• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolfs Landmaster

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Honestly when i found out about his final smash my reaction was a laugh. I saw it coming. But really come on. Who here on smashboards are going to be playing with items on after a few weeks. Final smashes wont even be in tournaments. At least thats the general consensus. After confirmation of Zamus, we now have access to another character without having to transform.

Wolf is a great luigified character. His Fs isn't. Not that we'll see it unless were beating up on our siblings or noob friends.

But every once in awhile you can pull it out, just to remind yourself of Sakurai's plain attack at the hardcore smash scene or plain negligence to variety and originality.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Anything for a fellow Wolf player. Wolfenmeister maybe? to give a distinct german feel to it?

and good god.....almsot 5000 posts since may of last year!

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I'll be using items...i always use items, and i don't think they would ban FS's in tournies, i think that they might just be the only item on, because it's another one of the characters attacks.

Felcis

Smash Rookie
I'll be using items...i always use items, and i don't think they would ban FS's in tournies, i think that they might just be the only item on, because it's another one of the characters attacks.
I agree. Besides they don´t randomly appear on the stage to get simply picked up. You have to EARN the SmashBalls by attacking them enough. It is not just luck, like getting a good item.

maxieman

Smash Ace
My reaction when I heard about the wolfenmeister was.... WHAT THE ****!?

Still love that roster though!

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
what are you talking about?
FS is going to be a big part of the game, i think it should even be a part of tournaments and hardcore brawls.

D1

Banned via Administration
*sigh* To have 3 Starfox chars have the same FS is BS. After seeing this my urge to see FSes used in competitive play has gone down. I'll just play for fun w/ ppl and mess around w/ FSes but once the novelty wears thin, I'll just completely forget about it.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
NO WOLFEN FIGHTER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

To be brutally honest WTF SAKURAI????

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yes... I think that is a serious what the **** move... way to rep Star Fox, you short sighted prick, Sakurai. BUT! Wolf is in, and that's what matters. I'd rather have Wolf in and be not a clone with the same FS as opposed to more or less a clone with an original FS. It's his core moveset that matters.

Dx-pyrohunter64

Smash Apprentice
Yes... I think that is a serious what the **** move... way to rep Star Fox, you short sighted prick, Sakurai. BUT! Wolf is in, and that's what matters. I'd rather have Wolf in and be not a clone with the same FS as opposed to more or less a clone with an original FS. It's his core moveset that matters.
QFT

Seriously, I'm thinkin of makin him my main just because of his moveset but I don't know knowing me I'll probably end up using metaknight or someone else lol

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
what does QFT mean anyways...ive always though it was WUIT FU**ING TALKING.

and lets all conisder this,....in all good time according to the code hacked from the disc, we shoudl be able to change final smashes with a chacne of crashing but some shoudl work :)

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
what does QFT mean anyways...ive always though it was WUIT FU**ING TALKING.

and lets all conisder this,....in all good time according to the code hacked from the disc, we shoudl be able to change final smashes with a chacne of crashing but some shoudl work :)
according to Wikipedia posters:
{"QFT", internet slang usually meaning "quoted for truth". This term applies on forums and posting boards where users can edit their posts, and describes a re-posting of another user's statement in order to counteract subsequent changes. Since the repost is not made by the original author, it can not be edited by him and will always preserve an unaltered copy of his initial contribution. Thus the QFT holds the poster to his original statement. It is also used - in the form of the slightly-altered "quoted from truth" - to express agreement with a previous poster's statement and validate its veracity.}

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
it would have made a huge difference, in my opinion, to have Wolfs FS be the Wolfen, instead of the Landmaster. same as the Landmaster (fire lasers, barrel roll), except you sort of hover off to the side of the field a bit instead of just staying in one spot.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
according to Wikipedia posters:
{"QFT", internet slang usually meaning "quoted for truth". This term applies on forums and posting boards where users can edit their posts, and describes a re-posting of another user's statement in order to counteract subsequent changes. Since the repost is not made by the original author, it can not be edited by him and will always preserve an unaltered copy of his initial contribution. Thus the QFT holds the poster to his original statement. It is also used - in the form of the slightly-altered "quoted from truth" - to express agreement with a previous poster's statement and validate its veracity.}
thankyou!!! lol for years ive thought it was quit fn talkin....now i wont be so irate when people quote me for truth :)

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
It is sad...isn't it?
Fox should have the landmaster, Wolf should have the arwing, and falco just shouldnt be in the game (unless he had a completely remade move set).

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
It is sad...isn't it?
Fox should have the landmaster, Wolf should have the arwing, and falco just shouldnt be in the game (unless he had a completely remade move set).
Falco is a better pilot than Fox. He should have got the Arwing.

I wouldn't have a problem with Falco getting the Arwing and Wolf getting the Wolfen. Seriously though, 3 tanks? That SUCKS. Somebody please tell me where Wolf used a Landmaster. I didn't play too much of Assault and I hope this is somewhat cannonical.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
"Falco is a better pilot than Fox. He should have got the Arwing."

WRONG!

That's not true at all. Falco is refered to as the "Ace Pilot" of the team, but Fox is still the superior fighter in an Arwing. If it wasn't for Fox, Falco would have never entered the Academy and learned to fly, and it was Falco's admiration and respect for Fox's ability to fly that has allowed him get to where he is now, where he has slowly been catching up to Fox is piloting ability. According to the comics, Star Fox 64, and tidbits of info here and there.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
They could have at least changed the Landmasters more drasticly than a color change...

Yaifrog

Smash Rookie
They gave them all the same Final Smash because they ran out of time! It was either leave Wolf and Falco out, delay the game AGAIN, or give them the same Final Smash! I'm quite glad they chose the latter.

Relhots

Smash Lord
I somehow highly doubt those were those options... but we'll live. Three Landmaster FSes, haha, ho ho.

Is it out of everyone's system now?
I dont think it'll ever go away...

"Falco is a better pilot than Fox. He should have got the Arwing."

WRONG!

That's not true at all. Falco is refered to as the "Ace Pilot" of the team, but Fox is still the superior fighter in an Arwing. If it wasn't for Fox, Falco would have never entered the Academy and learned to fly, and it was Falco's admiration and respect for Fox's ability to fly that has allowed him get to where he is now, where he has slowly been catching up to Fox is piloting ability. According to the comics, Star Fox 64, and tidbits of info here and there.
Wow...you really know your Starfox trivia...probably more than me or anyone else i know... :)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
XD

Star Fox is my favorite franchise of all time. I once spent three days in a row, probably about 8 hours outta my day dedicated to, looking up and researching Star Fox information. ^_^

As for the year, I have no idea... that's the one thing that saddens me... I haven't been able to find all the Star Fox comics... only some. If you know where I can find them, let me know.

Also, no, they did not all go to the Academy, at least from what I know of. My knowledge about Peppy is a little shakey when it comes to the Academy, but I'm pretty sure he didnt'.

Fox, Falco, Bill, and Wolf all went to the Academy (flight school, if anyone is still wondering). That I am sure of. Fox joined to follow in his father's footsteps, guided by Peppy. Falco joined after Fox offered him a position at the Academy. Bill and Fox were just good time bestest buddy pals in the Academy, but when they graduated Bill went off to become a lieutent(?) in the Cornerian army where Fox went solo to recreate the Star Fox team. I'm pretty sure something bad happen between Fox and Wolf, which is why Wolf holds such a bewildering grudge against Fox, though I could be wrong about that and it may be entirely unexplained. I never figured that part out.

Krystal doesn't come into the story AT ALL until Adventures. However, some of her designs and concepts seem to be taken from Fox's mother, Fara. Similar appearance and all, just different character and background/personality.

Again, in regards to Falco, I am somewhat confused... I'm positive he attended the Academy, but I also know he was a space gangster (EL OH EL!) in the space gang Hot Riders. I'm not sure if he went from Academy, to gang, to Star Fox or from gang, to Academy, to Star Fox or from whatever...

Okay, I'm done... sorry. I really need to look at those comics again...

Relhots

Smash Lord
XD

Star Fox is my favorite franchise of all time. I once spent three days in a row, probably about 8 hours outta my day dedicated to, looking up and researching Star Fox information. ^_^

As for the year, I have no idea... that's the one thing that saddens me... I haven't been able to find all the Star Fox comics... only some. If you know where I can find them, let me know.

Also, no, they did not all go to the Academy, at least from what I know of. My knowledge about Peppy is a little shakey when it comes to the Academy, but I'm pretty sure he didnt'.

Fox, Falco, Bill, and Wolf all went to the Academy (flight school, if anyone is still wondering). That I am sure of. Fox joined to follow in his father's footsteps, guided by Peppy. Falco joined after Fox offered him a position at the Academy. Bill and Fox were just good time bestest buddy pals in the Academy, but when they graduated Bill went off to become a lieutent(?) in the Cornerian army where Fox went solo to recreate the Star Fox team. I'm pretty sure something bad happen between Fox and Wolf, which is why Wolf holds such a bewildering grudge against Fox, though I could be wrong about that and it may be entirely unexplained. I never figured that part out.

Krystal doesn't come into the story AT ALL until Adventures. However, some of her designs and concepts seem to be taken from Fox's mother, Fara. Similar appearance and all, just different character and background/personality.

Again, in regards to Falco, I am somewhat confused... I'm positive he attended the Academy, but I also know he was a space gangster (EL OH EL!) in the space gang Hot Riders. I'm not sure if he went from Academy, to gang, to Star Fox or from gang, to Academy, to Star Fox or from whatever...

Okay, I'm done... sorry. I really need to look at those comics again...
Bill is pretty cool...i thought he was a commander...
Falco was part of a gang...im pretty sure.
i thought Wolf got mad at Fox after his failure to kill him in 64...im not sure though...plz send me a link to the comics...i would like to read them...

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Actually, a scene in 64 states that Fox already knows Wolf way before (Oh look, it's Star Wolf! or something).

Relhots

Smash Lord
Actually, a scene in 64 states that Fox already knows Wolf way before (Oh look, it's Star Wolf! or something).
oh yeah..(duh) i cant believe i forgot that...i must be having a stupid moment right now :laugh:

its been so long since i've played Starfox 64

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Bill is freaking sweet. Man I love that guy. I wish Star Fox would do more with him (the series, that is). As to his official rank, I don't know. I do know he is one of, if not the, ace pilots of the Cornerian army. I wanted to call him a general, but he doesn't come anywhere close to General Pepper's rank and he is still out in combat... commander sounds good.

I'm 100% Falco was in a gang... more than once. He was in the gang "Hot Riders" which is how he met Katt, who returns to taunt you in SF64; Falco is blaringly obvious about being embarassed by her pressence. ALso, if I'm not mistaken, Falco leaves Star Fox to join a space gnag once more in Adventures.

Wolf was mad at his failure to defeat Fox in Star Fox 64. Whether or not there was anger before that in the comics I'm uncertain of. Even if there was, that doesn't necessarily mean it transcribed into the games. As for whether or not his defeat in 64 is the reason he has an ever growing desire to take Fox out, whereas he might not have cared as much before, I'm not sure.

Also, like I said, I can't find the comics... just some of this stuff: http://arwinglanding.net/gallery/index.php?cat=5

It doesn't talk much about the Academy in those, I don't think. By the way, http://www.arwinglanding.net/ is the best Star Fox site I know of. Good stuff.

EDIT: You may be right, Darkfur. I actually think you are. *racks brain* I can't remember Fox's mothers name, though I still think it starts with an F. Regardless, though, Fara does strike a remarkable resemblance to Fox's mother as well. In the end, it is all what Krystal is based off of.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Bill is freaking sweet. Man I love that guy. I wish Star Fox would do more with him (the series, that is). As to his official rank, I don't know. I do know he is one of, if not the, ace pilots of the Cornerian army. I wanted to call him a general, but he doesn't come anywhere close to General Pepper's rank and he is still out in combat... commander sounds good.

I'm 100% Falco was in a gang... more than once. He was in the gang "Hot Riders" which is how he met Katt, who returns to taunt you in SF64; Falco is blaringly obvious about being embarassed by her pressence. ALso, if I'm not mistaken, Falco leaves Star Fox to join a space gnag once more in Adventures.

Wolf was mad at his failure to defeat Fox in Star Fox 64. Whether or not there was anger before that in the comics I'm uncertain of. Even if there was, that doesn't necessarily mean it transcribed into the games. As for whether or not his defeat in 64 is the reason he has an ever growing desire to take Fox out, whereas he might not have cared as much before, I'm not sure.

Also, like I said, I can't find the comics... just some of this stuff: http://arwinglanding.net/gallery/index.php?cat=5

It doesn't talk much about the Academy in those, I don't think. By the way, http://www.arwinglanding.net/ is the best Star Fox site I know of. Good stuff.

EDIT: You may be right, Darkfur. I actually think you are. *racks brain* I can't remember Fox's mothers name, though I still think it starts with an F. Regardless, though, Fara does strike a remarkable resemblance to Fox's mother as well. In the end, it is all what Krystal is based off of.
I'm pretty sure that Fox's mom's name is Fara... and thanks for the links...

Top Bottom