• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World Wide Smasher players favorite Maps

Lordsmash

Smash Apprentice
I just want to know why people from other places besides mexico, america, and Canada have there community setting there main map to like Dream land which most Japanese players I seen do. Chile loves dream land too. Germany smashers were playing Mario stage and Saffron. People in U K are sort of like north america, Hyrule then Dream land. Italian smashers were playing Donkey kong stage, and the Swedish nubs were playing Sector Z. Also, Japanese players are smarter then the stupid Mexicans, Canadians and Americans because they actually UPDATE there **** to play there weird 20% di smash. But there basic skill level is higher then american kaillera servers in my opinion. anyways who has ever played any one from dif countrys and had them play weird maps or weird settingz?

LOL I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STAGE IM ASKING WHAT COUNTRY SMASH COMMUNITY DO YOU KNOW OF THAT PLAY WHAT MAP!!!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Dreamland = No camping, thats the main reason I see for picking it over hyrule

And dont japanese have better skill, because they play a "easier comboing, harder DI-ing" game version

teganyavo

Smash Rookie
Depends on the character. I'd rather play against Fox on dreamland than hyrule, vice versa for falcon and pika. I disagree that Dreamland has less camping, as long as you assume that edgeguarding is a form of camping it's just as bad if not worse than Hyrule. Not downing either, I'm just saying it's all part of the game.

Saffron's my overall favorite cause of the multiple platform heights but it's all taste. I wish 64 had Delfino :p

dandan

Smash Lord
Well at least much less camping than hyrule i.e. on the sides
I think having no ledges sucks for mushroom castle
play vs a nonstop lasering fox on dreamland, and tell me it is better than hyrule.
fd for best stage (they also managed to stop the shooting stars now, so it is even better now imo)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I enjoy Dreamland more than Hyrule in friendlies because I prefer not camping in friendlies.

In a normal tournament, my favorite stage is Peach's castle followed by Hyrule.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Hyrule is default but I'm trying to play Saffron and Peach's Castle more.

Used to like Congo now I'm a bit 'eh' about it.

Also lol at SHDL spam on Dreamland, I think somebody on the Aus was arguing that it was impossible and that Fox sucks on Dreamland.

mr yo

Smash Cadet
I just want to know why people from other places besides mexico, america, and Canada have there community setting there main map to like Dream land which most Japanese players I seen do. Chile loves dream land too. Germany smashers were playing Mario stage and Saffron. People in U K are sort of like north america, Hyrule then Dream land. Italian smashers were playing Donkey kong stage, and the Swedish nubs were playing Sector Z. Also, Japanese players are smarter then the stupid Mexicans, Canadians and Americans because they actually UPDATE there **** to play there weird 20% di smash. But there basic skill level is higher then american kaillera servers in my opinion. anyways who has ever played any one from dif countrys and had them play weird maps or weird settingz?
WHY IS EVERYBODY TALKING ABOUT THE STAGES AND NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE RACIST AND INSULTING COMENTS IN LORDSMAS´S POST!?

maybe he didnt intended that way but it is still ofensive and he should edited

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
As AA said Hyrule is Aus' default stage but I personally prefer Dreamland. Saffron is pretty cool too, but other than myself and AA noone else is a fan of it.

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
I only play for fun so I enjoy playing on any stage although hyrule, dreamland, final destination, and peach's castle are my favorites.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
My favorite Stage is Planet Zabes

I've just remembered about those guys who where trying to change the standard settings to 10 Stock and 200% Damage

WHY IS EVERYBODY TALKING ABOUT THE STAGES AND NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE RACIST AND INSULTING COMENTS IN LORDSMAS´S POST!?
You shouldn't care if someone calls you names over the Internet, that's it.

DMoogle

A$

maybe he didnt intended that way but it is still ofensive and he should edited
I just saw a wall of text, I didn't actually read his post.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Favourite is Dreamland. I honestly think camping is a lot worse at Hyrule considering there's several camping spots, tornados and the **** tent, which means you're either on one side of the stage getting projectile camped and have to risk getting rapetent comboed or you're on the other side getting projectile camped and have to risk getting throw gimped. Of course it's always possible to sit back and camp yourself, and that's when people start to complain about campers and how they're no fun. The stage is the problem, not the mindset that the stage encourages people to adopt.

mr yo

Smash Cadet
My favorite Stage is Planet Zabes

I've just remembered about those guys who where trying to change the standard settings to 10 Stock and 200% Damage

You shouldn't care if someone calls you names over the Internet, that's it.

i wasnt personally ofended...im from Argentina. Nobody call me anything, i just thought you all should care at least a litle about that and make a comment. But it seems that you just dont care...

well dont worry, racism is not a big problem its just the cause of almost every war, and one the REAL justificacion of the current USA war (plus the demand of oil)...its also the cause of a lot of lawsuits and violent problems in USA and all the world...so never mind, just ignore that kind of coments.

Edit:

im not confusing terms, i was just using the word racism to make my point. But yes, you are right Nixxxon the word xenophobia applies much better to these situacion...

and yes Shootingstar: xenophobia, racism and religious prejudice are the cultural cause of almost every war....

the "real" cause is usually the ambition, money and power of a few; but thats another issue.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I thought battlefield was a "dark dreamland" with sh¡te ledges

also, I think Mr Yo is confusing the terms "racism" and "xenophobia"

Top Bottom