• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst video game ever?

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
what about that game on the ps2 where your a fireman and you put out fires and run back in the building to go get a womans cell phone 0_o. i could understand a baby or something really important but a cell phone

FaTmAn2k20

Smash Journeyman
[color=sky_blue] I enjoyed Mischief Makers T_T The dodgeball game was genius.

Worst game? Taz-Mania for SNES. I think that could easily be the most repetitive game I have ever played, and I've played a lot of repetitive games. All you did was run down a path (or tornado down a path... or something like that) avoiding bumps, cars, and other obstacles. I might be off on some facts, seeing as I haven't played in like 7 years, but it was definitely a horrible game.[/color]

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
tertris was pretty boring. it was to simple. the only real challenge was when it got really fast and they wouldnt give you a piece you needed for a line.

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
MSRP: $0.02

Mario Paint was ground-breaking and far ahead of its time.

It may be boring to you if you're not the artistic type. I got a kick out of the animations and creating awesome drawings and such.

And Belmont. I understand you not liking puzzle games. It must be hard putting and rotating all those confusing shapes in the order they are supposed to be.

~My two cents.

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
Mario Paint occupied my time for hours when I was a little kid. I think it was a great little piece of software.

Son of Shade

Smash Cadet
Tetris is alright, I just wouldn't play it more than once every five years. I know someone who can play it for 5 hours straight, I lose interest in about 3 minutes.

Mario Paint was a kick *** game. Kept me busy for hours, It's just too bad you couldn't save anything you made. I remember drawing up some weird **** sometimes....:p

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Son of Shade, you could save stuff. The game had a "Save" and "Load" feature.

Mario Paint was a great game for what it did. Not many other games were like it. You could screw around with it for hours on end. And it used/came with the SNES mouse! That was cool in itself.

Edit: Lol @ superchenco, one of the first times I actually laughed while reading your posts.

Son of Shade

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Giygas
Son of Shade, you could save stuff. The game had a "Save" and "Load" feature.
Well actually I think my beef was only being able to save one picture at a time, since me and my bro both used the system and played this game. I never got to save anything :( .

Anyone here play Sim City 2000 for SNES? Now that game sucked! I think it literally took 3 minutes for a city to load. Why'd they even bother...

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
any game like the sims is whack anyway. i cant stand building things then managing them. you never get to DO anything.

and in arkanoid all you could do was bouncce a ball into things. :( but it was ok

Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Re: MSRP: $0.02

Originally posted by SuperChencho
Mario Paint was ground-breaking and far ahead of its time.

It may be boring to you if you're not the artistic type. I got a kick out of the animations and creating awesome drawings and such.

And Belmont. I understand you not liking puzzle games. It must be hard putting and rotating all those confusing shapes in the order they are supposed to be.

~My two cents.
Seem's like your saying I don't like this game becuase it's too challenging for me...it's not that it's just boring.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Belmont, you just haven't played the game long enough to understand the quality of Tetris. It's all about getting into the zone where messing up once isn't going to kill you. You find it boring because you're not good at the puzzle games, period. Maybe if you played it well enough (or maybe SuperChencho was right about puzzle games being too hard for you!). Perhaps you entered videogaming as one of the GTA fans, so I pity you. You'll never understand the greatness of games like Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Qbert, or Tetris.

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
Re: sonic messed up big time

Originally posted by Flame-megaman

sonic advance 1 for gba is the worst game because of dr eggman
I wonder if they stopped calling him "Eggman" to avoid accusations of some kind of discrimination against Russians.

I mean, "Robotnik" was very "OMG DOWN WTH TEH SOVIET ONION," or at least playing on that. Probably.

But personally, I think I'd rather have another cold war than have Sonic fighting "Dr. Eggman."

Anyone ever played "Harvey's Humongous Adventure"? SNES? God, that game was crap.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
They stoped calling him Dr. Robotnik because, in Sonic Adventure 2, there are two other Robotniks. Eggman was his name in the Japanese versions of the Sonic games, so they just changed it to that.

~ Azure...

Wait, wait... thats not the real end of my post, because... *looks at post count* OMG I R TEH SMOSH LORDF!!!1 YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!
YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Okay, I'm done now...

~ Azure

NukeA6

Smash Master
Belmont, if tetris is so bad, why is there so many different versions of it even being made now?

Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by NukeA6
Belmont, if tetris is so bad, why is there so many different versions of it even being made now?
Hmmmm let's see. THERE'S PEOPLE OTHER THAN ME THAT LIKE IT! There's plenty of crappy games being made still like tetris.

dejavu3k

Smash Lord
I know where you live....and you can't do anything
Ah, stop picking on him. Just cuz he doesn't like tetris, doesn't mean he's a bad person.

It just means he has a very short attention span.

Worst game ever...I don't know...the Mickey Mouse game. That was horrible. Winnie the Pooh as well. "I think we need to use that "BIG GLOWING STICK RIGHT NEXT TO POOH" to rescue you him" x 50. GOD!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Originally posted by dejavu3k
Ah, stop picking on him. Just cuz he doesn't like tetris, doesn't mean he's a bad person.

