• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I was actually thinking about buying the slaughterhouse album just to support it, but i've heard too many negative critiques. That, and the fact that I think they're overrated as a group. I've recently lost all interest in all of them so I'm pretty biased.

Jane

Smash Hero
2 chainz is actually coming here next month. let me know your thoughts on his performance soap, you may just be the deciding factor for me.

also, kendrick lamar on oct. 22nd :DDDDD i cannot ****ing wait. i'm going to try and be one of the first to arrive so i can be at the very very front :>

soap

Smash Hero
I was kinda being sarcastic, but I will check out his set

There is an afternoon block of 2 Chainz followed by Tyga, then Big Sean

I don't know who let these *****s rock the bells but I do like the occasional ignorant hype song. Putting them all in a row is gonna make me OD tho

Jane

Smash Hero
i think it would work well. i mean yeah, if you dont like that type of rap (and many heads dont), its gonna be bull**** on bull**** on bull****. but if you can at least tolerate that style, it should be a fun time, albeit a bit tedious. i would def be excited for big sean at least.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
So hype. That dude Arsonal actually retweeted my mixtape and then replied to me. Dude just won sooooo much more respect. Not only as a fan but as a human being.

soap

Smash Hero
Saw a bunch of legendary old *** *****s that are clearly just proffesional performers.

Wu-Tang, Bone Thugs, Ice Cube.

DMX is just such a real dude all around.

Big Sean, 2 Chainz and Cam all held it down too. Tyga is a$$..

Ready for Nas and Cole tomorrow. Gonna see Immortal Technique for the first time too.

:phone:

MBlaze

Smash Champion
So a lot of personal reviews for Slaughterhouse tend to be bad meanwhile their ratings from critics seem raving... why am I not surprised at this.

I'll have to listen to the album later, probably the reason why it sounds so different to people is one thing I seen up here, they're not being all bragadocious instead of actually having concepts.. People might have just been expecting another mixtape with that album or something.. no idea. lol

I'll listen to it later though, their mixtape was completely fine so I'm waiting to see what's wrong with this; hoping for not too many tracks like My Life...

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Arsonal is one of the best battle rappers in the game right now.

@Oreo wtf? If I was becoming annoying and whatnot you shoulda said so I woulda stopped. No need to go around blocking people and ****.

Jane

Smash Hero
damn, bodied by everyone, including the producer. i especially enjoyed black thought's verse. havent heard that cat in a whiiile.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If somebody would be so kind as to critique my project it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Slaughterhouse mixtape > Slaughterhouse album.

Slaughterhouse is the best rap group in the game and Shady is the hardest hitting label. GOOD isn't even ****ing with Shady. Anybody care to object?
No.

TDE >

Slaughterhouse are ****. Royce is horrifically bad, Joell thinks he is better than he really is, Crooked is a horrible artist. Joe is the only one who is genuinely a star.

2 chainz is actually coming here next month. let me know your thoughts on his performance soap, you may just be the deciding factor for me.

also, kendrick lamar on oct. 22nd :DDDDD i cannot ****ing wait. i'm going to try and be one of the first to arrive so i can be at the very very front :>
Do whatever you can to get to the front. Kendrick live >

Jane

Smash Hero
im actually planning on getting there a few hours before doors open for that exact reason. im too salty about having missed kendrick during drake's tour, so i have to make up for it by being one of the first in line for this.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Yeah Jane get on that ****. I missed him at Northwestern and I was so ****ing pissed. For some reason they had him like in the middle of the day instead of headlining which was bull****.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
No.

TDE >

Slaughterhouse are ****. Royce is horrifically bad, Joell thinks he is better than he really is, Crooked is a horrible artist. Joe is the only one who is genuinely a star.

Do whatever you can to get to the front. Kendrick live >
I think all these accusations against Slaughterhouse are a bit harsh, but that's just me. Judging from the On the House Mixtape or even in general... Royce da 5'9" is horrifically bad, Joell thinks that just like 95% of all the other rappers in the game, I'll give you Crooked. Crooked is an extremely profound and talented lyricist but I don't think he knows what he's doing when it comes to making an actual record on his own of value.

Joey, agreed, I don't really think there are going to be too many objections to that one.

What else I do agree with you on though is TDE > all. It's like each member from that group drops quality *** albums one after the other; I ****s with them heavily.

soap

Smash Hero
That whole Lupe Chief Keef thing is so funny to me.

After Lupe really does break down like a little hoe *** *****.. Chief Keef says his twitter was 'hacked'.

That's why Twitter is *****-made. There is no accountability.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I was reading about that ordeal. Lupe went into ***** mode imo by saying he was gonna retire after this album. Lupe is my favorite rapper but got damn why can't he ever be in the spotlight for something positive? Like when he climbed mt kilimanjaro. Dude is all over the place saying he doesnt like obama, he doesnt like the culture chief keef represents, beefing with a magazine cause they didnt like ***** bad, beefing with atlantic over an album, then saying you hate the album when people dont like it and on and on and on and on . I mean seriously c'mon Lu!

Chief Keef is a ***** though. That's that **** I don't like. This dude straight dissed Kanye after Kanye made his **** known. I mean seriously? Why is Hip-hop filled with this bull****?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Albie I thought you had more vids?
I decided to reinvent myself as an artist.
Changed my name and made a new Youtube account as well.

That's why I really need you guys (and anyone you know who would support my music) to help get my name out there/get my subscribers and overall fanbase moving again~

I can't exactly spill the beans on what I've got instore yet, but just know with the right support....****'s about to get real for the average~

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I decided to reinvent myself as an artist.
Changed my name and made a new Youtube account as well.

That's why I really need you guys (and anyone you know who would support my music) to help get my name out there/get my subscribers and overall fanbase moving again~

I can't exactly spill the beans on what I've got instore yet, but just know with the right support....****'s about to get real for the average~
Yea I could probably get you some views and subscribers and stuff like that. Be sure to check our stuff out http://www.youtube.com/user/281Champ?feature=mhee

also, do you have a facebook fan page? twitter? or reverbnation page?

T3h Albino

Smash Master

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom