• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's spotdodge analysis.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lately I've noticed that :wolf:'s spotdoge is rather good. To end a match I ran up to a :metaknight: spotdodged and then Dsmash'd for the victory KO. The spotdodge saved me from a :metaknight: Fsmash.

I think :wolf:'s spotdodge is highly underused. As are his rolls and amazing short hop.

:018:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
They are pretty good, although afaik they don't have anything special frame-wise and all. The animations aren't too telegraphed either, at least with the roll. SHs though, holy crap. Can we talk about how amazing backflip is again? Because that ****'s broken lmao

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I never said broken though -.-

And Wolf''s spotdodge is good technically but I don't think spotdodge is that good an option in general.

Laem

Smash Champion
Spotdodging is amazing in general imo.
Wolf's is still pretty average at best. Compared to falco...Damn ye, ye falco.
Same goes for his rolls. Ye olde falco outclasses him there also.
The wolf in the shadow of the falcon; what treachery is this

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Spotdodging for about anything is an horrible habit, Im pretty proud myself I managed to leave it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have the opposite problem. I shield too much and get grabbed for it.

This ^

uuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh

Though Wolf's shield is amazing. I can't remember the last time I was shieldpoked while using Wolf.

Haven't noticed anything special about Wolf's spotdodge though.

Or his rolls.

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Air dodge to D-smash is actually quite handy especially against the unsuspecting opponent. I wouldn't rely on it too much however. You always have the type who just keep their shield up and punish the crap out of you.

I do think however that his air dodge is better than people give him credit for. As far as my experiences go having employed that 'combo' if you will.

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
This ^

uuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh

Though Wolf's shield is amazing. I can't remember the last time I was shieldpoked while using Wolf.

Haven't noticed anything special about Wolf's spotdodge though.

Or his rolls.

Try MK's Nado haha. I don't seem to find anything noteworthy in his shield. I can agree with the spot dodge though. It's average at best from what I've gleaned.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wolf's spotdodge is really nice, and his backflip animation is incredible for spacing.

Spotdodging is NOT a terrible habit, and is used frequently at higher levels of play.

The only real risk of spotdodging is having your opponent charge a smash and punish it (because you spotdodge too often). Spotdodging is great for just predicting blatant c-stick smashes that your opponents use first.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Air dodge to D-smash is actually quite handy especially against the unsuspecting opponent. I wouldn't rely on it too much however. You always have the type who just keep their shield up and punish the crap out of you.

I do think however that his air dodge is better than people give him credit for. As far as my experiences go having employed that 'combo' if you will.
AD>Dsmash is terrible.

:018:

Roller

Smash Legend
idk, you'd be amazed how many times I just get away with just running up to someone and standing there as they spotdodge for a free grab...

Spotdodge is good. But if you make it your default answer in any specific situation, and your opponent sees that... You're done.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I usually just randomly Usmash when I think people are going to do a dodge, works a lot of the times haha

DUB

Smash Lord
It really depends. I find it to be a situational thing.
That sounds like something you'd do when you are really desperate for a kill. Not saying it doesn't work, just odds are it gets shielded and you get hit for it. If they are prone ot holding shield while you are in the air, AD behind ppl and buffer grab or catch their shield drop.

Kind of gimmicky, but with Wolf's fall speed it works sometimes. FF AD--> Spotdodge infront of ppl baits a lot of grabs.

Top Bottom