• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst job you ever had

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
Mine was my very first job during my highschool days...ice cream scooper at Baskin Robbins. Weekends were the worst; 8 hours of jerkwad customers and digging in those rock-hard icecream buckets left me pissed off and with no control of my wrist.

What's yours?

オビ (Obi)

Smash Cadet
Been a spanish tutor for 6th grade students. But I wouldn't qualify it as "worst," just hardest. No matter how bad a job is, you always learn something from it.

But when I think about it, I kind of enjoyed that job....

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
My worst job was working at Dairy Queen. The person who was supposed to be helping me learn **** did an awful job at it. She wouldn't help me out with things a lot of times even though I was new, and she just wasn't friendly at all. Working with food sucks. A lot. And at Dairy Queen there's all this stuff I want to eat but just can't. I quit after two weeks because I didn't need the job.

Yeah, there's worse jobs, but fast food sucks.

No matter how bad a job is, you always learn something from it.
Yeah. I learned I never want to work with food again. Lol.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I worked as a server at a restaurant called JB's for a while-- I don't know if they're a UT thing or not. Anyway, it's a ghetto version of Denny's, if you can imagine that, seeing that Denny's is already ghetto.

Anyway, it was so unpopular, that no one ever came in. As a server, you make less than minimum wage, due to the fact that tips usually bump you above the minimum wage mark significantly. But not at JB's. Because no one ever went there.

So I just sat around refreshing the salad bar and cleaning everything in an empty restaurant all day by myself. For about four buck n'hour. Eventually, our one and only regular, Oscar, would come in and ask for his usual pitcher of Sprite and Cranberry juice. But that was about it.

Eventually, I just stopped going. I know that's a bad and mean thing to do to a restaurant of all things, but I don't think they had hard feelings. They sent me my last check in the mail, and after only a few months, everyone that worked there while I did quit, so now it's a good reference again. :D

inferno

EnFuego
BRoomer
(After typing my post I saw the post above mine is almost exactly the same situation as mine o.O But I'm going to post it anyway)

My worst job was when I worked as a waitor at a Chinese/Mexican restaraunt called, Enchiladitos.(Yes, ripped from Aqua Teen Hunger Force)

It wasn't so much the job itself, as it was my boss. My first weeks pay check was cut in half for "Training fee's". Hardly anyone came in, so my tips sucked. Oh, did I mention that I got paid 2.35 an hour?

In addition to the Chinese/Mexican restaraunt part, the place was aslo a drive through. About two weeks after I started I was put over there. I was going to get paid minumum wage, but once again, my first week's pay was cut in half for "training fee's" .

After the last incident I was so pissed off that I never went back. I never said I was quitting, I just never went back.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Dude. I work at Panda Express and its pretty bad.

Not to mention about non-stop scooping Chinese food, cleaning, wiping tables, sweeping, etc, the customers that come will never understand workers. (well, there were a few of them that cared.)

But I'm used to it now. But I still can't handle bad customers. Every time they respect me, I do the same back to them.

And this is a good lesson for people out there. When you're at a restaurant or anywhere that a worker from the store tries their best to help YOU, say "please", and "thank you" to them because it DOES feel good to hear it for the worker.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Working at Taco Bell changed me.

There was too many Mexicans for my tastes (note I'm not a racist)
Not to mention about non-stop cleaning, wiping tables, sweeping, etc, the customers that come will never understand workers. An vice versa (yes i stole the above posters info)
I finally walked out on them when I got my current job.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
regal movie theater, my co-workers were lazy dumb ****s and my managers were the most condescending awful people with not an interesting or intelligent thought in their heads. don't even get me started on the customers. ****ing ungrateful *******s, working there taught me to appreciate someone else's hard work, even if its a fast food joint. i'll never think poorly of anyone behind the counter again.

