• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

would like help to slide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
Hello

i'v been useing shiek for some time and i would like to know how to increas the slide that she can do as she's about to attact... plz could some one tell me how to do this??

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
dus any one can tell me how to slide into a attact... coz that's the only thing i would wish to lone...

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
like... you there runing and you can slide into a up smash?? or when she run's and dus a hhif grab... how do i do them??

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think he means DACUS. Please learn how to read and write before posting in a video game forum.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Dang dude ^^^^ so blunt O_O. He must mean DACUS. It stands for Dash Attack Cancel Up Smash, and you can find it using the search feature, or maybe even in the Shiek guide.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
well yer what ever it is called can any one help me coz sheik and capten F can do it but i would like to know how to do it

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
......same thing happened to me when I first came:( (its AiB's fault) but who all uses R to DACUS with shiek. I find it to hard to do with ^Z. Also, why is it easier?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
It's an obnoxiously difficult AT. :(
I can help you with it if you're having trouble. It just takes some practice.

First, what controller configuration do you use? Second, what usually happens when you try to DACUS?--running U-smash, d-smash, f-smash, d-air, etc...

I don't want to hijack this thread more than i have so message me details and I'll fix your timing.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
well beside that how can you slide from hlfe fild to the edge... for example batter filed... you're dushing fron one side... stop's to slide and do a smashe like up smash??

how dus that work

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
AAAaaattchooo!

Sorry Im allergic to bull****.

Seriously, If what you're asking is information on DACUS, then check the sticky. Running U Smash is running then doing an U Smash. Is this what you were asking? We can't help if we don't know what you're asking.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
okay well thanx for trying to help ^-^

coz i just figed it out by my self... sorry for asking a stuped question...

welll take care c ya's latter...

and thanx a gen...

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
okay well thanx for trying to help ^-^

coz i just figed it out by my self... sorry for asking a stuped question...

welll take care c ya's latter...

and thanx a gen...
yeah jus dash, press down on cstick with thumb while pressing up+A smash pretty much the exact frame after you hit the cstick.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
In that case, you'll probably never be able to DACUS with sheik.

You're either going to have to hope that you gain unheardof reaction times and movements with your fingers.

or...

figure out a different controller scheme that works

or...

get over your mental bias that you think a control for the game that was implemented by the creators to be used is cheap.

Take your pick.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
lol i never use the c stick
i find it to be cheat... thats why i ask...
Your game is stunted if you don't take full advantage of the controls available to you... By the way, using the c-stick in this case produces your dash attack, not a smash. (Thats what you press up+A for.. to cancel that dash attack you made with the c-stick into an UpSmash

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
yer but i like takeing the hard way and geting the timeing so i can do it with out any haztashion... or somethink a long the line's...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
"I like making myself do worse so I can brag about how I'm doing it intentionally."

-Mars-

Smash Hero
lol i never use the c stick
i find it to be cheat... thats why i ask...
All the pros and tournament players use the cstick. If you don't then your not taking full advantage of your options.

This isn't the beginning stages of Melee.........everyone csticks now.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
lol okay i'll start useing it but i find that the c stick dont give the usere the timeing to use... it could just be me but yer...

demodemo

Smash Ace
lol what

do you mean charging smashes?

charged smashes are very rarely of ANY use, while a quick downsmash like sheik's is most effective uncharged.

honestly, just use the cstick. if you fsmash with dstick+a you can trip, so why risk it at all, if you can just hit the cstick?

how old are you?

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
i'm 16 but i can do almost everythink with Sheik... but i still find the cstick to b cheat... and it may be faster but then he player dont get the timeing for there self...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i'm 16 but i can do almost everythink with Sheik... but i still find the cstick to b cheat... and it may be faster but then he player dont get the timeing for there self...
If you think the cstick is cheating I shudder to think what your opinion of the ftilt lock is.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom