• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst ssbm character other than pichu

other than pichu who would you say has the worst rep

• Total voters

xChaos

Smash Cadet
I don't know much about Roy's options against CCing, but I do know that Pichu can sorta deal with it through his Dair. It has a quake effect on impact with the ground that kinda helps. Past that though, I usually just DD grab or Empty SH grab.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Vs peach a little before 60% dair knocks her down and jab resets her automatically.

But dair is just a laggy nair with a small increase in knockback that is basically if You naired 10% later

xChaos

Smash Cadet
Vs peach a little before 60% dair knocks her down and jab resets her automatically.

But dair is just a laggy nair with a small increase in knockback that is basically if You naired 10% later
From what I can tell what makes it good against CC is the quake hitbox on landing. From what I understand, though I may be wrong, there is a short quake hitbox that comes out when you hit the ground during your Dair. This extra little on a late Dair lets you get your shield out barely fast enough on a lot of CC attacks. I'm going to look into this further later tonight, as I don't know much about it. It definitely seems promising though.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
pichu problems in a nutshell: really light, can be chaingrabbed or pseudo chaingrabbed a lot, easy to combo at low percents, only has a few moves with good range (respect up air and up tilt, f tilt and down tilt and nair rangewise a bit too), easy to tech chase. self damage is overrated since self damaging moves are either worth it in their niche uses or not used at all or enough to make a difference and the would be consequence is pichu dying earlier which is already existent because of the low weight. he also can't combo/punish some characters well but i think his punish game is a bit underdeveloped, since i think they can be extended from ending in an advantageous position like having a tech chase scenario into more damage. this is just something i'm working on so take this as you will. he can also be walled in neutral a bit but i don't think this is as big as the other stuff, like how pika doesn't get walled as much at higher levels of play.

pros in a nutshell: chaingrabs on fast fallers into edgeguard scenarios/death, nair is amazing, can tech chase decently, good edgeguarding, decent recovery length, up smash is a decent finisher, decent neutral game, some really weird tools that help him a little bit that i don't feel like explaining, small, and he's really cute.

xChaos i could be really wrong here but wouldn't it be impossible to autocancel and have the quake since the quake requires pichu to hit the ground during the dair animation?

i think roy is the worst since he doesn't have good combos on non-fast fallers, range isn't particularly good because of his sword mechanics, generally underwhelming aerials, awful recovery and doesn't have good approaches aside from down tilt and grab. everyone else is a bit of a headache to determine imo; the few tools they have are really good, but everything else about them is so bad.

yoshi shouldn't even be compared to the other crap tiers due to his techs being so good. if anyone is curious, check out the yoshi boards.

Last edited:

xChaos

Smash Cadet
xChaos i could be really wrong here but wouldn't it be impossible to autocancel and have the quake since the quake requires pichu to hit the ground during the dair animation?
the autocancel for Pichu's Dair begins on (or right after? The frame data is unclear.) frame 39. I'm wondering what would happen if I were to hit the ground on the very first frame of the autocancel window. It depends on how the game triggers the quake. It may be nothing, but I'm hopeful.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I've tested You can't auto cancel the quake however missing Your l cancel makes edge cancels easier for its worth.

But You can sh upair dair quake but not nair

Top Bottom