• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Part of Brawl

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
The worst part of Brawl for me?

Well that's totally easy, I have to say it's living in the UK and knowing I'm going to have to wait several more months than most of you guys to actually play the game... oh, and the potential replacement of Ness but then again nobody really knows his chances at this point. Other than those arguably little things, it's looking like a giant step up from Melee already, which is fantastic in my book.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
More chaotic, maybe, but certainly not faster. It's been slowed down by a considerable amount, and players can take more damage as well.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
My only complaints are the seemingly limited options on WiFi, and also the stages: I REALLY like some of them, but with others, I absolutely hate them. I'd LOVE a bigger stage selection than Melee, with stages that were a little bit easier and fun to play on, but not just floating platforms with a pretty background.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Faster. I've seen some videos where it is CHAOS. Like, they have 2 AT's out and someone's performing a Final Smash while everyone else is running around in circles trying to find out who the heck they are.
play melee with 4 people with items on very high. It is similar level of chaos(or limit yourself to pokeballs only if you want a better comparison). They upped the item drops for the demos to give people a better preview of what they were so they could learn something from it. Item-less 1v1 matches will probably be slower in the long run since supposedly characters are tending to live longer this time around.

oufan208

Smash Rookie
I think ya'll need to SHUT THE F%@K UP and play the game before you criticize it

I think ya'll need to SHUT THE F%@K UP and play the game before you criticize it
I don't approve the language, but I seriously agree. For three reasons:

A) Obviously the game isn't out yet.
B) You are on the "Smash World Forums", most of you ONLY posting in the Brawl section? Why would you come to piss and moan about a game you've been waiting months for?
C) Brawl will the mother of all games and maybe your children.

That's all I really have to say about it.

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
We really need to play the game before really criticize it. We only know the basics of each thing we have seen. We don't know anything about how it really plays, how strong anyone is, how far they jump, etc...So, to put anything down at this point is just foolish.

Monkeyjr352

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
The fact that there's no PAL release date yet. Sakurai hates us europeans (and australians, but everyone hates australians).

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
The inclusion of Cruel Brawl. You KNOW you're going to have to get so many kills to unlock a character :urg:

I will find it rather funny if it's 20 kills to unlock Sonic, but that's doubtful. It took me quite a few tries to actually GET twenty kills in one match in the last game, and the Fighting Alloys look to be harder than the Fighting Wire Frames.

And no, I never fell for the Sonic rumor. I was a firm believer in "SSB is for Nintendo characters only!" However, once they announced Snake, I was able to accept 3rd-parties.

You know what else I'll hate? If Mewtwo doesn't come back. I don't care for Pichu (unless there's a new Pichu Bros. char, but they're anime), but despite Mewtwo's bottom tier placement, he was cool. Got pretty far in a tournament as him once.

oufan208

Smash Rookie
Nice job Kasek, and yeah they should really give him some buffs like they did to Bowser and Kirby

tirkaro

Smash Champion
worst parts of brawl:

saki isn't playable (He would have been awesome)
deoxys isn't playable(seriously, wtf sakurai?)
stafy isn't playable(same as above)
little mac isn't playable(same as above)
with anyone mode sucks(I want to play the game with actual people, not with scarecrows)
pity final smashes("Game changing" my bunghole)
assist trophys are only items(should have taken the Jump Ultimate Stars approach)
king dedede's FS isn't mecha dedede(c'mon. it's a robot. with a DRILL. MY DRILL WILL PIERCE THROUGH THE HEAVENS. WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!?)
No alternate costumes (seriously, how hard is it to do that? sorry, wario simply isn't enough.)

but I think the good will most likely outbalance the bad. Unless Megaman isn't in. Then there's no hope left for brawl. Nothing can possibly save it.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Brawl may be chaotic, but then you could turn some items off...and from what I've heard, Brawl is slower than melee. Melee was just if not more chaotic.

But the worst thing may be that I won't be able to get Brawl within the first week :O.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Worst part? How my grades are going to tank when it comes out. EB Games better screw up my preorder if I hope to matriculate at the end of this semester.

Seriously, though? We can't call flaws in the game without playing it. At least not flaws that aren't silly and superficial (like, I hate Kirby, or some such).

hunger!

Smash Champion
I dont like that brawl is SLOWER than melee, it has the "floaty" feature to all the character and i hate that they took out wavedashing. brawl would be much better if it was just melee with more stages and characters, nothing else

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
I dont like that brawl is SLOWER than melee, it has the "floaty" feature to all the character and i hate that they took out wavedashing. brawl would be much better if it was just melee with more stages and characters, nothing else
That's what's wrong with sequels nowadays, they're just the old game with a few new characters/features tossed in. It's a good thing Brawl is a proper sequel, not just Melee 2.0, which would be simply cheap and boring.

Master Tarot

Smash Rookie
The Final Smashes.
Peach's FS doesn't even do any damage. Her vibes from super princess peach would of been a better choice.
Diddy Kong's is just two of his B moves combined (not very creative). What happened to his guitar?
In pokemon trainer's final smash charizard, squirtle, and ivysaur are right on top of each other, they should of each had 3 individual Final Smashes.
Squirtle=Hydro Cannon
Ivysaur=Frenzy Plant
Charizard=Blast Burn
When did Lucas ever have PK Starstorm!? Why didn't he have PK Love, since it is his signature attack. Infact, when did he have PK Freeze, Fire, Magnet, and Thunder? Why does he have freeze, when Lucas actually USED flash in Mother 3?
King Dedede's just seems to be plain bad. it's basically an upgraded version of his side B. The name rips off Pit's final smash too!
And, from what I read in gimpyfish's thread, DK's final smash has no range at all.
I don't understand why they even put final smashes in if they were going to make half of them make no sense or not useful. The FSs just dissapoint me.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
That's what's wrong with sequels nowadays, they're just the old game with a few new characters/features tossed in. It's a good thing Brawl is a proper sequel, not just Melee 2.0, which would be simply cheap and boring.
Could not agree more. I'm thinking alot of melee fans are going to hate brawl because it's too different (which is my favorite thing about brawl).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Nothing at all disapoints me about the game looks. Olimar and Diddy were added as characters, and that made it utter prefection.

But, if there was one negative thing I could say, its that the wait, even though less than a month away, seems like such a long time.. :(

ChrisZ

Smash Cadet
I don't think theres nothing wrong with the game itself to make me hate it. It's the torny kids that make me hate it. I just pray thats not the case with Brawl after its out for awhile.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
being harder than melee?not much,the worst part is the roster if it was controlled by a massive army of anime fangirls and boys, yuck! I bet they will put characters such as Naruto.....yuck!who wants Naruto in brawl?Stone cold steve austin has a better chance!!!I might hate the roster because it might suck

Metalknux

Smash Ace
'Kay, I'm quoting this and putting it in the idiotic statements thread.

PK2

Smash Cadet
The fact Europe won't get it for ages unless it comes out on February 29th.

Top Bottom