• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Won 2nd place as wario

GracieBarraJitsu

Smash Rookie
Yea... I was a bit stupid on the finals, since I decided not to use Wario, although I'd have lost with him either way.

I used snake for the final, since I was up against a kid called Brian who mains metaknight. This kid is otherworldly with metaknight lol, and I knew he'd destroy my wario (my wario still needs more work).

But yea, glad I could place in the money :D Just wanted to share.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yea... I was a bit stupid on the finals, since I decided not to use Wario, although I'd have lost with him either way.

I used snake for the final, since I was up against a kid called Brian who mains metaknight. This kid is otherworldly with metaknight lol, and I knew he'd destroy my wario (my wario still needs more work).

But yea, glad I could place in the money :D Just wanted to share.
Local/small tourney or a big one? Either way, gj! Maybe get some vids up for constructive criticism.

GracieBarraJitsu

Smash Rookie
I did not take video of the tournament. I would make a video of myself playing, but I am still working on certain things.

I never played melee much. I was a 64 fan. I just love wario for his personality, he's hilarious, and I've always used him in mario party, so I guess he was my natural choice. But when I felt his control in the air, that's what got me stuck...

I almost became a Jigglypuff main, after feeling how comfortable I am with her in the air, but when I found wario to do the same, I was caught.

Anyway, I really need to practice my fast falling, it's something I don't do at all, which is horrible. I need to practice my pressuring a bit, and definitely need to practice my Uair timing.

Although, I've got the shrothop Dair already in the bar, and my timing for the fart, and for the Fsmash is right on. I never really implement the jab, which I need to start doing, nor do I really use the Dtilt, which I think could also be usefull in certain situations.

I think what makes a wario is the Dair, Fsmash, and the rest of his arials.

Top Bottom