• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you like "the leak" to be true?

Would you be happy if Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man were all playable, as "the leak" suggests?

• Yes, I would be pretty happy.

Votes: 59 55.7%
  • No, I would pretty upset.

Votes: 47 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Little Mac...100%
Mii...makes sense, but now that I have seen Villager and WFT,I do not want Mii.
Pacman would be awesome, but only if he keeps his Pac-Man World design. The new TV show one is bad.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I've always kinda hated Pac-Man, I'd want a LOT of third party characters before him, and the character overall just doesn't appeal to me. I'd be somewhat okay with him if he's done VERY well.
This conveys how I feel about Pac-Man 100%. Like verbatim. In my case "very well" would mean a perfect blend of the 3d Pac-Man and classic Pac-Man character, worlds, etc.

As for the other two, I'm indifferent to mii, but I'm not a very big Little Mac fan either - I never really saw his appeal. So my initial impression of the leak was "No, I don't want that second half to be true". But seeing as Megaman has already made it, if they can be worked into fun characters, with creative playability then I can deal with it. :cool:

Groose

Smash Champion
The poll kind of exploded since I last logged in; it's staying about 50/50, which is about what I expected. I did expect it to be slightly on the negative side. Although it was at first, things are evening out.

I guess this poll has another day or so in the limelight. When it starts to die off, I'll do a full analysis.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
No. I'm fine with Little Mac, but I really don't want Pac-Man or Miis in this game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Little Mac: Awesome addition; would love to have him on board.

Mii: Seems inevitable so I genuinely don't care.

Pac-Man: I can think of at least 4 or 5 third party characters I'd prefer to get in first but I get the feeling that he's pretty much at the front of the line when it comes to the next third party addition. I don't like the character himself but I'd just have to lump it if he got in.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with Pac-Man and Little Mac, but not the Mii. :glare:
If the Mii got in I would beat the crap out of it in Training Mode!

Groose

Smash Champion
Heh, four negative votes in a row and we're back to a slight "no." I better go and grab some popcorn.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This is one of those polls that just goes from one side to another than the usual one sided ones. I guess people just have mixed opinions regarding this rumored "leak".

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'd like it to be true since it has two characters i really want. (Pac-Man and Little Mac) HOWEVER, that doesn't mean i'll believe in it.

D

Deleted member

I'd like it to be true since it has two characters i really want. (Pac-Man and Little Mac) HOWEVER, that doesn't mean i'll believe in it.
I don't believe in any sort of leak until I see something like it myself. (which will never happen unless I am working on the game)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Uh, Mii seems less likely thanks to Villager. I mean another customizable character who would use a bunch of random items? Seems dumb. That's my least favorite part of the leak.

The other two characters I am totally behind.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I would be happy because of Little Mac and Pacman, Mii not so much. So I did choose the "I would be happy" option because I like two out of three characters in it.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Maybe...
Only if the mii was Nikki or Reggie and used stuff from the new Streetpass Mii Plaza games though.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yea, I never look at the arcade cabinets like some rube. I prefer to just walk to each one and look at the screen to know what the game is.
I actually can't tell if this is sarcastic or not...

so anyways, I voted NO.

pac-man is ugly and generic, and Miis are at like 40%.

Pac man is literally my most hated character though, like NEGATIVE 999%

I like lil mac though.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I like all 3 so bring them on. But I wish Bomberman was in the cards. Watching the blue bomber go toe to toe with the blue blur and white bomber would be a treat.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
pac-man is ugly and generic, and Miis are at like 40%.

Pac man is literally my most hated character though, like NEGATIVE 999%

I like lil mac though.
This is basically my opinion as well. HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind Miis being in if you could import your own and have, say, Kim Jong Il, Billy Mays, Freddy Mercury and Michael Jackson fight. Or if it was actually Mii from Project X Zone.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm fine with all three. They all deserve to be in smash.

Little Mac is was a hit franchise.

Mii is a representive of the nintendo of now with Nintendo Land

and Pac-Man is one of the best legends of gaming.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I'd be upset if all 6 out of 6 are true more than only 5 or 4 out of 6 are true, 5 or less will make it false in an instant, and that I'll be happy with. I think it's matter to whether is there one or two you do not like you can call it upset and get away with character(s) you want to be true.

Little Mac for me but please no Pacman, so upset for me.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd actually like the Miis, Pac-Man and Little Mac to be in.

-Little Mac because Punch-Out!! is a deserving series and he can be an original fighter.
-Miis because they can be customizable and represent both systems well.
-Pac-Man because he's an iconic video-game character, probably the most iconic yet to not get in.

