• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst. Move. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
TherealSD said:
marths counter... i used to over use it lol kinda out of habbit(its not good... too much lag lol and its predictable) Not saying it doesnt have its uses. and marths bthrow is pretty bad unless you are trying to throw them off the board...
I think you have the throws mixed up. IRC Marth's Bthrow sends them up while the Dthrow sends them backwards. Weird but yea...
Pichu's Fthrow is really bad. :s

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Bowser dthrow on Jigglypuff and Pichu and Geedubya(In Nstc) is pretty worthless, might set up for Fortress if they forget to jump, but still no damage. lol

Blind

Honorbound
If you're making Marth's counter predictable... that has nothing to do with the move... especially since better players won't use it frequently, so when playing against them, it will actually be a surprise... A move in itself can't really be predictable. Common sense ftw.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I know there are uses for Luigi's Down-B, but come on, it only hits a maximum of twice. but it's not as bad as his Dtilt or Dash-A.

And honestly, the Aerial hammer for kirby is just another move that begs for punishment.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
=P u can edgeguard with Marth's down+B, even if only for a lil while. it does like 7 damage per hit, and u when you're coming back to the stage from the top left corner, your opponent will most likely try to hit you b4 you can grab the edge. you can counter, hit them, and still get back up =P.

S-88

Smash Cadet
I would have to say that there isn't a worst move. All of them have some use, even if they seem useless. If I really had to pick one though, it would probaly be...i can't even think of one. nearly all moves have at least SOME use. Right?

Suboshi

Smash Rookie
I strongly disagree with the comment about Ness's PK Flash. I've overcome quite a few tournaments using it in part of my strategy.

When I think of useless moves, sadly Mewtwo comes to mind. I can't really recall of the top of my head any move of his that another character isn't better then. Poor, poor neglected Mewtwo.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I dislike many moves. Doc's D-Tilt, Pichus Up-B...But worst = Ness walking the dog. It's a smash, and deals around 9%. Slow, laggy, and not that good for edgeguarding as some says.

TherealSD

Smash Rookie
Well its not really marths counter is predictable as much as if you enclose it in your move list for every match people will catch on. Counter in my opinion isnt a great edge guard. Yes i have seen what you are talking about but the fact that there are so many better ways to edgeguard with marth makes it bad. oh and sorry sonic i did miss use it. But the bthrow is still pretty bad. At least you can incorparate the down through in to some odd tactics.(=

mood4food77

Smash Hero
there is no point in using luigi's dash attack, no knockback (well almost) easily countered, the powerful moves can be used to edgegaurd, ness' yoyo smashes actually have decent knock on the let out, jiggs' sing is good on the ledge as with yoshi's egg toss

F8X

Smash Ace
Koops said:
Captain Smashie said:
3x people saying zelda/sheik's downB! Oh my!
man, that is actually the BEST move because it allows you to use another char in the same battle, which proves it isn't the worst.
Yeah, and I think that Mr game and watchs down smash is bad, or any of pichus electrial attacks(not to hate on pichu players, no ofense)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
nair reach, grab reach, KO power of fsmash, small size, better sheild, does better on falco, better juggling abilities, and less start up and lag times

pika is better in every other way

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Pichu Vs Pikachu - Pikachu is more powerful, but he's also bigger, slower, falls VERY SLOWLY, very vulnerable. Pichu is faster, jumps higher, falls quicker, rolls better, good for tricking opponents. It's kinda like Gdorf VS Cfalcon except a little less... extreme.

And all of you who said that these two moves are the worst:

Kirbys Down B
Shieks Over B

Obviously aren't thinking situation-wise or maybe you're just noobs. If you move the control pad in circles after you throw the chain with sheik he'll swing it around for up to 10 seconds. This is perfect for edge guarding, cave guarding, wall guarding, team battles, stalling, and a couple of other things.

Kirby's down B is useful when your opponent's are grouped up or trapped. Since there's no way to stop it from coming, it has virtually no lag time, and it's not bad for power either, it can be very helpful. I beat event 51 on my 8th try with it when I first got this game. It also makes a brilliant recovery move - you get sent flying and you use the move to get back down from a Star KO. Handy when your opponents have weapons, or are trying to juggle since A attacks don't effect it. The only way to stop it from hitting you is to roll to the side and grab.

