• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you accept a three-month delay for your favorite character?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Okay, picture your most anticipated character that hasn't been confirmed yet, and Sakurai comes along and tells you this:

"Your character fits all the requirements needed for being in Brawl, and we can come with a moveset. However, the only way for him/her to be in the game is for it to be delayed three more months, meaning a May 10 release. You have the choice of getting your dream character or getting the game earlier. Your call."

What would you do?

Me? I'll do it. For any of the characters in my sig, I can wait three more months.

Sariku

Smash Master
I got Sonic, and soontobe Lucario, so I'm fine.

But yeah, if somehow Lucario DIDN'T APPEAR, I don't think I could wait. I love him and all, but we'd either stop getting updates, or get... disappointing ones.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
YES! I say the wait is worth it but to not be selfish, perfect the game even more, if possible.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Hmm, I'd do it, but only because I know my character would be worth it for everyone else forced to wait too. That character is Ryu Hayabusa.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If Geno or K. Rool wasn't announced by then I would wait cuz I truly feel they deserve being in the game and also as long as we get a Forest Maze stage or a Gang Plank Galleon stage too.:chuckle:

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Probably not. What if my dream character is a disappointment?

In any case, I'm pretty satisfied with what I already see but that's just me.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
i take back what I said, no one is worth a "3" month delay, now if it was 1-1 1/2 then maybe.. but not 3.

well... sora.. idk.. ahh!! no more delays!

finalark

SNORLAX
If Tony Jones, which is the most obscure character in existence (seriously) would be in but I would have to wait anther three months, I would probably flip a coin.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I can't imagine a three-month delay being needed for Marth to make it into Brawl, considering they have the Melee work to base him off of. With Sonic already in and Marth an easy-to-add shoe-in, anyone else I couldn't see doing that for, so I'd say no.

Zevox

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
I would accept a delay for almost any character. I feel that the more included, the better, and it couldn't hurt to extend the replay value of the game.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For Megaman or Young Link revamped into cel-shaded Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link or none of them at all-I would wait until 2020. I got time, Melee, smash 64, and the Dojo on my side, at least. :laugh:

Weekly updates for over 12 more years=poor Sakurai! :laugh:

BigTru

Smash Rookie
Hell yes. Majora's Mask Young Link, with mask changing abilities (turn into Zora, Goron, or Deku Scrub, all with their own moveset) AND have Fierce Diety Link as the Final Smash

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
only for two characters.
megaman (X version, classic if I couldnt have X) or Ray01 (BR version) I have very specific tastes in my forms. this is however if these two wouldnt get in any other way.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Nah, I don't think any one single character is worth another delay.

But if there were three new characters added, I might consider it.

FYI, S(u)kapon would be the one I chose, with Sigurd and Lip added in to justify the delay. What can I say? I love the Japan-only characters.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Each character I list comes with a timecount of how long I'd be willing to wait to get them as playable (and good):

Mia, Matthew (Fire Emblem x2 - 2 years)
Weavile, Rock Man (Pokemon, Rock Man - 1 year)
Lucario, Other Swordmaster, Black Knight (Pokemon, Fire Emblem x2 - 6 months)
Lip, Vaati, Mist (Panel de Pon, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem - 5 months)
Krystal, Ridley, Isaac, Nephenee, Dixie Kong or Tiny Kong (Star Fox, Metroid, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong x2 - 3 months)

Then again, I'm a crazy fanboy, I doubt anyone else would wait 2 years...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
For Megaman or Young Link revamped into cel-shaded Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link or none of them at all-I would wait until 2020. I got time, Melee, smash 64, and the Dojo on my side, at least. :laugh:

Weekly updates for over 12 more years=poor Sakurai! :laugh:
QFT on the mega man part. Smash 64 can hold me over for a long time:).....and it has:)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I would wait a month for one of the characters in my sig... but 3 months is kinda long.

I would wait 3 months for multiple characters. And honestly, I don't think just adding a character would take that long. Considering all the foundation for the game is already done (physics and such), adding in characters would mainly be a matter of creating the appearance, coming up with a moveset, and then balancing the moveset.

I'm not sure how long that takes, but given that Sakurai has a large team, it can't be 3 months. It's the balancing that probably takes the longest time, I would imagine, since you have to get some practice with the character before you can figure out if certain things are horrible/too awesome.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I would wait for those characters:
Ashley
Vivian
Lip
K.K. Slider

____

If they aren't playable:
Claus
K.Rool
Captain Olimar

That would mean that Brawl will be delayed for 21 months :laugh:

If I could take only one character...........
it would be K.K. Slider.

I love this guy so much.

Maggirus

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i'd do it, but only if OTHER characters were announced with it.

i mean come on, olimar IS who i want the most, but i would definately demand midna,krystal, and k rool to be in, too

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
For only a character, i Think that pious augustus... with a ED stage ...

Also, if they add Sami, Alexandra Roivas, Ridley, Wolf and Majoras Mask Link, i would wait for another 3 months....

for the balancing issue... i think that now that smash bross is a online game, it could have downloadable updates to balance the characters, just like a lot of others online games do, like starcraft, warcraft, etc...

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
NO. Simply, no. The roster is going to be pretty good already.

A 3 month wait for one character would be ridiculous, I don't care to wait my entire life. Been waiting for next-gen games enough as is.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I probably wouldn't wait 3 months for any one character.

My most wanted is Lucario, but I wouldn't be totally crushed if he wasn't in. PT, Ike, Pit, etc. will keep me plenty entertained.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't do it, someone would find out that the 3-month delay was my fault and I would be killed before the game came out.
:laugh: i must agree although for Geno, Chrono, and a forest maze stage i would wait and go hide for three months so i dont get killed :chuckle:

Top Bottom