Of course, there are other characters I'd like to see before Pac-Man (Geno, Lloyd Irving, Bomberman) get in, but I'm perfectly fine with him getting in.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I honestly don't understand all the Pac-Man hate. He's one of the biggest gaming icons in history, along with Mario. Honestly, if Pac-Man weren't created, who knows where video games would be today. He's honestly that important. Not to mention he's been in not one, not two, but 3 Mario Kart games?!? He's been a bit more Nintendo in the last bunch of years. This would be a huge opportunity missed.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Honestly, I don't give a **** and don't really care for either of the three. I mean, if it happens, great, I'll suck it up. If it doesn't, even more horrah.

When it comes to Pac-Man, almost any Tales Of protagonist that has appeared on a Nintendo Console is more interesting. With Luke Fon Fabre you've got a double sword wielder. Who doesn't want that?

Little Mac... eh. Just about every other solo series could provide a more interesting moveset. Same with Mii plus the entire argument I said earlier.

If it happens still, Pac-Man will be probably fun to play as, and at least Mii and Little Mac will have a sort of interesting moveset, but eh...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm fine with Little Mac but not the other two. Mainly because I don't like the idea of fighting people online with unmentionables all over thier mii faces. Also personally the real pac man is the arcade one, I don't feel his legged version is what he's really about.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Pac-Man is boring. I even made sure to check the pac-man thread on here, and nope, no really interesting moves. Hopefully Sakurai sticks to his ideals of uniqueness being mandatory for entry and bars Pac-Man.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yes, mostly for little mac cause he is my most wanted character.

Little Mac: Awesome!!!
Mii: it's gonna happen, i'm expecting it anyway so no feelings here.
Pac-Man: not on the top of my 3rd party choices, even after megaman, however a more deserving video game icon is hard to argue over Pac-Man.

my 2 cents on the leak.

it's almost certainly true. Wii Fit Trainer is tough to guess...tough doesn't do it justice nearly IMPOSSIBLE to guess and along with other characters that were also true: villager/megaman. one of which (villager) was deemed to NOT be possible last time so many had lost hope in getting him. Getting the exact "names" wrong (animal crossing guy might have been just to specify WHO they were leaking anyway) or the date of their reveal (at e3) wrong doesn't mean whoever got this info didn't just SEE them in the game behind the scenes at E3 and leak it, it's the most likely way it got leaked and explains why they assumed they'd all be revealed AND why he'd simply explain who the character was (animal crossing guy) instead of the "official" name.

also do keep in mind if someone had leaked: little mac, mii, and pac-man it would look like a "safe" leak:

little-mac: most likely nintendo newcomer, new game post brawl,was an assist trophy etc...
mii: nintendo puts these guys in EVERYTHING
pac-man: we know namco is working on the game so it was already a likely possibility.

now take that leak and match it up against: villager, wii fit trainer, megaman

villager: sakurai already said he's too "peaceful" for smash.
wii fit trainer: nope. leak fake. why would you say this!??!!!?!?!
megaman: likely but no proof capcom is working on the game at all.

basically what I'm saying is that the part of the leak we know to be true was the UNLIKELY half. I'm assuming the leaks true and have been since i heard it, happy about mac, villager and meagaman; indifferent to mii and pacman. not so happy with wii fit trainer taking a spot but eh' if she is our "weird" character this time it coulda been worse i guess.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the leak made public after the reveal, and we're supposed to take a guy's word for it because he was famous on a forum?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the leak made public after the reveal, and we're supposed to take a guy's word for it because he was famous on a forum?
The original post was posted a day before the unveil trailer on NeoGAF. He decided to post it as a "guess" rather than calling it a legit leak, since he had gained the info from an anonymous reader of his blog/news-site and he wasn't too sure on its validity. After that he made an article on his website about it.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
I wouldn't like it. Miis are just a cop out and Pac Man wouldn't work well with the Smash world. Little Mac is fine though.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I would HATE to see the Miis be playable in SSB4. I like them, but I just don't want to see them. The point of the Mii is you playing as yourself in a video game and I guess an idea would spark to make the movesets be customizable. If we can customize our own movesets to our liking as well as sizes and such, it would cause imbalances. With that being said, they could use material from other games, but that would take away from the Miis as a whole as it should be you controlling yourself and not you controlling a Mii that looks like you. Also, if Miis are acceptable online, then I would HATE to see Hitlers and such...

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I wouldn't like it. Miis are just a cop out and Pac Man wouldn't work well with the Smash world. Little Mac is fine though.

How can you say he wouldn't work well with the Smash World?

He's been in three Mario Kart titles. He's raced against Mario, Bowser, DK, Peach, Yoshi, Luigi, and Wario, and for multiple titles too. He fits in seamlessly. Plus, Smash has slowly allowed a few non-Nintendo icons to breach the game. Leaving out Pac-Man would feel so wrong. People cannot fathom a moveset for him, but honestly, he's got so many potential moves, history, and iconic qualities about him, I would be sad if he WASN'T in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom