• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst sse moments

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
... mine was last nite

i was playing a new file to get the rest of the sse cutscenes [there are variations]

and well everytime you save the file with the most time is on top so after about three levels i didnt pay attention and i overwrote my 100% file that had about 17 hours of gameplay... it sucked

post ur worst moments

darkfox32

Smash Rookie
When I did about 4 levels with about 50 stickers and forgot to save. Also, when I was trying to get the Meta Ridley trophy on Intense difficulty and I couldn't kill myself fast enough to try just the boss again. (The R.O.B.s are insanely annoying.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
...In The Wilds, I think. I was trying to go through SSE without any stickers. I got pretty far in with Mario(my last person) and no extra lives, but a wheelie thing rammed me and shot me of the screen. After many more tries, I decided I just couldn't do it without stickers. I put some on and found out that the part where I died with Mario was just one screen from the end of the level.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
When I was playing with my friend who isn't THAT big of a gamer and he said "That's a girl right?" when it first showed Link.

Then I said "Dude haven't you played Zelda for Wii? He sounds nothing like a girl". It turns out he never played it but the thing is I bought that for him at christmas (Because it's THAT good of a game)

so it turns out I wasted my money.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Went on a run for a ridley trophy. I found a Shadow trophy, one of three trophies i was missing from the Coin Launcher trophies. It was on intense, and I lost it to a ROB Sentry jabbing me with 36%. You BET I died and lost it. I got another a few days later.

Otherwise, nothing as bad as the topic starter... :dizzy:

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
I was trying to get the Duon trophy once. I had like 10 stickers on Fox to make a trophy stand drop & I was playing on Hard. I played for like 10 minutes & never saw a trophy stand. Then I accidentally killed him/them trying to recover. Just as they started to fall into the background, a trophy stand fell right in front of me :mad:

That happened about 5 times in like 50 replays before I finally got the trophy.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I was Dedede; just got to Ridley. Ridley had just a small sliver of life left, and I had quite a bit of damage. I was about to throw a trophy stand at Ridley, but I got hit and went flying. I didn't have enough jumps to make it back to the stage, and instead of just dying and capturing him with my next character, I used my up B. Then Ridley jumped and landed right into me, killing himself, and making me do the level all over again >:(

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
A few days ago when I was trying to get the Meta Ridley trophy I had a hard time getting the stands to appear, so I tagged up my favorite characters with stickers to generate them.

In THREE fights in a row, I hit Meta with the stand, only to see it fall into the depths below (all three times he was flying just behind the ship so it didn't land anywhere), and for two hours straight not a single stand appeared each time I fought him! >_<

I finally got Meta-Ridley's trophy last night (after trying for over an hour with no stands appearing), with 0.63 seconds left on the clock - man I wish I took a picture of that!

~Old Man Nintendo

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
Toon Link and Jigglypuff... it took me a couple of tries to beat them because I got completely screwed by items.

The first try and Jiggles was the worst. I missed the door with Marth, and just couldn't get past all the canons to get back to it. So I had to drown him and get there as Pit instead, who I'm not the greatest with.

The fight was going decently until it dropped a ray gun right on Jiggly. Not really a big deal for Pit... except I was on the far right of the stadium when it happened. Just as I'm getting ready to reflect, a bom-omb starts walking towards me...

I couldn't reflect or the bob-omb would have gotten my butt, I couldn't jump because jiggles was houndin the air with blaster shots... and ultimately the bob-omb got me just as I tried to roll. :(

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
i was fighting with fox and ridley was hitting me in boss battles, and i jumped to kick him with one hit on his health, and i got smashed by him stomping anbout, but the kich still hit and i died, but so did he! i still had to get a game over though.

petey was attacking with cages when i started to the left to hit him withmy blaster. hejumped up, and i jumped off the stadium. i tried to double jump, and i did, but got hit by another cage as he brought it back for another attack. the thing is, he's done that before, but there werent any hitboxes in the cage when it retreats! i died then.

i was fighting tabuu again, and i was trying to get his trophy on intense, and i had high percentages, so i shot him with fox's blaster. i then got a trophy stand that magicly apeared (YES!!!) and i threw it, but taboo teleported and it missed! then it magicly hit him while he teleported to the left, and he teleported to the center and started dying, but i already was bown up by a blast box!

i got the *******'s trophy anyways.

also, i was fighting meta ridely when the game started lagging. i hit meta with my fair ( i was fox) and the 5 kick combo was still hitting, BUT RIDLEY BROUGHT THE FALCON FLYER DOWN AND DRAGGED ME OFF!!!! then i was at the bottom of the screen, on the falcon flyer, and i jumped and used up and B, but i died somehow while doing it!

Nordique

Smash Rookie
For some reason, The Battlefield Fortress on Very Hard was a ***** for me. I had to go Normal just to pass it.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Fighting Jigglypuff, I hadn't played much outside of SSE and when I had it'd basically been with no items at all times or I hadn't encountered many pokeballs. I've got Ike to Jigglypuff and have the match fairly even slightly to my advantage. She throws a pokeball down and I see this little blue penguin. I think to myself "Self, that little penguin likely won't go far, and even if it does hit you, it's not going to kill you, keep fighting like it's not even there." Then Piplup decides to rush me. And it hits me. It dragged me all the way down to my death. I'll never underestimate a penguin again.

Playing SSE with my friend on one of the levels with Pit, Mario, and crew. My friend is terrible and dies so I end up with Pit alone. I'm getting massacred to the point of the 100%s (We played V. Hard the whole way through.). So far though, I've managed to recover from everything. I climb a ladder or two and go to the left to find that nothin is there. I go right, and one of the wheelie guys comes out and slaughters me. No chance to dodge him, he basically spawned on me it happened so fast. I was one screen from the end too V_V

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Two of them, but nothing as bad as the thread starter. Both have to do with Tabuu.

First, I was trying to beat Tabuu on Intense (no reason) and just as I was about to kill him with my awesome fully charged Aura Sphere with Lucario, a bomb fell on me while I was charging it and I flew off the screen.

Second one was way worse than the first. After 50 gazillion tries, I was once again fighting Tabuu on Intense so I could get his trophy. The previous times I had accidentally killed him when I used double team to dodge some of his attacks. Either that, or the trophy stand dropped at the beginning of the match and I was forced to weaken Tabuu with my awesome B-Moves. This time, I made sure not to use double team and waited for about 10 minutes for a trophy stand to drop. Finally, I was on my last character with 272% and I instinctively went for the double team for his attack, I did it, he died, a trophy stand dropped right on top of me.

End of Story. I got it the next time though.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Anything regarding bombs exploding in my face can be considered the worst moments... SSE and other single player modes. I hate, HATE random bomb spawns, and they're very frequent too.

Smash Journeyman
That part of the Great Maze with the platforms you can't pass through, multiple ladders all over the place, the flying eyes with tentacles, and freezing wheels. The amount of times I got frozen was countless.

Top Bottom