• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Won the first UK tournament with wario (vids up)

Aiko

Smash Champion
Just thought I'd let you guys know, showing wario is the still the king!

Didn't lose a single game with wario in the tournament. 3-0 marth and toon link in the finals. Lots of wario gimping and fart kills. Vids will be posted when theyre up.

EDIT: videos!

Winners final:
http://www.vsfighting.com/play.php?vid=313

TKI Montage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIGhhwgtY9c
I'm the guy with the grey jacket, black hair. You can see me in the 3rd photo looking at the camera :D The wario is me too :p

Ace55

Smash Lord
Aiko, cha cha cha, Aiko, cha cha cha, Aiko, cha cha cha, Aiko, cha cha cha!

Celebration time, come on, let's celebrate (it's a celebration), etc, etc.

Aiko

Smash Champion
it was the first UK brawl touranment with a turnout of around 25-30. btw that is the average UK turnout, I know its not as big as the american ones which have like hundreds of players. GAwes was here though.

Aiko

Smash Champion
managed to get some vids of me in the winners final. the link is on the first post.
finals isn't up yet :( I def played better in the finals though :D

Aiko

Smash Champion
hey, this was in sunderland, just a little from newcastle.

where are you from? I can probably get you involved with smashers near you. feel free to pm me to continue this :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
there's asian people in the UK?
No, they just did the tournament in a California Movie Set that LOOKS like the UK. :p Cmon, don't ask silly questions like that when you know the answer, duh.

You play Wario pretty good. I would suggest being more careful with Bairs when you are close to the ground and work a bit on timing some of your dodging (Air dodging and Spot dodging to be specific.) I saw a few times where it looked like you got anxious and dodged too soon.

You do a lot of things well with him, I could tell that Marth was struggling against you. :)

Popertop

Smash Champion
it seemed to me that the marth didn't know what he was doing or didn't know how to fight a Wario, but that could have also been mindgames by you and stuff.
good job on going undefeated.

Ace55

Smash Lord
First match was disappointing (mostly due to the Marth). Second match was pretty good, but I still felt the Marth wasn't spectaculary good.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wes told me about this a little while ago; 'grats. I'll definitely take a look at your videos today.

EDIT: That Marth wasn't good. He didn't know how to recover at all, nor how to keep you away well.

You know what you're doing, though. Good stuff.

Also, copyright infringement; I use yellow WarioWare Wario. IT'S MIIIIIIIIIIIIINE >:0

Weruop

Smash Ace
ncie wario. buti think oce u use f smash a certain amount of times, it loses power and that power cant be regained. u like to f smash after easrials a lot. maybe mix it up a little more and just save those f smashes for higher percentages. that wa uc an KO enemies with it at like 20% lower damage than they usually have. or d smash is good too but be careful. nontheless, awesome wario. probly better than mine.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
congrats!

but 9it lookd like it was on a small screen, wouldnt it be on a large screem should it be a huge UK tournament?

Aiko

Smash Champion
it was on a reasonably sized screen, maybe the video gives the wrong impression. I was happy with it :)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
That's incredible! You ***** that Marth! I wish I could do that! I love how Wario is still vastly unpopular even though he is such a good character! I hope people don't jump on the bandwagon. I started playing Wario because he is hands down the most fun character in Brawl.

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
Nice. Just nice, Aiko. Congrats, too! You're the quickest Wario I've seen yet. I still need to boost the speed of mine.

kynelius

Smash Rookie
nice wario

that is one mean wario you got der. if you have seen futile hes pretty good too, and i can't decide which is better, any tips for someone trying to hop BACK on the wario *** kicking bandwagon? i know i need to spot dodge and airdodge more, and downsmash less, but what are some pro tips for a novice like myself?(not a n00b but can definitely improve)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
that is one mean wario you got der. if you have seen futile hes pretty good too, and i can't decide which is better, any tips for someone trying to hop BACK on the wario *** kicking bandwagon? i know i need to spot dodge and airdodge more, and downsmash less, but what are some pro tips for a novice like myself?(not a n00b but can definitely improve)
Need videos first... each person has their own flaws.

Top Bottom