• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Channel purple was hela garbage tho sorry. I typically like that sound too it just doesnt work this time.

:phone:
Really? lol. I don't usually like C&S so this felt like something different for me. What is it that you usually like about it but don't like Channel Purple? That's very interesting that you say that.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
gotta be honest, the more I listen to Good Kid...the more it just simply blows my mind. this and Life is Good are what I needed to rejuvenate my faith in hip hop (haven't even listened to Channel Orange yet though)

my favorite tracks are Backstreet Freestyle (what an amazing hook) and Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst...the latter one is kinda weird because it is obviously two different songs. I don't really understand why they are one track. I might have to pay more attention to the lyrics to see if they are more interconnected than the others. The I'm Dying of Thirst section is so beautiful.

soap

Smash Hero
It sounds like he didn't screw the voice low enough, so it still sounds kinda like frank, but like, ********. Not really feeling how he chopped and reworked the beats either.

I liked what he did with Take Care. Like, real heavy and syrupy.

I wasn't even feelin Channel Orange as a Classic tho either to be honest. I like his normal singing voice, and he is a very interesting songwriter, alot of the songs just kinda missed me. Like the taxicab song for example. When he says Allah Akbaar, it just sounds really dumb as well as not sonically aesthetic. There is some cool stuff on the album definitely, like half the tracks kinda kill the vibe for me tho.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Lol. Those were the exact reasons I liked it. Like I said not a big fan of the chop and screw but I can definitely see why you would dislike it and I would.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I am officially a fan of Kendrick Lamar. There is not a song on his album I don't like. This is truly great quality. I'm really blown away. He is a beast...

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Is anybody gonna go watch the movie?

At first I was skeptic even with Tarantino's name on it. But, the more interviews with RZA and stories I read about the movie the more I look forward to watching this.

And I 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. the awesomeness of the Iron Fist Soundtrack

soap

Smash Hero
that currensy tape was cool

movie was hilarious. Russel Crowe pulls out his inner d-bag for this one, I loved it

I lol'ed when RZA says "Tiger Style?"

Turnerfield77

Smash Cadet
just recently got into Aesop Rock, im really enjoying it as well as immortal technique (although sometimes a tad depressing in the lyrics for some occasions) and outkast

soap

Smash Hero
ya I loved the first half of "Sing About Me/ Dying of thirst"

"Detroit" got some bangers, but I wouldn't call the whole thing a banger

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Pro Tools: $600
MPC Renaissance: $1300
MPC 5000: $1800

Anyone know anything about making beats? Wondering if this is a good start off point for someone trying to make beats. The MPC Renaissance is a "Music Production Controller" and the MPC 5000 is a "Music Production Center"...do you need both of these or are they the same thing?

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
uhhhh you do not need to drop that much money if you're just getting into production.

start off with software, buy hardware when you're informed enough to use it/sure you will be sticking with production for the long haul.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
ya i had to clear some space for that on my i pod.
kendricks weird robotic singing annoyed me at first but i realized that it fits in the overall cadence/concept of the songs.
its like he saying I dont sound the best but **** it this is how I sound and it least im trying. Im gonna continue cause for alot of people they dont have anybody speaking up for them.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Pro Tools: $600
MPC Renaissance: $1300
MPC 5000: $1800

Anyone know anything about making beats? Wondering if this is a good start off point for someone trying to make beats. The MPC Renaissance is a "Music Production Controller" and the MPC 5000 is a "Music Production Center"...do you need both of these or are they the same thing?
you DO NOT need all that to start producing, get some software and a controller keyboard ( you can find decent ones around 200~ even this is optional for starters) and familiarize yourself with the program. Quality eq =/= quality production.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
you DO NOT need all that to start producing, get some software and a controller keyboard ( you can find decent ones around 200~ even this is optional for starters) and familiarize yourself with the program. Quality eq =/= quality production.
What software would you recommend?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
uhmmm.. ableton, pro tools, FL

theres a ton of software, download some demos and see what interface you like. 9th wonder made amazing stuff with fruityloops. Try asking linguini he can prob tell you more than i can.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Game is a joke to me man. 50 practically created and ended him. Game really has only had one song since he left G-Unit and that was One Blood.

Top Bottom