It just means he has a very short attention span.
OK I'll stop. I didn't think he was bad when he post that, though. I also do not like Tetris, in case anyone wanna know.

soroush123

Smash Lord
Well, I saw on Filter (show on G4 Tech TV) a countdown of the WORST games of all time. The "winner"? The Ledgend of Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon.

Solid Snake015

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by soroush123
Well, I saw on Filter (show on G4 Tech TV) a countdown of the WORST games of all time. The "winner"? The Ledgend of Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon.
Ugh. I dont trust ANY of those shows. They dont give reviews i really trust.

As for my opinion,Universal Studios Theme park adventure. Sure, some of the minigames were fun, but honestly, all i did after those was pick up trash. Really.

Another one was "Snake's Revenge" For the NES. It played more like contra than metal gear, the translation was GodAwful (Pity the fact the game was made in america and there were lines like "There is no trap on the train")And the fact that they tried to put in sidescrolling. god, the game was awful.

Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Raccoon87
Belmont, you just haven't played the game long enough to understand the quality of Tetris. It's all about getting into the zone where messing up once isn't going to kill you. You find it boring because you're not good at the puzzle games, period. Maybe if you played it well enough (or maybe SuperChencho was right about puzzle games being too hard for you!). Perhaps you entered videogaming as one of the GTA fans, so I pity you. You'll never understand the greatness of games like Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Qbert, or Tetris.
omg dude I just think it's boring, my opinion about that 1 game has nothing to do with gta, donkey kong, pacman, etc. if i entered video gaming as a gta fan as u say i wouldnt be playing ssbm all the time ^-^.and no i dont have a short attention span.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Maybe we should just let Belmont go. Not everyone likes Tetris. I don't.

i m ur father191

Smash Rookie
the worst game ive ever played in my life is Herdy Gerdy for ps2
that game gives disgrace to all games worldwide:mad:

soroush123

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Solid Snake015
Ugh. I dont trust ANY of those shows. They dont give reviews i really trust.

Well, it's actually an online vote, BTW: SSBM won best party game!

Night Strife

Banned via Administration
I'm amazed at your guys answeres. Veiwtful Joe and Jak ll. I gasp at you. VJ was ok but Jak ll blow me away. Anyways I thought teris was good for the first hour or so. I thought Hey you Pikachu was cool for the first 5 minutes. I knew this 6 year-old that had it. Me and my friend has a tiny bit of fun. I would say Pikachu do drugs. It cracked us up what he would do sometimes. He would shkae his head up and down and then run around in circles like he was high or something.

Well anyways I have to say
GC: Pokemon Channel:if you call that a game
PS2:That game when you were this fly and sucked blood. It was a two hour game and thats all you would do. Suck blood
X-box:hate system so much. Halo?(don't flame me plz)
PC:Barbie/winniePooh/lego:do you even have to ask
Ps1:land before time and above:same
GBA:ET thingy

anyways do any of you guys know Pepsi Man(PS1). You were this man that would run forward. and you had to jump over many random things. You're goal was to get to the pepsi machine. sad really but when I was a kid I loved it. don't know why though. Strange game, very strange game.

falcoX

Smash Champion
The Hall of Eternia, Exactly 10 miles west of the
in my humble opinion, the worst game ever was blast corps for n64. I only played 2 levels and they both sucked! One level you were in a train and the other u were driving a truck. I got the sense that it was a trucking sim but since i only played TWO levels of the game i could be extremely wrong. However, those 10 minutes were the worst i ever had when it comes to videogames

NukeA6

Smash Master
Kid Icarus said:
Ever play Bible Adventures for the NES?

You would think a game that lets you throw baby Moses into a river would be incredibly awesome, but when you can climb in mid air no matter where you are, that totally takes any enjoyment out of the game.

Climb in mid-air? Sounds like fun. :p

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know what the worst game ever is, no one does. However, it can certainly be none of these:

- Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
-Superman 64
-Drake of 99 Dragons
-Halo: Combat Evolved
-Shaq Fu
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-E.T. The Extra Terrestrial
-Action 52
-Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

NukeA6

Smash Master
Shy Guy said:
I don't know what the worst game ever is, no one does. However, it can certainly be none of these:

- Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
-Superman 64
-Drake of 99 Dragons
-Halo: Combat Evolved
-Shaq Fu
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-E.T. The Extra Terrestrial
-Action 52
-Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
You say none of the games above are the worst game ever. Well, why do I see ET and Superman 64?

Cyris_P

Smash Journeyman
I remember once playing a Barney Hide and Seek game that my lil sister rented, and this was definately the worst game I ever played. Of course it's centered around little kids, so it's not going to be advanced in the least, but as far as games that I would never want to play (again) go, this is the one.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Big Rigs is great. I love being able to drive perfectly over any landscape, going through buildings, and being able to go as fast as I want in reverse. I mean, you go like 100mph going forward... but in reverse you can go as fast as you want. I got to 8,000mph before but about then my ADD started kicking in and I went to play Conker.

super_nintendo

Smash Journeyman
The worst game ever was Pony Land for the Sega Genisis. It was originally my sisters but when I was 6 years old, I beat it in under an hour! And the ending is the gaiest, with ponies in a castle celebrating after i beat an evil witch. Whats up with thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!

Top Bottom