• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst For Glory Character Stereotype

Who is the worst For Glory stereotype?

• FG Samus ( Spamus )

• FG Captain Falcon ( Grabtain Falcon )

• FG Little Mac

• FG Ness

• FG Mario

• FG Diddy Kong

• FG Link

• FG Toon Link

• FG Ganondorf

• FG Sheik

• FG Dedede

• FG Sonic

• FG Duck Hunt

• FG Marth

• FG Mewtwo

• FG Lucario

• FG R.O.B

• FG Cloud

• FG Yoshi

• FG Bayonetta

• FG Jigglypuff

• FG Corrin

• FG Zero Suit Samus ( Zero Skill Spamus)

• FG Pikachu

• FG Game & Watch

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
Pick your worst For Glory character stereotype and if you want, say why your pick is the worst For Glory stereotype.

If you know of a For Glory stereotype that I did not list, put them in the comments and I will add to them to the poll,

*Poll choices currently based on characters commonly found on For Glory*

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Lil' Mac's probably the worst, since I bump into a bunch of people who switch to him after losing to me once.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
FG Link

Win one match: the opponent switches to Link and spams rolls/boomerang. They also tend to taunt when they have like 90% on their last stock. The fact that they are almost always lagging certainly does not help. I used to think they were a myth, but recently I've had matches with these types of Links that were almost 5 minutes long.

Other stereotypes: FG Dededes (run away and spam gordos) and FG Sanics (spam spindash, run away, and always spam taunts).

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
FG Dedede, FG Sonic and FG Duck Hunt added to the poll. The former two due to Sari and the latter due to me forgetting about them ( since they are more relatively easier to deal with. )

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
For me it's a toss-up between Mac and Ness. I went with Little Mac, but just barely.

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
Tbh, I used to think Mac was the worst, but the last couple times I went on FG in the last few weeks I've noticed some sort of decline. As though people only pick him if they know what they shouldn't do with him. But for the sake of how bad it used to be...Mac it is.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
I picked Little Mac for the sole reason that 9 times out of 10, people will dash attack me and then side B off the stage.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
For Glory Mario.
They make me embarassed to be a Mario main.
For Glory Mac is an honourable mention.
If it weren't for the fact that this guy somehow wasn't lagging like his router was a potato, he would basically be a full-package FG Mac.

You did forget some stereotypes, yes. Like the For Glory Marth: People who spam counter and Smashes and hope for the best, and who only use him for hipster purposes and "because he's better than Lucina", despite never hitting tippers and thus playing Marth like a heavily nerfed Lucie, ironically.

Edit: It's been 4 months since I uploaded that video. Wow. I sure got much better.

Last edited:

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
FG Marth added to the poll. I have encountered those a lot back in 2014. They have seemed to die out ( for me at least. )

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
FG Links/Tinks are the worst IMO. Standing on the edge spamming arrows, boomerangs, and bombs, and either smash attacking or grabbing when I get close, and then having the gall to taunt when I happen to lose a stock is ridiculous. Nothing you did was some great feat and is hardly worthy of bragging about.

I've never minded the Macs. I don't really seem them much anymore, and even then they don't put up much of a fight. Falcons are pretty bad, but at least they make the effort to punch/knee me in the face rather than standing around spamming projectiles.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Ah, I think Mewtwo and Lucario probably should be there as well, but for the same reasons as Samus.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Almost wanna change my vote to Ness, I've seen quite a few try to take me down via PK Fire spamming.
I hate to see it be this way, I really like the lil' guy.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
FG Mewtwo and Lucario added to the poll. If you have any nicknames for theses stereotypes ( ex: Spamus ) tell me and I will add that to the poll as well.

Edit: Ignore the last part of the last sentence. I can't edit the poll to add a nickname to a character even though it worked for me before. But feel free to list them in the comments.

Last edited:

James Lee McKigney

Smash Rookie
NNID
KOManiacJim
3DS FC
0920-2290-3202
I tend to fall into a random pattern. Always run, Don't walk, Roll a bit, do A button attacks, do a few grabs, try some B-Button moves, Screw up in the end, and feel like a complete idiot. I call that "Flowchart Jim." No victory phase because "Failure is the only option"

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Clouds on FG have made FG so much more painful than what it used to be (which honestly wasnt that bad, the stereotypical falcons, sonics, and macs are easy enough to handle and projectile spammers arent too common for me) but ugh i cannot stand these clouds and theres so many of them, at least 2/5 matches are against cloud. All the majority of them do is jump/roll around the stage charging limit break and throwing out f smashes and up airs, taunting after every kill, and almost all of them use that awful hot topic trenchcoat costume. Hes literally the most obnoxious character in the game, i always leave after fighting a cloud whether or not i won or didnt have lag

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
FG Link. I not even going to beat this dead horse.

FG Tink I like a lot more, simply because the majority of the ones that I've played actually PLAY as him, pretty good too. The last FG Tink I played was a ditto match with both of us fighting on equal grounds.

Honorable mention goes to FG DDD. Regardless of the skill of the player, I can't seem to KO the freaking guy. Not soon enough, anyway.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
FG Glory Cloud added to the poll.

So far FG Little Mac and FG Link are tied for 1st with a whopping 7 votes ( sarcasm. )

FG Sonic is in 2nd with 3 votes.

FG Captain Falcon and FG Ness are tied for 3rd place with 2 votes.

Anyone else isn't even worth mentioning due to having no votes or a single vote.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
FG Sonic just because you can't punish anything he does online and all they do is mash B over and over and flick the c stick whenever you're at kill percent.

Still, FG Macs, Links, and Marios are pretty bad in their own right. Mac and Mario can't be punished online at all and Link for the obvious reasons.

I'm also surprised how FG Yoshi isn't an option considering how godly he is online. Any punish attempt would result in getting jabbed or down B killed/shield broken.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I voted for FG Link since I run into them more often since it's common for my opponents to switch to Link as a counter pick. But I feel FG Ness is worst. PK Fire is nails on a chalkboard. I've run into Ness players where this was literally the only way they would approach ever and never changed it up. And it's always followed by a throw.

The matches are just so painstakingly boring that I often want to SD to put myself out of my misery. Regardless, any Ness that plays like that I always leave. Whereas a FG Link I have fun trying to beat them at their own game. I probably should have voted for Ness now that I think about it.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
FG Link's honestly give me cancer (even as a Link main) and are the reason Link players don't have a good reputation lol.
FG Ness's though are super annoying when all they know how to do is PK fire and PK thunder to hit themselves in order to kill.

Some are so bad they hit themselves offstage and SD because they have literally have no idea how to play the character. Then some try to b-throw kill but stale it to the point where it doesn't kill like it should.

It just ticks me off when people try to win with a character just because they're "good" when they have no idea what their doing.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Indeed. I've seen her d-air more times than I care to count by this point.

Still not as bad as FG Link though (for now)

Eugene Wang

Smash Apprentice
I bet you the Bayonetta For Glory stereotype will be a bullet-art spamming, constantly running Bayonetta that fishes too hard for witch time kill confirms around 100 damage. With dancing taunts that are cancelled fractions of a second too late.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
It's already a thing. One of the Bayonetta's I fought last night decided it would be a good idea to stand in place and spam witch time. A couple times I tried timing a dash attack in between them, but it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of start and ending lag on it (would be interested in seeing witch time's frame data if we have it). So I just went up and grabbed her. As Ike. She took a fair to the face and KOed.

James Lee McKigney

Smash Rookie
NNID
KOManiacJim
3DS FC
0920-2290-3202
"SPAM? I Could care less about Spam. They look like a combonation of Ham, Pork Butts, Lard and whatever kind of meats that are blended together. At least they keep for a long time but that's the only good I can think of right now."

-- What I can assume Bayonetta's thoughts are about spam. (Not really her personality but I tried.)

yoshimama

Smash Rookie
I always disliked Sheik players. I've never encountered one who doesn't just do a bunch of useless flashy **** thinking this is melee or something. It's so predictable and doesn't really help them. Same for Falcon and Marth/Lucina players

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
Completely unrelated but, yesterday I was matched up with a Roy player while I was Villager. I normally taunt at the beginning at rounds to say " Good Luck! " but during this the time he walked up to me and charged his F-smash, hit me with it ( since I was doing Villager's long Up-taunt ) then spiked me. After he taunted twice like a complete douche I KO'ed him once with the tree. On his 2nd stock, while he was using his Up-B I pushed him off with the watering can then just to disrespect him I spiked him while he was free falling. When I was at the Character select screen he was nowhere to be found.

That's FG for you.

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Clouds on FG have made FG so much more painful than what it used to be (which honestly wasnt that bad, the stereotypical falcons, sonics, and macs are easy enough to handle and projectile spammers arent too common for me) but ugh i cannot stand these clouds and theres so many of them, at least 2/5 matches are against cloud. All the majority of them do is jump/roll around the stage charging limit break and throwing out f smashes and up airs, taunting after every kill, and almost all of them use that awful hot topic trenchcoat costume. Hes literally the most obnoxious character in the game, i always leave after fighting a cloud whether or not i won or didnt have lag
I don't leave, I block every Cloud player(like I did with the Libble Macs when every noob selected him). Cloud is for people without a soul. I hope they nerfed him in the new update because he's horribly overpowered too. I know what the average smash/cloud player is thinking: 'Cloud isn't overpowered, you just suck LOLLLLL'

If players trade their main they've been using for months for a new character and have immediate success with it, that's usually a sign the character is OP. There is no way that many people would trade their main for another character if it wasn't overpowered.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Completely unrelated but, yesterday I was matched up with a Roy player while I was Villager. I normally taunt at the beginning at rounds to say " Good Luck! " but during this the time he walked up to me and charged his F-smash, hit me with it ( since I was doing Villager's long Up-taunt ) then spiked me. After he taunted twice like a complete douche I KO'ed him once with the tree. On his 2nd stock, while he was using his Up-B I pushed him off with the watering can then just to disrespect him I spiked him while he was free falling. When I was at the Character select screen he was nowhere to be found.

That's FG for you.
I'm not a fan of opening the round with a taunt (unless I encounter another rare Ike main), but if someone does I always wait until after their taunt finishes before I start attacking. It's just good sportsmanship. You did good work putting that guy in his place.

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
Toon Link for me. Basically, think of everything you hate about For Glory Links. Now put that in an arrogant, bratty body.

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
Links and Toon links are the bane of my existence on FG. They just spam rolls/ projectiles until you've taken a lot of damage, and then spam UTilts/ USmash/ FSmash until they kill you.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Where's FG :4jigglypuff:???

The ones who spam rest and think sing is a counter.

There are a lot of them. A LOT.

Top Bottom