Flipthepage

Smash Rookie
Woolworths. possibly the last place an employee gets respect from customers in england. if you expect anyone to be grateful for your help or efficient service you can forget about it. they moan about virtually anything, and grunt and whine whilst you do anything, and eve ngo as far as to moan that stuff is moved when staff have to go tidy up. frustrating barely covers it, and its a great symbol of how much chav culture damages consumer relations

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Probably two months ago when I was doing silver service at a Party. I was serving champagne to people who were getting increasingly plastered, and they kept on tripping over and knocking bottles/glasses out of my hand, then screaming at me for it lol ^^.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
I work at a local convenience store called Kwik Chek. I put in my two weeks notice (apparently unlike the rest of the people in this topic, lol), and next week is my last week. It is getting pretty unbearable there. My manager took a 3 week vacation, and now she has been sick the last week. We never have any food, we get yelled at for wasting too much, and we get yelled at for not having enough food out. Never mind the fact that to have plenty of food out you have to be prepared to waste some of it. You can go the extra 100 miles and make the deli shine with everything completely prepared for the next day, and nobody will notice. But you better not ever dare miss a tiny little spot of sauce on the makeline, or you'll get written up.

Not trying to be bitter about my job, but we got yelled at quite a bit.

Somasu

Smash Ace
I'm currently STUCK working at my worst job ever.

That job needs no explanation as to how bad it can be just because of its name: McDonald's.

I work as a front counter order take for 8 hours straight (on most days), and I have to deal with so many ****TY customers that it's a wonder that I'm not completely bat**** insane, yet. I also work with some of the laziest *******s ever... The hardest working ones being my managers and like.. 6 or 7 other people. Most of my managers are okay, but the store manager and her daughter are the two cruelest people I've ever met. They've almost fired me just because I forgot to shave off the LITTLE bit of peach fuzz I had on my chin that morning, when other people are late EVERY DAY by almost THIRTY MINUTES and haven't even recieved more than maybe one or two write-ups =/ Speaking of those people that are always late, those are the people that come and take over my spot at the register, so I'm always having to wait for them after I've already cleaned and stocked everything.. and I don't think there's been one single day out of the few months I've worked there where I've gotten out at the time I was supposed to.

I think my least favorite thing is the customers.. You can already guess how *****y a lot of them can be, but I think the worst is when they're picky about things. They come in and say "I want my fries cooked fresh", and when I tell them that the fries in the heater.. thing.. just came out like three minutes ago, they whine and say "No! I want them fresh! fresh out of the grease!". Then I had another customer want something plain... and when he checked it and saw one single tiny DOT of sauce on it, he complained and asked us to toss it and make another... It's just... ugh.. I can't stand it..

About the only reason I've stayed there for so long was because I need this job in order to shut my parents up about me not having a job.. and if I just quit or even give a two weeks notice, they'd flip.. =/ I'm waiting until I get a better job somewhere else before I quit..

Still @_@ Kill me now if this is how I have to pay the bills

Also, I agree with thumbswayup. Working there has really made me appreciate someone else's work and I, too, will never think poorly of someone doing their job.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I used to sell personal loans to people over the phone (Essentially I was a cold caller)

I can still remember the 6 pages of legal document i had to read out to them if they accepted.

man that was soul destroying.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm currently STUCK working at my worst job ever.

That job needs no explanation as to how bad it can be just because of its name: McDonald's.

I work as a front counter order take for 8 hours straight (on most days), and I have to deal with so many ****TY customers that it's a wonder that I'm not completely bat**** insane, yet. I also work with some of the laziest *******s ever... The hardest working ones being my managers and like.. 6 or 7 other people. Most of my managers are okay, but the store manager and her daughter are the two cruelest people I've ever met. They've almost fired me just because I forgot to shave off the LITTLE bit of peach fuzz I had on my chin that morning, when other people are late EVERY DAY by almost THIRTY MINUTES and haven't even recieved more than maybe one or two write-ups =/ Speaking of those people that are always late, those are the people that come and take over my spot at the register, so I'm always having to wait for them after I've already cleaned and stocked everything.. and I don't think there's been one single day out of the few months I've worked there where I've gotten out at the time I was supposed to.

