• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you accept a three-month delay for your favorite character?

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Hypothetically speaking, if this were to happen, I'd totally wait; however, like someone above has said, an online game could potentially mean online updates.

The smarter decision would be to release the game on time, and then periodically release new content via online.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
hmm surre but what char....hmmm.... mario from ssb..err nvm ....

on second thought no, theres not really any char i want other then Megaman and whos to say 100% that he wont be in it anyways....and i wouldnt wait 3 months for him ill just get brawl and wait for ssb4 (Riot (not real title obviously just making a bad joke)) and hope he is in that one >_>

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .Only for someone like Marina. I see Midna and Krystal as having great likely hood of getting in. . . Marina is a "I hope she gets in but I would completely understand if she didn't" character.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
A three month delay for Megaman or Isaac or even Bomberman? Sure. At least one of those three NEED to be in this game for it to even attempt to be perfect as far as I'm concerned. Besides May 10 = Summer Vacation and Feburary 10 = a few weeks away from Spring Break. And we all know Summer Vacation > Spring Break.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
For someone like Sora or Kefka? (I would include Claus in here but i'm really sure hes gonna make it in) Of course I could wait.

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
For any of the characters in my sig, yes (Lucario maybe a bit more because of his low chances, and I don't really like Claus as much as Lucario). Maybe Cel Shaded Young Link IF they included a Great Sea stage where you battle on Tetra's ship.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Definitely... not. lol.

I guess my fav character would be... Chrono or Serge. And well, I wouldn't want to wait longer for them to be in. I'd just say, hey, hopefully SquareEnix will make a more-expansive fighting game besides Dissidia.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I would accept any delay, if it means my favorite characters will be on.

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
hehe mine are confirmed (Sonic & Pit) im still hoping for luigi but lets face it, how the hell can they make a smash game without him?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Only for Mega Man AND Simon Belmont. (imho the 2 most deserving 3rd party characters.)

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Honestly 3 months seems a bit much for any character. If the final roster is awesome as is no need to mess with it.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
No, i wouldnt, i would love to see Crono in Brawl, but even tough a lot of people would agree with me, theres also a ton of people who would want the game already, so it wouldnt be fair. i mean, i wouldnt like that if someone else could do this, i would have to wait 3 more months for a character that i dont even like, let alone waiting for a fanboy character like cloud, i would hate that!

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
I got Sonic, and soontobe Lucario, so I'm fine.

But yeah, if somehow Lucario DIDN'T APPEAR, I don't think I could wait. I love him and all, but we'd either stop getting updates, or get... disappointing ones.
i dont get it... whats so great about lucario... why does everyone want him in... lolbandwagon? i think lucario can be classified as a "legolas"...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'd most definitely wait the three extra months if Olimar was confirmed!

LordNannyKnuckles

Smash Rookie
No. I'm sorry, enough is enough. Brawl has been delayed too much. It's not like there is going to be no more Super Smash games. =w=

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
i dont get it... whats so great about lucario... why does everyone want him in... lolbandwagon? i think lucario can be classified as a "legolas"...
That's true. one movie, and the extreme, extreme, hype that reminds us of when Disney gives us ANOTHER DVD with "Bonus Features", the hype on Lucario was great enough to assume he was a legendary, but he is just another brick in the wall, and not that much above average for a pokemon, but not above my favorite pokemon, Slowbro. Slowbro and Walrein are just too perfect. if it was my choice, SLOWBRO FOR BRAWL!!! because he's bipedal

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
I would if the three-month delay was only for me or those who wanted K. Rool.

However, it would be unbelievably selfish to postpone the game for everyone just so my favorite character gets in. So overall, I would say no.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
There's no character in particular that I want but i'll answer anyway. If it was just me personally, i'd wait. I'm going to get the game sooner or later so when I do it might as well have the person I want when it comes out.

If it applied for everyone then I wouldn't be selfish. Just release it early.

courte

Smash Lord
i dont think anyone really has just one character but if it was just one i liked but was originally doomed... hells yea

i'd hope for that a new char and at download a month or every few months a bundle... but then again...

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I would have to see the moveset first. I'd be hella pissed if I waited and I didn't like the way the character was designed. It'd be the Masked Man, BTW, but I think he has a 50% already. Mother's gotta get 2 reps sometime, right?

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I already said I'd axe the Subspace Emissary for Skull Kid, so a three-month wait means nothing to me. Nothing. Bring in the Skull Kid.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
A better question is, who would give Sakurai sexual favors for an advance copy of Brawl?

Top Bottom