• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Waka is the best at what he does.
Diddy made a really good move at signing MGK lol i watch his videos of him on tour and stuff he is mad funny.
And Earl is a beast thank goodness he is back home lol i think him and casey veggies and tyler are about to drop some stuff really soon
I still dont see how you can put Gambino over Kanye lol.He is mad funny comedian though
Did anyone watch the link i posted on my earlier post^^Its actually pretty good :D

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
as far as OF goes, I'm not super interested in any of them as much as I was except for Hodgy and by extension Mellowhype. Earl and Tyler work well together but on their own I'm not crazy about em...and then beyond that i haven't heard enough good stuff to really say.

also idk what the hell i was thinking back in the day when i didn't like Talib Kweli at all. dude is a complete maestro at his work

Jane

Smash Hero
What do people think of Die Antwoord? I love their music, I think they're raw as hell. Plus their Zef flow that they've adapted from their native South African culture is pretty freakin sweet. But... What do you guys think of Yolandi (the chick)? I'm in an awkward *** position O.o... She's ugly as hell but for some strange reason I find her so damn sexy, it's unfathomable. Like in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegdR0GiJl4&ob=av2e something, I DON'T KNOW WHAT, about her... It's so weird...
yes! another fan! i made a post about them a little bit ago but no one responded. and about yolandi, i semi agree with you. she's not what you would call "my type", but something about her is very attractive to me. i wouldn't say shes "ugly as hell" tho, lol. here's my post

have any of you guys ever listened to die antwoord? theyre a south african hip hop group, and theyre very... different. its made up of a dude (ninja), a girl (yo-landi), and their producer, dj hi-tek. i ****ing love them. i hate linking to VEVO but their music videos are awesome and i want you guys to see, so...

die antwoord - enter the ninja
(this is their most known song so maybe you've heard it before)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegdR0GiJl4

here is their strangest music video of all
die antwoord - i fink u freaky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw

aaand here is a short 15 minute film that they made in collaboration with harmony korrine, the dude that made movies such as "kids" and "gumbo". its called Umshini Wam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMVNjMF1Suo

^if you dont feel like watching though, at least listen to this beat that was featured in the movie. i really really really like this beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X89kFNFiueQ#t=1m19s
and while i was digging up that post, i found this

anyways, here's an absolutely ******** song I'm working on. it's like, evil Sega Genesis Industrial Disco Choral music.

http://tindeck.com/listen/vvxy
and just wanna say, luigi, keep posting your stuff in here, i really enjoy it.

I'd personally say, all around, if I was asked, Gambino > Kanye. The fact of the matter is, Donald Grover has proven to be incredibly well rounded, what with his writing career for SNL and his role as Troy in Community being two of his biggest acting breakthroughs, PLUS his talent as a rapper? Plus he has no illuminati conspiracies with em so :ohwell:. But either way Gambino's a young dude so only time will tell where he takes his career.
DG is definitely very talented, but the amount of stuff he does outside of rap doesnt really matter when youre discussing donald vs kanye as rappers. what matters is their skill, durability in the game (which is something DG hasnt had time to prove yet), quality of their beats, etc.

and for the record i think kanye > childish gambino easily. the way i see it, he'll have to drop at least one classic before he can get near ye.

I don't know. If MGK goes Brick Squad I might start listening to Waka more.

Waka is dope.
Yup said it.
Get at me.

FLOCKA!
agreed. flocka is dope. he makes some of the most hype rap of of this age.

case in point -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEOw2DvpWrg&skipcontrinter=1

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
God's Father seriously goes hard. It's the best based mixtape since White Flame

it's also 90% non-gimmick, serious vibe songs

also Lil B's prolific and constant output puts a lot of artist's to shame. dude has a 20+ song mixtape on a near monthly basis. I've been into the guy for about a year or so, have 200 songs of his and that's barely scratching the surface.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@Jane you're seriously the first person I know of that likes em. I Fink You're Freaky's good as hell too lol, and I only found this out a few days ago but they use their kid in that video... I don't think I'd ever subject my children to that :p. But they're freaking good. Massively unappreciated imo.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
They make next level beats with PC computers.

Naw but for real, they're pretty damn straight. Their songs are catchy as hell, I appreciate their ability to keep their South African Zef lifestyle and incorporate that with their music. Plus, Yolandi is sexy as hell (still don't get why but she is...). They're not trying to keep up an image, they're not really trying to be THE BEST, they're really just looking to be themselves and make music... and I think they do a good job at it.

Linguini

Smash Master
saw 9th wonder spinning live at a small lounge last night....only like 60-70 people and I got in for free. i was standing directly infront of him it was nuuuuts, basically like having 9th as your personal dj for 3 hours. started out with contemporary **** and worked his way down to the 70's and then back up.

honestly it was unreal, the man is a legend. got to talk with him afterwards and he is such a humble guy. you can tell he does everything out of love for the art form of hip hop. probably the best show ive ever been to.

****!!!!!

Jane

Smash Hero
olimar ballad... i read it in the style that you would a rap song though.

This ballad begins in character select.
It was not meta I chose to perfect,
Or Falco, or Diddy, or Solid Snake,
All these frauds I decide to forsake ,
For I play a charcter with grabs like Haggar,
Tremble mortals, for the one I speak of is Olimar.

Veteran spacefarer of Hocotate Freight,
The good captain fearlessly charges into the fight,
Trailing behind him an army of much diversity,
Each one specialized to deal with any adversity.
A variety of colors: blue, yellow, purple, white and red.
To wantonly approach Olimar will quickly get you dead.

The match is on Smashville, the countdown begins.
Olimar lands his ship, and plucks out three friends.
He looks to his right, the opponent is clear.
Metaknight lands fiercely, but Oli does not fear.
The first move is made, from Meta a quick stab,
But Olimar shields strongly and quickly, a grab.

The captain now has the winged fiend in his grip,
The blue pikmin holding him begins to flip.
Pummeling the bat, it refuses to relent,
And the knight wonders from which hell this monster was sent,
Until the azure beast hears Olimar's direction over the sound,
And viciously tosses the masked menace off solid ground.

The bat, as it is wont, begins to glide back,
In it's brain a sly plan, an unexpected glide attack.
Quickly he flies, but is Olimar doomed to this fate?
Nay! The brilliant tactician has merely been bait!

Filling his lungs with a mighty breath,
Olimar lets lose a piercing whistle to avoid death.
The warrior from Warpstar is left awestruck,
and to Olimar's soldiers is but a sitting duck.
With one gesture skyward the purple giant arose,
He the favorite perhaps, dear to all Oli-bros.
And sent to the heavens with one mighty slam
the overpowered bat, and all began to jam.

But the knight came back, he had two stocks more,
And planned to take advantage of our hero's recovery, 'twas poor.
With transcendent priority strong in his edge,
The foul Meta began to drive Oli back to the ledge.
Despite many an fsmash and grab so well placed,
Soon the stage was to run out of space.

Our champion cornered, with nary an inch to spare,
Did something amazing, he did it with flair.
As quick in his mind as he was on his feet,
The stratagem he enacted was truly elite.
With an empty hop bait to draw his foe near
Olimar grabbed quickly while screaming," No fear!"

The shocked bat tornadoed but the yellow's grip was true,
The tactic was risky, but there is no try, only do.
Olimar quickly threw back the vile tyke
Then promptly jumped and nailed a white spike.
The knight subdued, his jaw dropped in awe,
No one could believe what they just saw.

Coming back off angelic platform the bat landed,
Only to be met by pikmin tost underhanded.
The barrage like a wall he could not pierce,
Olimar's army was loyal and fierce.
As the bat's percent rose, so too did his anger.
To this fortress how could he pose any danger?

The one stock hung like a bleak empty moon,
And the timer was clearly ending quite soon.
Faced with frustration, numbers, and overwhelming skill,
Led to Meta's rising sodium and wavering will.
An overwhelming difference like a bottomless pit,
L, R, A, Start, the conclusive rage quit.

The battle is over, the victor stands clear.
The good captain, loved by all most dear.
The music plays, while we salute the star,
Veteran spacefarer of Hocotate Freight, Captain Olimar.

-T

courtesy of Turazrok

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
So we did a performance at our school's Fashion show and we had the people chanting CBS Up! before we even got out there. Swaggity!!!!

They messed our performance up though. Right after my verse they turnt off the lights and stopped the music. So we had the crowd chanting CBS Up! with us. Anyways, check out this video of our performance. And because it was a fashion show I went in shorts and t-shirt to piss everybody off.

Comic Book Superheroes is the mu****in' crew!!!

No Capes Needed coming REAL SOON!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTJRroU6YtY

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Went to go see T.I. Didn't get in the Club cause they was charging $100 to get in. But I did get to see him. He had his window down as he pulled up to the club. At that moment, that was my perfect time to hand him my mixtape but I was just froze. So, I'm feeling a bit sad because I felt like that was the perfect opportunity. It motivated me as well because I really wanna be in his position. I want it so bad, so so bad!

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
You should do shows at clubs and find sponsors and stuff. I'm friends with local rappers here...do you honestly think t.i would listen to or accept someones mixtape?

:phone:

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Yea I know. But i'm more salty at myself though, for freezing up. I would have at least felt better knowing I tried rather than letting the chance pass me by.. But I'm over it now pimpin... I'm super motivated...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Datpiff crashed before that dropped though. But it could still be before that but it crashed like 4-5 hours ago.. Either way the ****s funny. I'm not dlin that ****.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm not surprised. Nas has been on guest features that make me go "Really, Nas?"

And I'm a fan of Krit. ***** is really nice and consistance. I got put on by 4EvaNADay, but ****, Return of 4Eva is just as ****ing dope.

Top Bottom