I think my least favorite thing is the customers.. You can already guess how *****y a lot of them can be, but I think the worst is when they're picky about things. They come in and say "I want my fries cooked fresh", and when I tell them that the fries in the heater.. thing.. just came out like three minutes ago, they whine and say "No! I want them fresh! fresh out of the grease!". Then I had another customer want something plain... and when he checked it and saw one single tiny DOT of sauce on it, he complained and asked us to toss it and make another... It's just... ugh.. I can't stand it..

About the only reason I've stayed there for so long was because I need this job in order to shut my parents up about me not having a job.. and if I just quit or even give a two weeks notice, they'd flip.. =/ I'm waiting until I get a better job somewhere else before I quit..

Still @_@ Kill me now if this is how I have to pay the bills

Also, I agree with thumbswayup. Working there has really made me appreciate someone else's work and I, too, will never think poorly of someone doing their job.
Quit this job. I worked at two different movie theaters, regal being the last and worse of the two. I was there for 3 months before I could stand it no longer and found another job. Trust me man, there are better jobs out there and they're easier to find than you think. Try working at an Apple store. A friend of mine with only experience working at Starbucks got a job there and gets paid 10 dollars an hour.

MasterFreak

Smash Apprentice
my wrost job ever ever was when i was in the united states navy... wait no thats not right it was working at McDonalds for some reason im more shell schocked by the golden arches than car bombs.

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
I've worked several god awful jobs, but they were technically all the same. Clothing retail. JCPenney was the worst though, it can go screw itself. Eight to ten hours shifts of folding clothes and/or dealing with ******* customers who can't make up their minds. I lost all respect for the general public with how stupid the average person could be. All while also dealing with a supervisor who hated me, a department manager who hated me, an assistant store manager who hated me (and also fired me), and a store manager who just didn't care about anyone. Lovely times.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
im a junior in high school, every summer of high school i worked for a lobster man, aka, a man who traps/fishes lobster.
NO it is nothing like "deadliest catch" on discovery channel or whatever lmao, there are no 100 ft waves and deaths onboard.

its just me and him, out in long island sound, for 8 hours or more.
first time i went i got a horrible agonizing sunburn, and under my toenail it was colored blue and black (boots too small)

i have to hook the trap line, bring it aboard with my captain, we both work on baiting them (take 2 bait fish, one goes in the bait net, and another gets a wire through both eyes hanging in the cage)
then lock up and repeat about 300-500 times a day lol.

lunch break is whenever you god**** please though!!!
$10 an hour. 80 bux a day, thats pretty good for a 16 year old.
if you are a fisherman around NY youll know theres a shortage of lobsters, and other fish.
i say the world is ending, others say its just a "bad season"

if you need a job, do this, go down to a popular area for fisherman (there will be traps on the docks etc) and ask them if they know anyone who needs someone to do grunt work.
youll definitely regret it the first time

NeroKiks

Smash Rookie
Staples... Copy and Print Center...

Note that I went to school for 2 years for printing technologies...

...And that is what I ended up doing. I also now have an urge to totally want to yell at any customer that is even a little angry at any retail store.

I quit there in like December, now I work in shipping and receiving in a manufacturing plant!

... in other words... I put dog collars in boxes.

I love working! SIIIIIIIKE

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If anyone knows Blake's Lotaburger knows, it can change you into a racist like me.
I worked there and am now racist.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys are a buncha wusses.

Best in Plastics. The place closed down for a reason. It was a plastic parts factory. I was especially not fond of beating plastic weed whacker gas tanks out of their blazing hot molds with a rubber hammer while the conveyor belt moved at I Love Lucy Speed, for 8+ hours. My arms were often dead tired.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Working ****ing sucks when you don't have a degree in anything...

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I worked at Bloomingdale's in the kitchen. Maybe not the worst job ever, but at least the worst job I've ever had. I had to work inside all day, while outside it was 30 degrees Celsius, 12-14 hour shifts, getting stuff out of the freezer all the time, which was VERY cold. Chef all day yelling at me, especially in the evening when it got busy. And I only got 4 euro's/hour. Mind you, I didn't get any tips or whatever.

Ugh... worked there for 2 months xD.

Luckily I have better jobs now.

Top Bottom