have said, if these were the only remaining newcomers, I'd be pretty disappointed. These three plus Ridley and I'd be satisfied. These three plus Ridley and a few other highly requested and/or interesting characters, and I'd be pretty excited (I really like the Villager and the WFT reveals, so I'm feeling positively towards the game so far...)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I would not be happy about getting Miis as playable when Wii Fit Trainer and Villager both already fulfill the Miis' niches.
I would not be happy about getting Pac-Man on part of how most of his current support is only surfacing because of Namco's involvement with SSB4 and not a lot else.

I'd love Little Mac though. If the rumor was Little Mac, Isaac, and Ridley, I'd be pretty damn happy, actually.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Little Mac: Like most people I'm down with Little Mac getting in.
He's not my favourite, but Punch Out!! deserves a playable rep.

Mii: Is not a character. I'm sorry, it's just NOT a character.

Nikki is about the only Mii I'd consider a 'character'. But I'm not sure if I'd want her in Smash as playable. Swapnote stage? Sure.

More importantly I can see Mii's inclusion as a cop out way to use customisable costumes so other newcomers become 'playable'. They did this in Mario Tennis for the 3DS and they did it in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Potentially a lot of characters could be added as 'newcomers' without actually having the feel or look that relates to the series. That customisation option that was mentioned a while back worries me and so I'd rather not have the Miis if my hunch turns out to be correct.

Pac-Man: Is a video gaming icon, and a legend of gaming.
Why you whippersnappers are so against the Pac I have no idea. He wouldn't have been my first third party pick either, but I'm sure not against his inclusion and he fits the series colourful look a lot better than frigging Snake does. I'd have preferred Bomberman to Pac-Man, but Snake's in the way of that. So Pac's the next best option.
(Rayman's also good, but Ubisoft being so flippant about leaving Nintendo for other consoles makes me feel a little bitter towards his inclusion now)
He's also Karted with Mario and friends before which gives him at least as much crossover past as Sonic(with the Olympic games) so it's not that much of a stretch to see him alongside the cast of Smash.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I agree strongly with Bridges: I want the leak to be fake in that I do not want Miis in the game, and Little Mac and Pac Man both are already very likely regardless of leak or not.

And to all the Pac Man haters, I express my confusion as well. He's the only gaming icon more globally recognized than Mario. His inclusion in the next Smash game would certainly merit attention, and the idea of a Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Pac Man on a Tetris stage is an idea that should at least tickle the fancy of anyone here who has had the pleasure to be a gamer for over two decades now. I'd be disappointed if they didn't take advantage of that chance now that Namco is so close and went instead with some Tales character that more than half of the world would respond to with a massive and collective "Him?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom