• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst For Glory Character Stereotype

Who is the worst For Glory stereotype?

• FG Samus ( Spamus )

• FG Captain Falcon ( Grabtain Falcon )

• FG Little Mac

• FG Ness

• FG Mario

• FG Diddy Kong

• FG Link

• FG Toon Link

• FG Ganondorf

• FG Sheik

• FG Dedede

• FG Sonic

• FG Duck Hunt

• FG Marth

• FG Mewtwo

• FG Lucario

• FG R.O.B

• FG Cloud

• FG Yoshi

• FG Bayonetta

• FG Jigglypuff

• FG Corrin

• FG Zero Suit Samus ( Zero Skill Spamus)

• FG Pikachu

• FG Game & Watch

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
Do you guys find FG Links harder to deal with than FG Toon Links? Or do you just encounter FG Links more often? There is a surprising low vote count for Toon Link.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Do you guys find FG Links harder to deal with than FG Toon Links? Or do you just encounter FG Links more often? There is a surprising low vote count for Toon Link.
FG Toon Links are very hard to come by, and when they do, they play way more aggressively than regular Link, which isn't that much of an issue, at least for me.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Why is FG Bayo a thing, but FG Corrin isnt? That character is literally just "fsmash and neutralB."

Anyway, my vote goes to captain falcon. The character is the embodiment of hype, but goddamn, is he ever the voice of for glory players the world over. He has two states of being - running and dead. FG falcons are cancer, because unlike FG links, FG falcons have but one gameplan: "dash grab, then go for spikes." If they cant dash grab you, they become utterly lost and cease to pose a threat.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
FG Corrin added to poll. ( The dlc characters are being ruined by brain dead people.....why? )

Grandma Wilkins

Smash Cadet
The thing with FG Toon Links is that they typically have a good idea of what they're doing, unlike normal Links who just roll and spam. Except when they use dair. That move is only good for ledge spikes

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I don't leave, I block every Cloud player(like I did with the Libble Macs when every noob selected him). Cloud is for people without a soul. I hope they nerfed him in the new update because he's horribly overpowered too. I know what the average smash/cloud player is thinking: 'Cloud isn't overpowered, you just suck LOLLLLL'

If players trade their main they've been using for months for a new character and have immediate success with it, that's usually a sign the character is OP. There is no way that many people would trade their main for another character if it wasn't overpowered.
...Yeah, that kind of really is the case. I think you just don't know the matchup yet, really.
He's a character that is easy to use, and it's not like being easy to use is Cloud's own attribute. Mario is easy to use and it's easy to switch to him from any main, but he's not OP.

Cesarin

Smash Rookie
what about FG game an watch? all they do is fish for 9 an spam neutral b
for glory Pikachu an Zss are also a bunch of spammers

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Is this just going to keep growing until there's one "FG" version of every character on the roster? Like, I feel like my soul is being painfully torn apart whenever I encounter an "FG Ike" using Aether and Quick Draw in neutral and spamming counter every time they land, but we can pretty much track down some dumb habits being perpetrated by bad players of any character...

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Cloud for being sword-mario. If you want a swordfighter that's easy to use but also effective, then choose Cloud.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Flavor of the month...give it time and we'll go back to seeing :4falcon::4mario:and:4cloud:Running amok.
They never stopped running amok. Only difference is that now we have "fsmash the character" er, sorry, "corrin" joining the party.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
This thread went on for a week and two days before starting to become dead.... huh.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Is this just going to keep growing until there's one "FG" version of every character on the roster? Like, I feel like my soul is being painfully torn apart whenever I encounter an "FG Ike" using Aether and Quick Draw in neutral and spamming counter every time they land, but we can pretty much track down some dumb habits being perpetrated by bad players of any character...
Honestly, not every character has some sort of trope we make fun at.
People who play Lucina on FG, for examle, are meh. They aren't spectacular, but they're atleast not utter trash. Sometimes people spam counter with her, but most people use Marth instead of her under the illusion they might actually land a tip.
Or people who play Lucas. After Lucas stopped being "character of the month", the "scrubs" kinda went back to their actual mains they can more easily abuse than him, mostly because, sadly, Lucas is just glitched and nerfed Ness in this game.

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
Stereotype guide right here.
Bayonneta:
F smash. f smash. down smash. Wait are you trying to punish? L O L witch time. Are you trying to approach? L O L f smash or witch time.
"Blah blah blah YUR MUM"
Cloud:
Charge limit break. You're approaching? Better f smash 2-3 times since new shield mechanics from 2-4 patches earlier make everything safe on shield. Now I'll roll away until you can't touch me. Now it's time to charge limit break. Repeat process until it's fully charged. Better use side special or the neutral special. Repeat process again.
Pit/Edgy Pit:
Spam arrows everywhere. Make sure you try to look like a cool guy spinning around and stuff. Get that down throw and follow up with fair, nair, or up air always. Make sure it becomes so annoying that your opponent will want to hang themselves. Also don't forget that when they land or try to land that you need to spam up smash and forward smash all the time. When you're on the ground and that combo starts to fail, you have a couple options. Spam side special until you kill them, constantly throw them offstage and go for the spike that you will never hit or spam arrows at them so you can gimp them, or spam all smash attacks because their range and with the shield stun mechanics will make it almost impossible for any character to punish you.

Last edited:

InfiniteThoronz

Smash Cadet
Out off all the Links I played, a handful were good. The rest spammed arrows, boomerags and bombs, rolled as if their life depended on it, and when they used an fsmash, they always used the second hit

Spc2799

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spc2799
FG links make me want to tear my hair out honestly. When they stand at the other side of the stage and spam for the whole match while I'm actually trying to play the game its truly a sight to behold. I've met links that are so ballsy in fact that they will then go on to trash talk in the tags afterwards. Makes me angry just thinking about it.

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
FG Links are something else.

They think their down-air will hit you every time, throw a barrage of projectiles when they're standing at the other side of the stage from you, and using rolling as a means of movement even when you're nowhere near them.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
You could put a ''everyone'' because For Glory is filled with douchebags that are playing just to see their win ratio % increase, and want to make you feel like the worst player ever when you lose. I don't think I will say it enough, but No one else can see your ''precious'' win ratio.
There's also lag and input delay, but that's a story for another day.
Back on topic, I would say FG Ness is my number 1 worst. Each and everyone of them only spammed Side B, killed me once with B-throw and taunted way too much.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Spamus doesn't really exist in fg. Anyone brave enough to main Samus knows Spaming wont help you win at all given you can SH over all her projectiles. Link spams WAAAY more than a Samus main will. I mean, How many links have to eat a full charge shot to know that boomerang + arrow + dair = CS to the face? Also many FG links will just stand still thinking their shield is the most OP defense ever. News flash, headshots are a thing.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Oh,samus players spam alright.

You're assuming that anyone "brave enough" to spam with her has an inkling of the beginnings of an idea what they're doing.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
FG Little Macs, Nesses and Links seemed to have died down in my experience but FG Zero Suit Samuses is still a thing.

Now it looks like I'm gonna have my hands full with Bayonettas as well.

TheArcfire

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProfesorSanchez
All of thes stereotypes give children aids but I think grabtain falcon is the worst for obvious reasons

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
The FG Marios just makes wanna vomit, dthtow>uptiltx6-7 times and charge F.L.U.D.D if they gimp you they taunt thinking they have done something impressive, and FG Marths: "Lucina sucks! Marth can land tippers, ima gonna spam Counter and fsmash and hopefully get a tipper!"
Why I prefer Lucina over Marth.

InfiniteThoronz

Smash Cadet
The FG Marios just makes wanna vomit, dthtow>uptiltx6-7 times and charge F.L.U.D.D if they gimp you they taunt thinking they have done something impressive, and FG Marths: "Lucina sucks! Marth can land tippers, ima gonna spam Counter and fsmash and hopefully get a tipper!"
Why I prefer Lucina over Marth.
I prefer Marth because of the tipper. It's easy to land for me

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I prefer Marth because of the tipper. It's easy to land for me
I prefer Lucina because I personally feel his high risk-high reward style isn't that effective anymore, and I also manage to catch a lot of online players off guard since nearly all of them see Lucina as a joke, seemingly forgetting that once you enter a certain %, she'll Ko you regardless of where she hits.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I like to surprise people when I play Lucina (she's one of my mains, of course). Though every time I beat somebody with her, they had the urge to switch to Marth and try to beat me, only for them to fail. This happens almost every time I win a match with Lucina, it's not even funny.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I like to surprise people when I play Lucina (she's one of my mains, of course). Though every time I beat somebody with her, they had the urge to switch to Marth and try to beat me, only for them to fail. This happens almost every time I win a match with Lucina, it's not even funny.
Ditto. Same happens to me, it's as if they are trying to tell you: "Lucina sucks! Go play a real character!"

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
You should add FG Kirbies to the poll. You know, the idiots who think that Stone is his only kill move and that Kirbycide is a valid strategy. As a Kirby main, I feel insulted whenever I run into one of these morons.

For now, FG Ness gets my vote. PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE

fehector

Smash Cadet
i cant decide. But i would say the average cpt. falcon. Aside from being overhyped, since the begining, i see to many rush down cpt. falcons without any thought during the game. at least Link switchers have some Ideas going through their head, when playing. But cpt. falcons are just running and attacking everything that is in their space. the irony is the char has a bad accuracy, even when grabbing, so u actually need to read your enemy. especially offstage where he is gold.

Last edited:

alexfang452

Smash Rookie
I believe FG Links and Little Macs are the worst ones seeing as both have good power. If you don't ko them asap, you'll be getting a lot of damage.

Another one that is not on the list is Olimar. I know they are rare, but when you find them they are annoying. One that I fought did grab, side b, roll, smash attack (1-4) times, repeat for all the matches we did. Also I think the player thinks he's/she's the best since the player taunted a lot. It's annoying when you have 1-3 pikmins on you and olimar goes in for a grab. It seems like there is few options you can do aside from running away.

Iridium

Smash Hero
For me, definitely Samus. I can't beat her when I have to deal with players who only fish for Charge Shot, even if Link has the tools to deal with it. Marios are not too problematic, but they try to style too much. Kirbies simply feel too annoying to fight, as some fish for Stone and don't come off as too good. Lastly, King Dedede, as I cannot deal with the Gordos they throw out all the time, and they think every stock they get is impressive when it is not.

Top Bottom