• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's learning curve...

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Woo hoo, I didn't kill the discussion with my reply to Marsulas.

I understand that Link is a crap character, and is hard as balls to win with. Link does have a ton of options in any given scenario, but the fact that only one or two might work sorta makes him not hard to learn what the right moves are to use, if that makes any sense.

The right move to use when...that's incredibly broad in my opinion. In any given situations, a character has several game options or combination of game options he can do, and one or all might work depending how the other player is about to react.

Link just has a ton of options, you needa figure out what works. So I say Wolf has a lesser learning curve than Link. But I still say that Wolf has an above average learning curve, nothing absurd.

tekkie

Smash Master
I'd say Snake's learning curve is easy because if I spend a week learning him I'll do just as well at a tournament level as I would with Wolf.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
While Arc is busy critiquing himself... :p

Snake has a very difficult learning curve, what with all of his ATs, but it is somewhat simpler for him to decide what move or technique to use when...

...In a sense, [Snake's] learning curve is somewhat easy, too.
What a way to make a point; make two completely different conclusions in the same paragraph.

So: Wolf is moderate, Snake is slightly easier than Wolf, Link is crazy hard.
There. You've just read my really long post in 10 seconds.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'd say Snake's learning curve is easy because if I spend a week learning him I'll do just as well at a tournament level as I would with Wolf.
I'd say Wolf's learning curve is easy because when I spent two weeks learning him I did better at a tournament level than I did with Ice Climbers.

FailProofFrank

Smash Cadet
Alright fellas, time for my input...
In my chats with people and experience, I have to say that Wolf does have a high learning curve, I mean sure (and you guys have already said it before) people can laser and try and span his C-stick, but if your a fairly decent player you can see through these things.

One of my favorite things about Wolf that I think a lot of people overlook is his OverB (his equivalent to the Fox Flash etc...i just forgot the name). It's taken me a long, long time to be able to perfect hitting people with the sweet spot in tournament play to cause them to either be Meteored, thrown forward, or backward, all depending on just how you hit them. This I think is one of the hardest things to be able to do with Wolf, WITHOUT KILLING YOURSELF ON ACCIDENT.

I've also noticed his UpB (FireFox) has certain capabilities I havent been able to figure out all the way, it has the power to break shields...meaning that sometimes it will just ignore that an opponent has his shield up and deal damage and carry them anyway, for me this usually happens just a little bit over halfway after using the move.

And lastly, one thing im still working on too, that makes Wolf have a great learning curve, is learning how to use his OverB on the ledges of levels to cancel it out, or to just go straight through the level (IE Smashville)...moral of the story is...Wolf has a high learning curve if you want to use him properly...

Top Bottom