Renth

Smash Hero
SirSka said:
Ganondorf"s up a is pretty useless. You take to long to pull off the, it just advertises too long.
Ganondorf's up tilt can be used as a deadly edge guard if done right

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
Vasilicus said:
Obviously aren't thinking situation-wise or maybe you're just noobs. If you move the control pad in circles after you throw the chain with sheik he'll swing it around for up to 10 seconds. This is perfect for edge guarding, cave guarding, wall guarding, team battles, stalling, and a couple of other things.
Shiek's chain is fairly useless if you opponent is competent at all.

You get 2, maybe three hits before they DI up and smack you with a nair/dair/fair while you sit there with the ending lag.

Kirby's down B is useful when your opponent's are grouped up or trapped. Since there's no way to stop it from coming,
Move out of the way?

it has virtually no lag time,
It has horrible lag.

and it's not bad for power either, it can be very helpful. I beat event 51 on my 8th try with it when I first got this game. It also makes a brilliant recovery move - you get sent flying and you use the move to get back down from a Star KO.
This doesn't work; if you recover in the air enough to use an attack, you're not going to make it off the top anyways.

Handy when your opponents have weapons, or are trying to juggle since A attacks don't effect it. The only way to stop it from hitting you is to roll to the side and grab.
Or sidestep.

Or just WALK.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Pichu's f-air, by far.. Usually does 4% to him and 1% to the opponent. No other move screams "Don't use me" louder. A lot of the slow moves are pretty bad, unless your opponent isn't doing anything for a while or you can catch him off guard. (like ganon/falcon punch) But those at least have uses compared to Pichu's f-air.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Rapid_Assassin said:
Pichu's f-air, by far.. Usually does 4% to him and 1% to the opponent. No other move screams "Don't use me" louder. A lot of the slow moves are pretty bad, unless your opponent isn't doing anything for a while or you can catch him off guard. (like ganon/falcon punch) But those at least have uses compared to Pichu's f-air.
after prolonged use of pichu, you'll learn to love this move. when l-cancelled, it combos into grabs, up smash, down smash, tilts, etc. experienced players who use pichu can usually avoid critical hits well, so you tend to ignore your self-inflicted damage (of course, don't hurt yourself TOO much.) pichu's aerials have small range but good priority, and their weak trajectory allows nice combos. therefore, a shffl'd fair to an upsmash is a great way to kill at high %'s when the nair would hit 'em too far.

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
I would probally say gannons up attack no one wants to sit there and charge up a kick that keeps you stationary and sure it may be strong but you will probally only land it if your completley lucky and a level 1 comp.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
well. one of the only ways i can it being useful is in some sort of team battle 2v2 where one of your opponents has already died.. and your teammate is holding them still.. and they have damage so they can be held that long... yaeh. it was probably put in the game to show Ganon has raw power?

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
Sure but all of gannons attack show that he has raw power. But i think he would have been alot stronger if they had but the up attack that captian falcon has

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ganon doesn't need the up tilt, he has the vulture kick (uair) which serves as one of hte best edgaurds there is, also one of the best spikes

mood4food77

Smash Hero
luigi's dash attack is the worst move in the game, he is most likely getting hit after he uses it

sheik's forward b is good has an edgegaurd damage adder

ganon's up tilt can serve as an edgegaurd, hard to pull off but it still can be used

doc's tilt can seperate him from teh opponent, and can spike into the stage if done right, mario's can set up for some juggling, same with luigi's

pichu's fair is great for combo starters

jiggs sing can be used on the ledge like yoshi's egg toss, drop down jump, up b, cancelled out by ledge grab

most moves can be used for a situation, this one is the only move strictly restricted from use, before wavedashing was found out i think he was low becuase of the crap *** dash attack, no juggling options, low knockback, lot's of lag, his taunt at least kills, this will knock them back at really high percents, like 300, so it's useless and must not be used

Renth

Smash Hero
there's a thread almost indentical to this one, the capes useless move thread... you say a move and he'll tell you why it's not useless... ~_~

mood4food77

Smash Hero
side b has the most priority in the game, along with grabs and jiggs down b, so mewtwo's forward b is able to destroy some approaches and some juggles, his down b at higher percents to allow a free kill but it's almost as bad as luigi's dash attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom