• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

would a boxing like ppv tournament work?

Charoo

Smash Champion
Hey

We always have the standard tournament ever since smash came out for a while. Doubles, singles, and crews bracket elimination till we get a winner. Then, during the tournament, we would get a hype for a certain match up to occur. Such as Darkrain vs SS for melee or M2K vs Ally for brawl. One happened and the other didn't at Genesis.

Well, what if we have some sort of a main event/ppv style tournament along with the standard tournament we have. Besides having the usual pools then bracket for singles and doubles, we can also have a series of hype matches to be play as a main event. It can have low tier, singles, doubles, ffa, and crews. Something like this:

note: I'm just taking name from the Genesis tourney by result. So don't be sad if u're not on it

PPV Tournament

Low Tier
Reflex vs FOW

Fatal 4 Way
DEHF vs ADHD vs Judge vs Ultimate Razer

Crew Battle
East vs West

Tag Team
Dojo + UTD Zac vs MikeHaze + Havok

Singles: Main Event
Ally vs M2K

As you can see, a very limited amount of people can attend but it also guarantees that the hype matches will be play out at the tournament. To set up these matches itself might be hard because you have to decide who should be the main events but you get the idea.

I think it could be pretty interesting and should be implemented into tournament if the time is allow. You can make a certain match up play at the event for half time or between pools to bracket phase or something too.

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
SS vs Darkrain didn't happen because they didn't want to play one another.... Not because of time constraints or not enough setups.
SS was playing friendlies during Mango/Armada

As for your actual idea (which I see no concrete reasoning behind other then seeing falcon dittoes)
The most direct way for that to happen would be having MLG pick it up again.

Otherwise, it seemed like people got to play one another at genesis

defsithe

Smash Ace
south vs east>>>>>east vs west

south was stacked at genesis.

anyways y would someone wanna see FFA? i think that there should be certain setups to send the more hyped matches, setups with a big tv/split with projector and recording capabilities for the rest of us. the tournies recently have done a pretty decent job with this.

and all recorded vids should have HMW commentating cuz its just too funny.

Top Bottom