• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Stages?

FlourtownBrown

Smash Rookie
Other than the obvious (Wily Fortress), what stages did you not like. There were a couple of bad stages in brawl (hint hint mario circuit) and there's bound to be some here. List them!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What? Wily Castle is amazing.

The worst stage is Pac-Land. It looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Definitely Pac-Land.

Scrolling is too fast, the brutal screen changes aren't cool, there's no ledge snap, the retro graphics don't have the same charm as the 75m or Duck Hunt stage...

There's a lot of problems with this stage to be enjoyable.

Cha Cha San

Smash Cadet
Pac-Land.

I also dislike the ridley stage because he kills me when I'm doing crazy orders.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've only played the 3DS version so far and there aren't any stages that I have an outstanding problem with so far. Based on its goofy huge size, I'm probably going to loathe the Great Cave Offensive though.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Pac-land, Palutena's Temple, and 75m are the worst stages so far.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Lylat Cruise is still dumb as ever, and Jungle Hijinks is just plain awful. Flat Zone X and Orbital Gate Assault also leave a lot to be desired.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Pac-Land. Haven't even unlocked it yet, but I never really looked forward to it to begin with. I'd rather the Pac-Maze stage was shared between both versions instead.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
75m and Duck Hunt are the main ones for me. The others I don't mind as much simply because I'm a very laid-back person, but those two stages really bother me.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Lylat Cruise is still dumb as ever, and Jungle Hijinks is just plain awful. Flat Zone X and Orbital Gate Assault also leave a lot to be desired.
Thanks for reminding me of Orbital Gate Assault. Although, I don't really find much fault with Lylat Cruise though.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
75m, it was bad in brawl and it's still bad in smash 4, why they bring this stage back is beyond me.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
dont understand the hate for jungle hijinx , palu temple and great cave offensive...
but wily castle suck with the yellow devil and i really hate Pac-Land and ridley stage.

i really miss CORNERIA :(

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I must be the only one who (grew to) like Pac-Land :x

It's ugly to me, but something about its MS Paint look has a certain charm to it. It's better than Mushroomy Kingdom at least IMO. Still, I would've preferred Pac-Maze to be brought over instead. :p

Worst stage for me would be Flat Zone X due to how closed in the blast lines are.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I wouldn't call Wily's Fortress obvious, but that's because I don't consider "has a hazard" to be a valid condemnation.

Pac-Land, Orbital Gate, Great Cave, 75 M, and Palutena's Temple are probably the five worst (though in no particular order), in my opinion.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Pac-Land without a doubt. I also am not a fan of 75m either. Palutena's Temple despite being very gorgeous is way too big even for 8 players. We had an 8-player game on it and it took forever compared to Temple, Great Cave Offensive, etc.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
dont understand the hate for jungle hijinx , palu temple and great cave offensive...
but wily castle suck with the yellow devil and i really hate Pac-Land and ridley stage.

i really miss CORNERIA :(
Palu Temple is bad because there is too much going on, and it just feels like a pretty version of a poorly designed custom map.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What? Wily Castle is amazing.

The worst stage is Pac-Land. It looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.
As a huge Mega Man fan, I think Wily's Castle is a disappointing stage personally.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
maybe a patch will add an option to add boss/hazard off/on but.... i don't have hope.. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Great Cave Offensive: This stage is humongous, has a ton of stage hazards, and has many caves of life, which makes fighting on this stage a massive chore. Speaking as a Kirby fan, I am disappointed that the new Kirby stage was this and not something from the newer games (like Nutty Noon from Returns to Dream Land).
Palutena's Temple: Speaking of massive stages, this stage is horrible because of its size. Look at how massive this stage is; it makes KOing someone a pain. This is attributed to one half containing a big cave of life (with a powerful spike ball) and the other half has a large area near the bottom of the stage where there are tiny platforms and a ton of space to fight on; the latter area is Little Mac's nightmare. I actually died a few times trying to unlock Dark Pit because you have to 1 v 1 him on this stage.
Wily Castle: The stage would be great if it wasn't for the Yellow Devil. I think that he takes up too much room and he is pretty intrusive on the action.
Pac-Land: It's a poorly designed stage with terrible aesthetics. The stage is a pain to fight on, it's nearly equivalent to moving on a straight line, I am not a fan of the music selection, and the stage is not pretty to look it (it could be done in MS Paint).
75m: Why the hell was this brought back? It isn't designed to be suitable for a Smash Bros. stage; it is actually tricky to navigate in. The stage hazards are also pretty powerful...
Mario Circuit (Brawl): Speaking of stages that I don't understand returning, why was this brought back? It's a boring stage with a boring layout and it's boring to fight on. The new Mario Circuit is laps ahead of this terrible stage and it makes the Brawl one look redundant.
Yoshi's Island: I like this stage, but it's horrible in 8-Player Smash. The stage isn't good for the chaos that is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I still hate Flat Zone 2/X

Pyrosphere sucks. Wily Castle too.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
I understand that the original Donkey Kong was a classic and easily recognizable by most people, but 75m really should not have returned. That stage is awful.

