• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's voice?

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Who here thinks Wolf will use his American voice from Assault? What about his original pseudo-European Star Fox 64 voice? Does anyone (perhaps one of the European smashers) know where on earth his accent is from? I'm trying to locate some samples of him from 64, but I'm coming up blank...:urg:

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
I think it's pretty much a given that all the Starfox characters will use their Assault voices, since Alesia Glidewell said she's still playing Krystal in the game. That's a good thing to me anyways because I thought the Assault voices were the best ones.

On Wolf's 64 voice, I think it's just a normal British accent like Krystal has.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
I actually like Wolf's voice in Assault a lot more.

Oh, apparently the Japanese voices are also the ones in Assault.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i liked wolf's voice in assault. it was gritty, just like a rival gun for hire merc leader's should.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Eh, I don't care either way. Both were good. I'm not sure which I liked more, though... I want to say SF64's, but that's probably only because that one had better quotes. The only real good Wolf quote in Assault (as far as I can remember and IMO) is in my signature.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Most of voices in both 64 and Assult were good just poor execution.

Just like American voiced Naruto......

Darkslash

Smash Master
Most of voices in both 64 and Assult were good just poor execution.

Just like American voiced Naruto......
Hey at least its not as Bad as 4kids(shudders)

Any ways I hoep its a mixture of 64 and Assault. Because Peppy really didn't sound like a southern rabbit. just some British guy :(

Darkslash

Smash Master
You know After Hearing Wolf talking in Assault he sounds like he has a Canadian Accent?????
I dunno but Wolf sounds alot like a Canadian From Brit Columbia more than a American.

Maph

Smash Cadet
Oh really?

I haven't heard his Assault voice before. I happen to be a Canadian from British Columbia, so if anyone has a vid I could give you a good analysis.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Im hoping for the N64 voice...

americans never make good voice overs...were too used to hearing our own accents..its no fun :D

Maph

Smash Cadet
Thanks Ookami.

Yeah, I'd have to agree, that sounds pretty western Canadian to me, not to be confused with Northwestern Canadian.

Swords

Smash Rookie
Hmm how would he sound like in combat though, that voice would work for his taunts but battle cries or something X_X

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Fox's assault voice was terrrrrrible. I'm an acting major, and I know bad voice acting when I hear it. :(

I don't remember anything about Wolf's voice-- which probably means it was good.

Maph

Smash Cadet
Epsilon, I'm going to assume that you're not aware of the many different accents that Canadians have. We're so **** big it's pretty hard not to have several accents among us. Wolf sounds Western Canadian.

Maph

Smash Cadet
Well there's not a whole lot of difference between Western Canadian, and, actually I was going to say Oregonians (I visit relatives in Oregon quite often), but they do speak a little differently. It's not really the way the words sound so much as the choice of words really.

If you want to hear some heavy Canadian accents you should watch the movie Strange Brew. It's a pretty good movie. It shows off more of an East Coast accent though.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Im hoping for the N64 voice...

americans never make good voice overs...were too used to hearing our own accents..its no fun :D
WRONG!!!!!!!!! David Hayter is one of the best voice actors of out time....he even won an award for it! i think it was an emmy or something...im not sure...

The rest of the voices in Assault were pretty good...or i have a bad memory...

Maph

Smash Cadet
Sweet lord! That was horrible.

I'm kind of glad I never played past Starfox 64.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
I was able to get the Star Wolf part of the Lylat Cruise taunt translated.

1st
Panther:a space battle, this suites me...
Leon: wolf is fighting so courageously! With those long claws, sharp teeth, a wild fighter that has forgotten about all other things. When he targets things, they will always fall.
Panther: hey leon?
Leon: I'm not praising him... no I'm not...*laugh*

2nd
Panther: you really have angered me. Prepare to die/fight.
Falco: You are so annoying...
Leon: Childish bird, Die in front of me.
Slippy: oh no! Flaco's going to die!
Falco: shut up, in a time like this you must fight till the end! Don't lay a hand on my kill.

3rd
Krystal: the stars are very beautiful
Panther: it compare to your beauty krystal
Krystal: oh panther, well said.
Panther: in all this space it was fate that we were brought together, accept these red feelings from me.
Falco: Stop sucking up. It makes me mad.

4th
leon: a blue planet... these planets are good too.
Slippy: yeah.. a planet with water is really nice. Because, we animals need water to keep our skin from becoming dry right leon?
leon: don't compare me to a frog.
Slippy: but your tongue does stretch out right?
Leon: Don'r compare me to a frog!!!

Also.
Wolf: Asobi wa owari da, Star Fox! means "Play time is over, Star Fox!"

Viroxor

Smash Ace
God, I can't stand the VA in Adventures! It makes me want to kill myself! Not even kidding, whoever did the casting should go crawl into a small hole and die, right now. AGH!

I liked the voices in Assault, although some of them seemed too much different. Peppy wasn't southern, Slippy sounded like an 8-year-old boy instead of a girl, Falco just kind of lost his arrogance he had in SF64. "Me? I hate cold." SF64 Falco would never complain about the cold. And Leon just sounded ********. Sgt. Johnson+Leon Powalski=epic fail. Scully was alright as Panther, though. But they should have stuck with the traditional VA style for Leon, everyone liked him better that way.

Actually, Grant Goodeve as Wolf was the only voice in there that I thought was above average, even though I liked British Wolf. It was a good voice-over, but still too different for my tastes from the original. I think Cam Clarke should voice Wolf, but that's just me.

Relhots

Smash Lord
I was able to get the Star Wolf part of the Lylat Cruise taunt translated.

1st
Panther:a space battle, this suites me...
Leon: wolf is fighting so courageously! With those long claws, sharp teeth, a wild fighter that has forgotten about all other things. When he targets things, they will always fall.
Panther: hey leon?
Leon: I'm not praising him... no I'm not...*laugh*

2nd
Panther: you really have angered me. Prepare to die/fight.
Falco: You are so annoying...
Leon: Childish bird, Die in front of me.
Slippy: oh no! Flaco's going to die!
Falco: shut up, in a time like this you must fight till the end! Don't lay a hand on my kill.

3rd
Krystal: the stars are very beautiful
Panther: it compare to your beauty krystal
Krystal: oh panther, well said.
Panther: in all this space it was fate that we were brought together, accept these red feelings from me.
Falco: Stop sucking up. It makes me mad.

4th
leon: a blue planet... these planets are good too.
Slippy: yeah.. a planet with water is really nice. Because, we animals need water to keep our skin from becoming dry right leon?
leon: don't compare me to a frog.
Slippy: but your tongue does stretch out right?
Leon: Don'r compare me to a frog!!!

Also.
Wolf: Asobi wa owari da, Star Fox! means "Play time is over, Star Fox!"
cool ill post them in the thread ok?

my friend is busy working...he said they said something about SSBB...

Top Bottom