• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wondering???

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
I 've asked this on the list of spikes thread on the tatical dicovery thread bu t didn't get an answer yet. I'm wonderin if Sheiks Down smash is a spike. The reason is because today I was play CPU peach right. I knocked her off the stage and she then grabbed on to the ledge.

I then pulled out the d smash and it sent Peach flying downwards in a diagonal direction.

IS it concered a spike if so it should be placed on as a spike for sheik right ?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I suppose it might be able to stagespike if you hit someone who's holding onto the ledge, but it's not a real meteor nor does it actually have downward trajectory normally....

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
The D-Smash typically sends the opponent at ~45 degree angle (can be DI'ed heavily up or down). It probably happened to be a stagespike in your situation like Ankoku said (since I have never witnessed the D-Smash spiking someone that wasn't on a ledge). Similarly, running off and U-Air'ing someone holding onto the ledge also spikes them, and we obviously know that the U-Air does not spike :)

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Sheik HAS a spike. It's nearly worthless in its knockback and very difficult to pull off, but it exists. Sheik's Uptilt, the first hit, if you hit someone who is coming from below, it knocks them downwards. The knockback is very low (isn't fatal even at 150+), but it is definitely a spike.

Top Bottom