Pac-Land isn't a joy either. I only played on it once when I unlocked it. I turned it off on the random selections immediately after.

I'm not a fan of the bosses. They were a cool idea, but they have too much of an impact. I'd rather they just come in for one attack. The current design has them pretty much apprar and decide who wins.

MeleeMasterRace

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cpobiwan456
3DS FC
2921-9080-8261
Not too big of a fan of Wily Castle, Pyroshpehere, Pac-Land, Jungle Hyjinx, Mario Circut, Big Battlefield, Bridge of Eldin, and Wrecking Crew (which isn't too bad but I don't like playing on it). The big issue is the fact that I cannot turn off stage hazards. I really hope an update can do that but beggers can't be choosers.

PrincessLucina

Smash Rookie
Wily's Castle is so dissapointing because it should be an amazingly fun stage but everything is ruined by the Yellow Devil.
Pac Land is awful, for obvious reasons. I hate it more than Mushroomy Kingdom, which is saying something.
I can't stand playing on Wrecking Crew. I don't know why.
I also don't care for the new Star Fox stage, but it's name is slipping my mind.
Really missing Corneria and Fountain of Dreams.

Last edited:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
The Great Cave Offensive is waaayyy too big, even for 8 players. It's nearly impossible to find your character, let alone keep up with them.
Brawl's Mario Circuit is really boring and is even worse in this game with the actually good Mario Circuit stage they should have brought back Melee's Peach Castle instead
75m is so frustrating because all of the obstacles send you flying crazy far, plus it's practically impossible to fight anywhere other than the very top
Wily Castle is unplayable when the Yellow Devil is out, aka like 95% of the fight
I'm never a fan of stages that use retro graphics, and Pac Land has to be the worst offender. The graphics they use are hideous, and no edge-grabbing is stupid. The only good thing is the default music for the stage is so catchy :s
I really didn't like Pokemon Stadium 2, it was ugly (I mean it was Brawl after all) and its music sounds like it uses Pokemon Stadium's (the N64 game) soundfront. Bringing back the 1st one from Melee would have been much better because the transformations were better, it was better-looking, and it would have been another Melee stage (we got 3 Melee stages and like what, 15 Brawl stages? please)
I actually really liked Gaur Plain in the 3DS version but now it's unplayable (gee I wonder why). I'm actually okay with Pyrosphere though, probably because Ridley isn't as annoying as the other bosses.
Smashville is fine as a stage, but having it with Town and City is sooo redundant. Plus Town and City just makes Smashville just look really bad (I mean Wild World and Brawl were both ugly games so it's to be expected). I guess this is more of a gripe with Town and City just being Smashville 2 and them not doing something more creative with the AC franchise like Tortimer Island but ah well.

And I was always okay with Mushroomy Kingdom. I'm usually pretty tolerable with (horizontal) scrolling stages and at least it bothered to have new graphics instead of being yet another 8-bit styled stage.

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
Can't stand Orbital Gate Assault.
Also Pac-land isn't that good.
AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE NEW SONIC STAGE! (Windy Hill I think?)
But it appears I'm the only one that still likes Willy Castle.

Last edited:

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
Pac-Land looks and plays terrible. 75m is better, but still bad. And Yoshi's Island is annoying as ever. Especially on 8-Player Smash.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
75m. Terrible in Brawl. Still terrible in Sm4sh.

Also hate Wily Castle strictly for that Yellow $@%T Head.
Everything else about that stage is great!

Also not too fond of TGCO.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Great Cave Offensive is the absolute worst in my opinion. It's just ridiculous.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Mine would be Wily Castle (Yellow Devil), Great Cave Offensive (Too big for Smash), and Orbital Gate Assault (Ships as platforms was good in 64 through Brawl). I'm the few who likes Pac-Land since they got rid of Mushroomy Kingdom (from the Wii U version).

75m, it was bad in brawl and it's still bad in smash 4, why they bring this stage back is beyond me.
Why not Mario Bros.?

Last edited:
Top Bottom