• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Part of Brawl

gringo66

Smash Journeyman
i personally believe that the online play is going to be the downfall to this game. I say this for many reasons. 1, because the way they have there online wifi play setup. The online play when it comes to comparing with xbox live isnt as good. (but then again they are microsoft so they can do anything they want) The way they have the friend code setup is a bit disappointing. So far they havent made a microphone for the system yet, and the fact you dont share info in basic brawl is a big upset for me. I hope that they have a wide variety online settings when it comes to personal settings online. Such as how many stocks, stages, items, and teams ect. I personally think that they should have had the online set up as if it were like halo 2. the way they have the pregame lobby ect. is very impressive. atleast i think it is. But they have made a huge improvement when it comes to other online games, so the online wont be bad. Anyways overall, the game is gonna be amazing and is gonna completely dominate favorability(if thats a word) over all these so called "better then kid games so go stick to your little nintendo wii hahahaha" games.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I pretty much love everything that I know about this game so far. It will be my favorite game of all time and remain so until the next epic Smash Bros game, but I'll give this a shot anyway.

1) The fact that the return of certain characters is still unknown: Luigi, Capt Falcon, Jigglypuff, Marth, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Sheik. If any of those 8 fail to return, I will be substantially disappointed.

2) There are a few easter eggs/additions that I'd very much like to see that I will be moderately disappointed to see missing:

-Yoshi being able to eat/spit out shells
-Dr Mario, etc as alt costumes
-Young Link w/ the Masks as a playable character
-the return of Mushroom Kingdom stage(s) with "?" blocks, usable pipes, and POW blocks

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
the absence of meowth as a PC
and the possibility of micaiah and k.rool not being in

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
2 words. Tight Pants. I'm fairly certain Captain Falcon hasn't been shown yet so they don't have to ask if your over 18 before entering the dojo.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I hate the fact that people are hating over little details that can easily be overlooked. Also, the "hardcore" smashers crying over their beloved wavedashing being gone is awesome.

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
Normally I wouldn't ***** about any game that has yet to come out, but there are some things that do concern me.

1. Lag on Wifi. Hopefuly it won't be too unbearable, but still....
2. The fact that there's currently no surefire way to tell if your opponent on Wifi disconnected and was replaced by a CPU. I'd actualy rather be disconnected.
3. I have to wait untll Febuary 10 to get it... :p Kidding(mostly), since I pity the people in Europe and Australia.

Still looks to be one of the most awesome games in existence, tho.

Meta Shelb

Smash Rookie
what part of SSBB will you NOT like?

I don't like how fast everything is compared to Melee. And, Snake may or may not ruin all and behold. (And Lucas, but I'm not holding any grudge right now)
Well for starters brawl is slower than melee. Which is good, also the fact that the knockbacks and general physics of the game are more realistic. Which i think will be good.

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
for me its the name brawl is just... weird should be;
Super Smash Bros.:*** kickin' time lol jk

really what i hate is 3 letters; P A L and how i know people who are saying this game will be crap because its got 'baby' character mario

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
The worst part of Brawl? A chance of not living up to the hype =O
Fortunately, we know most of the game's content already, so that may be a bit less of a problem than it seems. Still, the idea worries me.

I hope Brawl Online has no Lag
Apparently there is some lag when your'e brawling over long distances, so hopefuly it's either bearable or only applies to the acctual connecting of the Wiis.

The main thing that worries me other than the things above is that there currently seems to be no surefire way to tell if your opponent disconnected on With Anyone brawls. I'd rather have the brawl be canceled when all your opponents disconnect than constantly wonder if who I fought was a real person or a CPU. It's not anywere near as satisfying if you beat a CPU, IMO.

Top Bottom