• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worthy of Bottom Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
We all know how Pichu is known to be the pathetic, lightweight, self-damaging, overall worse clone of Pikachu. However, some Pichu players beg to differ. What do you think? Does he deserve bottom tier?

Anther

Smash Champion
If any character was worthy of bottom-tier, it's Pichu. Specially with Low-Tier pikachu. Pika without a spike, thunderflip, range, and a bad recovery o.X.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
We all know how Pichu is known to be the pathetic, lightweight, self-damaging, overall worse clone of Pikachu. However, some Pichu players beg to differ. What do you think? Does he deserve bottom tier?
Name one Pichu player who doesn't think he's bottom tier.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Pichu is one of, if not the worst, characters in the game....

I only think Kirby is worse because at least Pichu has speed, recovery and a decent killing move, while Kirby has...............nothing...............

Redragon

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
lol, you're comparing Pichu's recovery to Kirby's? At least Kirby doesn't hurt himself every time he has to get back. Kirby is worse for other reasons.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
lol, you're comparing Pichu's recovery to Kirby's? At least Kirby doesn't hurt himself every time he has to get back. Kirby is worse for other reasons.
Pichu has one of the top 8 recovery's in the game dude :laugh:
Its quick, unpredictable, and has little landing lag
I know Kirby is worse for other reasons and i did not name any, i just named some reasons why Pichu overall is a better character :laugh:

Redragon

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Pichu's recovery, quick? He looks pretty slow to me. : \
Hmmm well maybe you see things different cause its pretty darn quick...
There was a recovery tier list a while back and i think it went like this:
Jigglypuff
Peach
Mewtwo
Samus
Pichu
Pikachu

^^^I think Samus is too low but whatever, my point is to show you that Pichus recovery is VERY good overall!!!

Redragon

Anther

Smash Champion
Pichu's recovery is pretty bad and isn't that unpredictable XD...he's either sweetspotting or going over.. and if he's ever hit back off the stage... just because of recovery 10 damage is already added on... and if anyone thinks Pichu's recovery is better than Pikachu's they're quite ... wrong o_O.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Pichu's recovery is pretty bad and isn't that unpredictable XD...he's either sweetspotting or going over.. and if he's ever hit back off the stage... just because of recovery 10 damage is already added on... and if anyone thinks Pichu's recovery is better than Pikachu's they're quite ... wrong o_O.
Pichus recovery is not bad :laugh::laugh::laugh:
He has his side B for recovery and his up-b which has different angles and is pretty quick overall, plus cant Pichus up-b climb the walls.
Sorry Anther, Pichus recovery is in the top 8 for sure...

Redragon

Smash Journeyman
If you think Pichu's recovery is quick, you must've only played against Pikachus in slow-mo Melee, or something. I can see every bit of movement for Pichu. Pikachu is a LOT faster.

Why the hell is Pikachu lower tier in recovery than Pichu?

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
dont call me a fool for this cause i really am not 100% sure but i think theses are the reasons they put Pichu over Pikachu:
Pichu has more angles and can use the same angle or something
Pichu recovery can climb the wall

Anther

Smash Champion
It does sound good on paper. But serious Pichu is a lot easier to exploit due to the fact that his recovery takes quite a bit more time to reach the edge as opposed to Pikachu. Plus when sweetspotting at a downward angle, Pichu's vulnerable for longer, and has lot less reach to instant grip the edge... which unfortunately leads to more SD's when attempting to sweetspot with Pichu (Which can be negated with practice). Which is also made worse with the extra angles because you have more chance of misdirecting the direction. And I consider myself pretty good at sweetspotting with both characters, and I SD with pichu a lot more than .. he should be SDing.

Climbing the wall is predictable and leaves you a bit vulnerable because most likely you're gonna peek over the edge.
Plus I've never seen someone consistently same angle recover with Pichu o,O...
Those 2 reasons are moot.

Granted, Pichu has a quite an advantage over Pikachu when landing on the stage... but I don't think its enough to warrant his recovery being more unpredictable or better.

They put Pichu higher because they're speaking on theorycraft.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Well ether way Pichu has more options, even if they are harder master, there are still more.
The only thing Pika has for him is speed, and its not that much faster, while Pichu has more angles and climbing the walls, not to mention that pichu is a smaller character.

Oh oh oh i forgot!!! Pikachu has more landing lag after his up-b!!! Thats a big one!

Redragon

Smash Journeyman
Uh, Pikachu's is much, MUCH faster. Your eyes must be slow or something, but Pichu's recovery is far too easy to follow.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
The fact of the matter is that SOMEONE has to be on the bottom. As good as you CAN get with pichu, there's no sayign that he's a worse character than almost all of melee's roster. Someone's gotta be on the bottom. PIchu fits that bill.

Jose SD 27

Smash Rookie
Pichu is a very very good character, you can juggle space animals like no other with very low damage, is just that pichu is very subestimated. Has very powerful attacks in relation to his size.

Most of the people complain that Pichu hurt himself but the important attacks don't make damage.

Anther

Smash Champion
That is horrible Propaganda Jose XD.
and his F-smash is a very powerful attack in relation to his size.

Pichu in my opinion is the worst character in the game... he can't be a very very good character XD. Bowser and Mewtwo have more going for them than pichu and he even has speed. Unfortunately even with his amazing speed.. without range, weight, or priority to back it up... Pichu lends himself to not having any favorable matchups o.O...

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I just tested the recoverys out and man pichus is better for sure.
The landing lag of Pika really buged me and he could not climb the walls which lets projectiles hit easy....
Sure Pichus was slower, but still overall better!!!

Redragon

Anther

Smash Champion
those level 9 computers sure are good at stopping recoveries.
lol I really dislike how you're approaching this recovery argument =P.

