• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you like "the leak" to be true?

Would you be happy if Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man were all playable, as "the leak" suggests?

• Yes, I would be pretty happy.

Votes: 59 55.7%
  • No, I would pretty upset.

Votes: 47 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I REALLY want both Little Mac and Pac-Man. Mac is one of the last few true Nintendo icons to not be represented, and Pac-Man is (in my opinion) the next logical third party choice after Sonic and Mega Man. Mii, I'm mostly indifferent to. I think Wii Fit Trainer kind of covers that ground, but it's not like I'll boycott the game or anything if Mii gets in. Just give me Mac and Pac.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Little Mac or not, I dislike PacMan and especially the Mii with a burning passion. So no.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I genuinely want Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man to be playable in Smash. I actually like the characters and their games.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Here's the thing.

I love Little Mac. Would do almost anything to have him aboard.
But I just don't like the idea of Miis as playable characters... I had enough "nameless customizeable avatar character" with Villager.
And I'm kind of indifferent about Pac Man to be honest.

But for the sake of Little Mac? Sure, I wouldn't mind if this rumor was true. At least I'M getting a favorite, and I'm sure Mii and Pacman is bound to make someone happy as well.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
I'm good with it. I'm definitely for Little Mac. Mii and Pac Man I like well enough, and I'm sure most would warm up to them if they were handled well.

D

Deleted member

I support Little Mac and Mii, but I figure they're likely to get in anyway regardless of the leak.

I voted no because of ugh... Pac-Man. Too bad that stupid leak is true.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yes, too bad there's no way it could be false.
There's not really any good counters towards it, best one is that half of the leaked list was true and the other half was false, and that's really grasping at straws. No way it was a lucky guess.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I voted that I would be pretty happy, but only because I know that I'll be pretty happy when any kind of news for this game is announced. As I've said before, I don't have any strong feelings about newcomers in general.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Little Mac and Pac-Man are my most wanted newcomers. I'd be okay with Mii's if they're done correctly.

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
I'm okay with Little Mac and I can see the potential of a well executed Mii.

I voted "No" though, because I don't want Pac-Man in Smash.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
There's not really any good counters towards it, best one is that half of the leaked list was true and the other half was false, and that's really grasping at straws. No way it was a lucky guess.
In what way was it grasping at straws? Half is incorrect.

My main issue with this is that it was posted a ****ing day before the reveal. Which means there wasn't enough time for the rumor to circulate before the announcement. I've yet to see a single person say they saw that post before the reveal. Since it was only posted a day before there's a fairly large chance no saw the post until after the announcement (because who is looking for SSB4 rumors the day of the SSB4 Nintendo direct? No one.) and they edited that post directly after/during. It was probably someone at E3 who got the news slightly before everyone else.

Or, even if it wasn't an edited post from after the direct it was by someone working at E3 who got wind of some SSB4 rumors the day before (some of which turned out to be true).

Of course, I'm fine with this being real. I like 2 out of 3 characters and the other one I can live with, but I still don't buy it. If this was posted a week before, it would make some ****ing sense.

Furthermore, if everything does pan out to be true (minus them whole revealed at E3 thing, of course) that still in no way irrevocably proves this guy knew what he was talking about. He could just have been lucky. There is essentially no way to prove this guy's credibility.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little indifferent with this...

Little Mac, I really want in. I will be pretty sad if he doesn't make it...but he's going to, so no big deal.

Miis, while I'm not openly debating about their worthiness, or anything radical like that, I do believe have earned a spot on the roster. I trust Sakurai to execute a Mii that doesn't revolve around "Play as yourself!!!!!", so much as "These guys are the face of the Wii. Because they are so versatile in appearance, their stats are straight across the board".

Pac Man.......don't get me wrong, I like Pac Man, just...not much. I haven't played a Pac Man game since...Pac Man. I could argue the whole "He's not a Nintendo character" argument, but he's more of a Nintendo character than Snake. And Snake was actually in Super Smash Bros. I suppose I'd prefer that an actual Nintendo character get in over a character whose appearance isn't so easily associated with Nintendo, as Mega Man is, but I would get over it very quickly, so long as they execute his moveset uniquely.

All in all, it could be worse- I'd rather see six brand-spankin new franchises than a rehash of what we've already seen before.

NinjaNomad196

Smash Cadet
NNID
NinjaNomad196
3DS FC
2766-8063-0156
Can someone explain how to make one of those signatures with the characters? Is there a template somewhere? I'm new (from GameFAQs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom