• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
lil boy still pushin big wheels....baby boy da prince... only remember cuz he would shout out his name in the beginning.

I just watched blu's blu review hahaha. I already got my tix tho. Still gotta see this *** myself. I was kind of picturing his performance to be how you described it. I'll just make sure I smoke up to get in the mood.

that does make me curious tho. What is the best hip hop show you've been to? that goes out to everybody. I haven't been to many. But I have to say Lupe really impressed me live. He was fasting cuz it was ramadan and nearly passed out from going so hard. when the sun set he stopped and ate a sandwich while the band took turn doing solos.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
lil boy still pushin big wheels....baby boy da prince... only remember cuz he would shout out his name in the beginning.

I just watched blu's blu review hahaha. I already got my tix tho. Still gotta see this *** myself. I was kind of picturing his performance to be how you described it. I'll just make sure I smoke up to get in the mood.

that does make me curious tho. What is the best hip hop show you've been to? that goes out to everybody. I haven't been to many. But I have to say Lupe really impressed me live. He was fasting cuz it was ramadan and nearly passed out from going so hard. when the sun set he stopped and ate a sandwich while the band took turn doing solos.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion

lol i'm really hating this nigga right now.

Lupe might be the best performer i seen also. he was hittin backflips and shit across the stage. him and the whole band damn near passed out during his performance. people laid out all over the stage, still playing their instruments while he was laid out, rappin Daydream. Big Boi would have to be a close second. He reallllllly got the crowd into, performing old outkast songs, stuff from his new album, and moving all around the stage to get everyone's attention.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Jay-Z for me, honestly. His huge catalogue makes every song have that "Ohhhh, I remember this ****!" factor.

And Big Pimpin's always an event, lmao.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Pump It Up is a straight club classic. Every time it gets played in the club it gets love. And I get possessed lol. I was out on Friday and they played Clubbin' haha I got mad hyped but then they cut it before Joe's verse.

Jane that song feels mad nostalgic. Loved that song too, he dropped another song around that time, just can't remember it's name that I really liked too.

I always knew Blu wasn't a hype performer but sad to hear he was that bad lol. Premier is the best dude I've seen live. Just legendary. Cole concert was a mad cool experience too, he's a great performer and has that innate ability to engage an audience. Joell was hype too, definitely connected. Royce was quite boring in comparison.

Waiting for that Blu vid Blu. You about to change your username lol?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I always knew Blu wasn't a hype performer but sad to hear he was that bad lol. Premier is the best dude I've seen live. Just legendary. Cole concert was a mad cool experience too, he's a great performer and has that innate ability to engage an audience. Joell was hype too, definitely connected. Royce was quite boring in comparison.

Waiting for that Blu vid Blu. You about to change your username lol?
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1638639401968&comments

...and there ya go.

I've been contemplating changing my username. Just took his music off my ipod. I'm like mad salty right now. From now on, I'm only going to mainstream concerts. If they suck, at least there's girls to look at/talk to. I'd only go to underground concerts if i KNOW they're gonna do good. Wasn't too sure about blu since i've barely seen any vids of his performances but, straight up, this nigga sucks at performing.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1638639401968&comments

...and there ya go.

I've been contemplating changing my username. Just took his music off my ipod. I'm like mad salty right now. From now on, I'm only going to mainstream concerts. If they suck, at least there's girls to look at/talk to. I'd only go to underground concerts if i KNOW they're gonna do good. Wasn't too sure about blu since i've barely seen any vids of his performances but, straight up, this nigga sucks at performing.
You're really gonna do all that because of the concert? Sheeshhhh lol

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Seriously. a bad concert experience doesn't make the music any less enjoyable. I'm sure Blu (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't care whether or not his music is on your ipod. plus, who cares if "hipsters" were there ruining your "vibe"

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
A bad concert experience does impact the way you look at an artist on the whole. I'm sure Blu does care if people are listening to his music. If they're not he's doing something wrong.

When did he mention hipsters? I haven't seen the vid so if he did then my bad.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
A bad concert experience does impact the way you look at an artist on the whole. I'm sure Blu does care if people are listening to his music. If they're not he's doing something wrong.

When did he mention hipsters? I haven't seen the vid so if he did then my bad.
In the first post about the concert he said the place was full of hipsters and there were no girls.

Also, sure, yeah, I'm sure Blu cares if people listen to music but I don't think he will lose sleep over one person being butthurt about a concert experience. It won't effect him either way. It's not like he can un-purchase the albums (if he even purchased them to begin with)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If he's consistently putting on bad shows he'll keep alienating fans and losing future potential revenue. Pretty straight forward.

Someone like Cole who has been touring heavily and putting on great shows is only going to strengthen and increase his buzz and fan base which will benefit him in the future when he puts out a product.

Jay-Z doesnt care

Alby does
Looool.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
If he's consistently putting on bad shows he'll keep alienating fans and losing future potential revenue. Pretty straight forward.

Someone like Cole who has been touring heavily and putting on great shows is only going to strengthen and increase his buzz and fan base which will benefit him in the future when he puts out a product.

Looool.
True, but I still don't understand why you wouldn't want to listen to the music still. The mp3s sound exactly like they did before the concert.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Detox doesn't have a release date again? :glare:

Come the **** on, man. Detox is gonna be so ****ing bad. Lasers all over again.

Also, did anyone realize that March was just as much as a fail for music as January?

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Linguini was supposed to make a beat for the mega collab. Idk what happened. Somebody needs to make a beat before we can talk mega collab.

rhan

Smash Hero
I know a guy.. That makes beats.. or would let me use his software.

He charges people but I might be able to get a free bro discount.

Jane

Smash Hero
so i'm gonna go see lil wayne, nicki, and rick ross.

im very excited to see all three, but im extra excited to see ricky rozay. he's become quite a favorite for me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I know a guy.. That makes beats.. or would let me use his software.

He charges people but I might be able to get a free bro discount.
Charges people? wtf

what software does he have?

I have Reason 4 but I don't really ever make hip hop beats. I could try it out but won't get back to you guys unless I make something bangin

rhan

Smash Hero
It's his hustle. He's pretty much a young producer and actually turned his bedroom into a studio. So he pretty much charges studio time and all that.

I'll ask him what software he uses. I remember back when he had Fruity Loops but he might have upgraded since then.

Top Bottom