• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's English Voice

Relhots

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arRHChWh5tk&feature=user

Cowboy Wolf, eh?
http://smashboards.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif
:laugh:
He sorta sounds like Southern but it's only in his FS. He sounds more like a Cowboy.

A space cowboy. XD
OMG, they screwed him over... lol

that sounds so weird...

He is a space chuck norris... :laugh:

Snake is the only one with a good voice

here is a good quote from the youtube page...

"Wolf: We don't take kindly to dem star-foxes 'round here"

lmao :laugh:

SilverFang

Smash Cadet
They ruined his voice, but I guess I'll get used to it somehow.
Cowboyish voice FTL.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
It sounds weird but cool at the same time. I got used to bad guys having a surprise Cowpoke accent. He sounds a little like Moses from Tales of Legendia. If any of you have played it you'll know what I mean.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
:urg:

How come Fox is the only space animal to get his cool, old school voice? I'm so disappointed.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
Now all we need is Wolf ith a cowboy hat, dropped from an arwing on a smartbomb, riding the bomb all the way down going "Yeeehaa!".

J/K, his voice is pretty good, the accent is odd, but at least it's acted pretty well, unlike some others I've seen.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Dang they gave him his Command or what should be his command voice....

he speaks like a southern hunter with the Vermin and buggers......

Great Peppy was southern
Bill is now southern
now Wolf is southern

Whats with Star Fox and the South? :dizzy:

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I don't see how you can think this voice sounds badass.

It makes me want to crawl into my skin when I hear it it is so embarassing... *sighs*

Like... dammit...

Wolf: Them Star Foxes been pokin' 'round me turf. Let's make em apologies, boys!
Alternatively
Wolf: What brings you to these parts, Star Fox? Them parts are daaangerous

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
oh great god of Smash why did you do this to Wolf? I'm planning on using him alot and that voice is totally putting me off him... Star Fox Assault and Command made be want to play as him (and a certain inside joke but I won't go into that) and now the terrible voice acting is turning me away from him.

~Sigh~

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I dig his new voice.

It's way better than "Con't let yoo do thot stah fawks"
Disagree. I like the smooth villianous accent from the 64 version. This one sounds ridiculous.

Doesn't mean I won't use him, but I really do wish the US version of Brawl would include the Japanese voices like Melee did. =/

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
I like it! It gives him some real personality. The English VA really makes Fox, Falco, and Wolf stand apart.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
His best voice was in Assault. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGJPDMvOMZw
His 64 version was British. Wolf is not British. At all...

Snake's voice needed to be like his original voice, considering how much he talks in his games, but I (being a huge metal gear solid fan) can hear the difference. It's too raspy.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
I cant wait for someone to make a video of wolf riding his land master yelling "YE HA!"

Also where did they get the english version?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I prefer his Assault voice, but I think his new VA is just as good. The voice at least fits him, and in the end I think that's all that matters.
Are you kidding me?! That's the farthest thing from "fits" I've ever SEEN.

He's a WOLF, he uses MARTIAL ARTS like attacks and stances, he acts completely SAVAGE and BRUTAL and FERAL, he is covered in CHAINS, and SPIKES, and COLLARS... and they gave him a ridiculous red neck, cotton growing accent? That's insane to me.

Sometimes Sakurai makes me wonder... three land masters, now this?

I think he was also responsible for Soul Calibur's stupidity.

"Okay guys, we're going to make Darth Vader and Yoda exclusives on the next Soul Calibur game, so go ahead and pitch me your ideas. HOw do you think we should do thi--"

Sakurai - "OH! OH! OOOOH! I gotz it guyz I gotSZSZ it GUYS!_shift__=+111. So, Darth Vader is black, right? Okay, stick with me here guyz. So let's put him... ON THE PS3! Because, get this, IT IS BLACK AS WELL! And then Yoda... he is green.... .. .... SO HE CAN GO ON THE 360!"

*sighs* Okay, I'm done. I'm vented.
I'll deal.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I like Wolf's voice. He has the kind of, respectable non-trashy southern voice that I think is cool. The accent isn't that heavy anyway, I like it.

Snake is obviously great.

Lucario talks?!

Good voice anyway.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman

He's a WOLF, he uses MARTIAL ARTS like attacks and stances, he acts completely SAVAGE and BRUTAL and FERAL, he is covered in CHAINS, and SPIKES, and COLLARS... and they gave him a ridiculous red neck, cotton growing accent? That's insane to me.
You make his voice sound a lot worse than it actually is. For one, there's a difference between redneck/hillbilly accents and the Western outlaw voice they gave Wolf. I'll admit, it might not go well with the way he fights, but it still fits his character. In the Star Fox series, the Star Wolf team are a band of outlaws, so they chose to make Wolf sound like some sort of rugged Western outlaw. I won't doubt that they could have done better, but some people like yourself are making it sound much worse than it actually is.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace

Sometimes Sakurai makes me wonder... three land masters, now this?

I think he was also responsible for Soul Calibur's stupidity.

"Okay guys, we're going to make Darth Vader and Yoda exclusives on the next Soul Calibur game, so go ahead and pitch me your ideas. HOw do you think we should do thi--"

Sakurai - "OH! OH! OOOOH! I gotz it guyz I gotSZSZ it GUYS!_shift__=+111. So, Darth Vader is black, right? Okay, stick with me here guyz. So let's put him... ON THE PS3! Because, get this, IT IS BLACK AS WELL! And then Yoda... he is green.... .. .... SO HE CAN GO ON THE 360!"

*sighs* Okay, I'm done. I'm vented.
I'll deal.
They're going to be DLC after the game is released. Chill dude. (So yes, Darth Vader will be playable on the 360 eventually)

Top Bottom