• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf teammate discussions 1 - Metaknight

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Ok this is a big thread where we discuss good teammates for wolf. I will change the character whenever we finish discussing it and put whatever is agreed upon in a little description of the character. Now I want you to rate how well wolf + (insert character here) performs as a team out of ten and if you can list why their a good/bad team. Im not really experienced in team fights so im expecting some of you guys to help me out with that.

Example:
Mr. T: 9/10
Reason: Mr. T is a powerhouse and uses his awesomeness to beat every opponent. His natural awesome makes him a great character to team up with wolf. He is really good at covering wolfs bad matchups like falco or DDD but he is weak to ganondorf and captain falcon but wolf helps with those. The 2 characters working together form a decent team with good matchup coverage.

Metaknight: Discussing

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Come on guys discuss I posted this for a reason not for it to be ignored.

I do agree with wolf being good with MK because well hes MK he owns enough by himself. He covers all the matchups for both of them himself.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Would it not be true that strategies in a 1-on-1 match... Well, isn't it true that most of those strategies wouldn't quite work in a 2v2 battle? For example, take Dedede's infinite on, let's say Donkey Kong. In a 2v2, not only to you have less space to safely do this, but you also risk leaving yourself open to the partner of the person you're chain-grabbing, almost completely changing the odds.

I'm not sure conventional 1v1 match-ups can be used word-for-word in team match discussion. But, maybe I'm wrong.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think it's too early to do team discussions already. Most of us are still busy becoming better in singles. The entire (Meta)game is too young to think of something like that.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this is a great idea. it isnt too early to start discussions on this type of thing yet. If you start discussions through threads like this then people will be more inclined to start trying it out themselves and finding stuff out

I may steal your idea for the diddy threads sessy, but i'll credit you in the OP :laugh:

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Would it not be true that strategies in a 1-on-1 match... Well, isn't it true that most of those strategies wouldn't quite work in a 2v2 battle? For example, take Dedede's infinite on, let's say Donkey Kong. In a 2v2, not only to you have less space to safely do this, but you also risk leaving yourself open to the partner of the person you're chain-grabbing, almost completely changing the odds.

I'm not sure conventional 1v1 match-ups can be used word-for-word in team match discussion. But, maybe I'm wrong.
No, I believe you are absolutely 100% correct.

A good example of this is in Melee. Captain Falcon was a good singles character, but couldn't get away with a lot of things. He was even better in teams (considered one of the best partners) because of a few things such as his recovery being less gimpable, throwing out more random power house moves without being punished, able to save his team mate, etc.

1v1 doesn't necessarily transcribe to 2v2.

I think it's too early to do team discussions already. Most of us are still busy becoming better in singles. The entire (Meta)game is too young to think of something like that.
I disagree. I look at other characters boards and they are far more advanced, organized, and intelligent.

Threads such as these in and of themselves help to advance Wolf's game. You can't simply sit there and let his game stagnate. The metagame advances through experience and exchange of information. There might be someone out there, for example, that knows how to "wave dash" in Brawl, but they don't have the internet or anything and none of their friends are big competitive players. He can't share the information so it is inaccessible to us.

Oh, and MK as a partner is a 10/10... as would any partner with MK be.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Alright so does everybody think 9.5/10 is about right for Wolf + Metaknight? Any tips/strategies I should add other than "Metaknight is the best because hes the best"?

What character should we do next? If nobobody wants any characters in particular i'll just go by the tier list.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Not to sound like I'm putting you down Sess, but Chronoize started a teams matchup thread before, and it had a lot more detail and everything, but it didn't really get anywhere. I don't think all teams can be given a simple number, teams is reaaaaaally complex at times, and a scale to 10 isn't too specific for a list of 1300 possibilities... Not that discussing teams is a bad idea, I just feel that it should be a LOT more in depth, and in all honesty it's going to be tough to get some real powerful and useful opinions since few people are truly proficient in teams.

Personally, MK+Wolf isn't a 10/10, because MK + almost every other character is just as good, if not better. They don't seem to compliment eachother in any way in particular, or at least nothing huge in my opinion. It's still MK though, so probably 9/10 or something.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well what else would I add?
Exactly. I don't know, you don't know, and it seems like there aren't any other people on the wold boards that would know (or at least none that are currently active). Basically, we don't have anyone who seems to really know what teams is all about. A good thing would be that he's quick, and I feel that's one of the biggest things wolf needs from a teams partner. Whenever you are getting chaingrabbed or something, MK will be able to rush to the rescue pretty quickly. Same goes for preventing others from trying to gimp you. He doesn't need ledge access a good amount of the time, so if you both get knocked off on the same side, recovering shouldn't be too bad for both characters.

Top Bottom