Man... if you land right above the stage Pika has nil landing lag, and there's minimal reason to climb walls, neglecting the fact that he can climb every neutral stage vertically minus FD, which he should have no trouble sweetspotting the edge sans a character holding it.

But you know what, Pichu's recovery is much better than Pikachus =).
There's no arguing it, the fact that it has no chance of ever clanking another characters attack to cancel out even Falco's own overB from spiking him, or going through other characters edge guard attempts simply because it doesn't have attack properties doesn't matter in the sheer betterness of Pichu's comeback ability =/.

Man, I also just tested out Pichu's Foward Smash, and goodness gracious, 500 times better than Pikachus. Its knockback is unparalleled! I just killed the comp Sheik at 60% on FoD while Pika's took like 90 (wtf!!). The fact that it doesn't have range to semi-counteract its start-up time doesn't matter because once you land it, range doesn't matter!, Especially since Pichu's recovery gets him right behind the opponent, perfect for Smash attacks. In fact, I travel around the stage with Pichu's quick attack because its so much better, its like teleporting!

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't give a crap who said what about Pichu unless it is either me or NGCXX and both of us agree Pichu is a terrible character.
On the topic of recovery, yes, Pichu's recovery is better than both Kirby's and Pikachu. This is because Pichu has more options than Pikachu, being able to walljump and a longer smash+B, the damage is negligible because Pichu will die at low percentage anyway, a few percent damage doesn't sway the game when you get Up-Smashed by Fox.
There aren't too many characters with worse recover than Kirby, I'll just leave it at that.

However, Pichu will die a lot quicker than either Kirby or Pikachu, so recovery is pointless when you are knocked completely out of bounds at low percentage. That's why he has a good recovery.

There's a bazillion other reasons why Pichu is worse than the 2nd worst character in the game.

Here's my bottom tier list:

Play a better character: Anyone below Captain Falcon.
Really bad: Mewtwo
Terrible: Bowser
Unplayable: Kirby
Bottom of the garbage tier: Pichu

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
IN YOUR FACE!!!
Tommy has spoken and is on MY side.......:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
Score one for Redragon!

Redragon

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
IMO, Pichu is third or fourth worse(possibly tied with Bowser for third). Kirby has about ZERO potential, period and it's sad, seeing as he was so good in Smash 64. I'd say that he's worse than Mewtwo but the fact that Pichu is so hard to hit due to its size and speed makes Pichu a much more annoying match-up. I dunno. It's either/or for me between mewtwo and Pichu concerning who's worse but kirby is just garbage through and through.

Not to mention, Pichu can Usmash and Dsmash a Fully charged shot. How awesome is that?

Pichu's cuteness = GOD TIER.

Anther

Smash Champion
At the same time Tommy.. I feel Pika has more options simply due to the fact that his up+b isn't nearly as vulnerable... and if you take a look at Rudechu... Pika has some very varied recovery options and things from the ledge that would be ridiculous or dangerous for Pichu to take part in... dunno.. just think Pichu's worse getting back on the stage than Pika.

And after playing Taj's Mewtwo and playing some good Bowser players, I rally think Pichu's probably the worst off character XD... if not Kirby.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Pika's recovery is better. It shoots lighting out its ***! Whilst Pichu does some weird jump and hurts itself! Also, Pichu is a virgin as opposed to Pimpachu.

Pichu= Top Gay tier

Pika= Win tier

If any character was worthy of bottom-tier, it's Pichu. Specially with Low-Tier pikachu. Pika without a spike, thunderflip, range, and a bad recovery o.X.
Pika didn't have range to begin with. :laugh:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Go watch some videos of Taj, Gimpyfish, and t!mmy and you'll see why Pichu fails as a competitive character. Bottom tier for sure.
The recovery option is moot because Pichu can die under 50% whereas Pikachu is a lot heavier.

Pichu is a joke character.

End.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
i play as pichu and he does kinda suck, but i do last with him.
never won with him yet though, and i plan on becomin very good with him, i dont care what anyone says, ill make pihu the next shiek! XD.....
well maybe not that good but u know

mood4food77

Smash Hero
honostly, i feel true bottom tier is bowser and lower

and yes pichu is lower than mewtwo, he does better against fox, falco, sheik, and marth as mewtwo is better against peach

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Low Tier Tier List (Note DK and Pika have been moved out into Mid)

Luigi
Bowser/GnW (really close)
Link
Young Link
Yoshi

Bottom Tier
Pichu
Mewtwo
Kirby

When talking with other smashers thats what seems to get thrown around a lot

T0MMY

Smash Master
Low Tier Tier List (Note DK and Pika have been moved out into Mid)

Luigi
Bowser/GnW (really close)
Link
Young Link
Yoshi

Bottom Tier
Pichu
Mewtwo
Kirby

When talking with other smashers thats what seems to get thrown around a lot
When talking with 5 year olds, they agree with that list.
I, however, do not.

T0MMY

Smash Master
In my opinion it's worse to play mid-tiers because you can't play well in tournaments and you won't be able to play them in low-tier tourneys. Alas.
Pichu would have a good chance if there were such things as bottom-tier tourneys.

Corax

Smash Cadet
I have to agree, Pichu is by far one of the worst characters in Smash.
I don't see why people hate kirby so much, Kirbycides are priceless when you pull them off and his spike is useful as hell against Falcon and Ganon.
Pichu is fun and all to be, but once you play a character like marth, fox or falco then really try playing as pichu, you start to feel his limitations. XD After a while you resort to swearing at the little rat and threatening to surgically attach marth's sword to his head for more range.
>.> Oh and the Pichu push has become my favorite move as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom