• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Working on a falco trick video

LLDL

Smash Hero
Edit 3-19-09 - Bad news guys. I had to perform a PC recovery on my computer because of instability. I've lost use of the net and alot of apps on my main computer, and windows movie maker is acting up. Don't worry, I still have all the clips and project files, but it may take me a bit longer than expected. I probably won't have it done by this week :(

Hey guys. I've finally gotten up to that point in Melee, where I'm just a pretty average falco, but I know how to do every trick, ledge trick, counter, combo, and I pretty much know all about falco, but I just need to work on my speed and mindgames. I have seen videos showing off all the falco tricks and tips and techskill, but I've never seen an All in 1, inclusive falco video in high quality that shows people and properly explains how to do every trick, inlcuding hand movements.

I have alot of footage of me performing the steps to each trick

suck as DROP - shine-Firebird-ledgegrab
Double lazer off the edge
firebird on the edge
you know, going from Basic - to advanced falco tricks.

I'm about half done with the editing, but I just want to know before hand if you guys would like a video like that. The video would be aimed at players who have all the basic advanced techniques down, but don't know where to go from there.

I can finish in about a week if you guys want it :) I'll just re-name the title of the thread and update.

I have a directors account on youtube, so it would be like 30 mins, and I could use annotations so you can skip from section to section.

I separated into sections.

offensive menuvers
defensive menuevers
edgeguard tricks
shine tricks
shine combos
mindgames
lazer game

PK Webb

Smash Champion
this would be great i would love it because i just picked up falco tuesday. Ummmm i will have a critique vid tuesday or wednesday

LLDL

Smash Hero
alright then, I've started on it, and since at least one person wants it, Ill try to finish it by next week. You guys can let the thread alone for the next few days , and I'll bump it once the link is posted.

Jizzaster

Smash Rookie
uh yea good idea chain. im in the same situation as you. the only thing my falco lacks is good defensive maneuvering. like the minute i get overwhelmed by combos i kinda stop DI'ing. thats about it tho.

Mohammedh94

Smash Rookie
Im game for it, I just started smash and im interested can't wait to check it out dude

-Referencing-
Silent Wolf said:
Advanced Fox and Falco Shine Tricks~ (X = area with tons of potential)

1 - Edge-jump canceled shine (Out of shield from solid dash or wavedash) - Fall a bit shine turn around - Up-B stall - Note: If done on the rock on Kong Jungle, you instantly acquire instant wall jump thus enabling reverse laser re-grab - X

2 - Edge-jump canceled shine (Out of shield from solid dash or wavedash) - Fall until low, double laser spacing, shine turn around - Double laser away from stage barely onto stage - Land - Shine turn around fall past ledge/Turn around jab if yo want to continue on the level instead - X

3 - Shine during jump upon platform instant land (Routine on Metroid Adventure??) - Short hopped edge canceled aerial - X (Instant Shine Side B cancel into immediate waveland? Unlikely)

4 - (Before leaving dash dance range) Dash JC shine out of shield turn around SHFFL/Shine reverse laser (Reverse waveshine)

5 - [Stadium Tree transformation] Short hop shine wall jump instant waveland on tree - Regular routine (Ignore)

6 - Triple wall jump on Corneria - X (Maybe throw in shines or a waveland at the top...?)

7 - Moonwalk JC shine - X (Or wavedash into moon walk and do the shine out of shield. The wavedash makes it so the shield doesn't stop your momentum as opposed to when it stops when done during dash animation)

8 - Triple Shinespike out of shield - turn around ledge re-grab with firefox stall without your jump

9 - Shine during jump upon platform instant land, also, hit with the top of the shine as fox and JC into usmash. hit with the top with falco at low percents on spacies and land then jump into short hopped uair) - Or just waveshine twice and gimp, too many possibilities. If you had a turnip or other item you jump jump above the platform - Shine right above it to instantly land - JC throw item - Shinespike/Shine under them, waveland on platform - Fall through onto them with dair - X

Before various shine out of shields you could throw in turn cancels as well. Turn canceling is when you cancel the turn animation by either jumping or shielding. A lot of these shines can be turned around in as well.

I figure maybe If I give away some things I'll be doing that are..unconventional maybe others will pick them up and perfect them and make a video so I'll be more motivated to make one. Either way I'll make one this summer with all these perfected and then some. I haven't been practicing too much as of late, but all I do is think about the game so I've gotten a lot better and understand how everything works now. More people need to get the drive to want to be unbearably technical at this game. If more people did, sooner than you would think even more would come up after that once the technical bar is raised once more. So who wants to help me..

Top Bottom